“Accommodating”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Keene
Williamsburg, Massachusetts
“Accommodating”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

The manager was very friendly and helpful in getting us a non-smoking room, at the last minute, for the night, even though the area was busy with a convention in town. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The continental breakfast was actually pretty good and filling, with a nice selection of items, such as fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, waffles, etc. The location was easy to get to and from route 9. With smoking allowed in the hotel, it was nice not having any residual odor in our room and the hallways were not over powered by the smoking in the other areas. All and all, it was a very pleasant stay and I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bedford, New Hampshire
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Formerly the Keene Super 8, this motel has re-branded itself as a Days Inn in Keene , NH. The entire property has seen a makeover. The lobby, though small, is inviting with a feel of home. The Inn Keeper Jim, was there to welcome us and to explain the features of his property. The room was exceptionally clean with an abundance of comfortable pillows and towels. New to the motel is a gym with the equipment that you would expect. The lobby has a computer that guests can use. One of the outstanding features is an expanded breakfast that is free to it's guests.
I have stayed here numerous times and it just gets better all the time.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed 18 July 2012

You would not expect a Days Inn in Keene to be a great hotel to stay in but we were very surprised! The hotel is in a good location, right on the main road, only a couple miles away from Keene State Campus and Shopping in the same plaza. The hotel offers both smoking and non smoking room which the hallway on the second floor, where we were staying smelled a little smokey but our non smoking room did not smell of smoke at all. The room was very clean, a little outdated and not so modern but clean and comfortable. Our bed was the biggest surprise. Felt more like a bed you would get in a 4 star hotel. Very plush and very comfortable. Slept the best I had in awhile in it. We did our usual check for bed bugs when we got there and was surprised to find a mattress protector to keep bed bugs away. Most hotels do not supply those. We did not eat the continental breakfast but instead went to the Swanzey diner which was very good. I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The dog may bark at you when you first go in, but is a sweetheart and is all bark no bite.
1 Thank dibajui
Southington, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I loved this hotel. I stayed here a few months back when I was taking theology courses,& the manager was very gr8!! I had broken my cellphone & he went out of his way 2 help me get ahold of verizon wireless. This hotel has a beautiful & friendly black lab dog that I loved!!! I wont lie it wasnt the best location 4 some1 walking everywhere considering the area doesnt have good public transportation however there was target n pricechopper right thr n it was gr8 4 a wk!! God bless u guys!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Pittstown, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My wife and I are traveling my motorcycle from New jersey to Maine and our first night's stay was at the Days Inn Keene. As luck would have it we had to ride the last 30 - 40 miles in a downpour. We were drenched when we walked into the motel and dripped water all over the lobby and desk. The night manager (Jim) was very nice and after checking in he gave us some rags (old towels) to dry all of our "stuff" and he even let us dry our clothes in the motel dryer because they didn't have one for guest use. Since it was raining, we had to order out and Jim suggested several places and even had menus for them. Great service here!

The property is older, but well maintained. Our room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. Their Continental breakfast which started at 6:00 AM was one of the nicer ones I've seen. They even had coffee, donuts and juice ready at 5:00 AM for us early risers.

I would definitely stay here again and I can wholeheartedly recommend it.

mamaroneck
Reviewed 15 July 2012

They are pet friendly. The room was clean and quiet. That night the hotel had 7 pets, not including Aggie (who said hello when we checked in) and we heard not one bark from any of the other guest. The beds were extremely comfortable and the pillow was a normal size. It was bloody hot and the room cooled very quickly.
Jim recommended Kimball Farms in Jaffery (37 min away) and boy was that a great ice cream place!
In the morning Sharon kept the Complementary Breakfast completely stacked with eggs, hot waffles, all the jams and jellies you would want. And the coffee was the best i ever had. I asked Sharon where could i pick my own blueberries and she recommended a wonderful farm not far from the hotel.
In short this is a great hotel without the high price that accepts pets and is very clean and is very close to the town. Don't worry about the pool being across the street, it is very nice and heated. I highly recommend this place for staying for business, couples, family, friends or just yourself. Thanks Jim and Sharon for making an unplanned vacation stop so wonderful!

Room Tip: a/c did not keep me up or bother my dog
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Horseheads, New York
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Travelling on my way through Keene, and figured to spend the night at the Days Inn. The front staff was friendly, and the location is great being right off route 9. The room was nice, and the bed was comfy and huge! The reclining chair was nice to have, but color didn't really seem to match anything else (but really, does that matter?). I was really happy with everything except the towels. They're a little small(I say this and I'm a pretty slight guy) and not very soft. I know it isn't a 5 star hotel, but please buy some towels! Other than that, everything else was at or above my expectations. I'll definitely stay again if I find myself in the area again.

• Stayed April 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keene
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Keene
Fairfield Inn & Suites Keene Downtown
Courtyard Keene Downtown
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel...
#2 of 2 in West Chesterfield
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 10 in Brattleboro

Been to Days Inn Keene NH? Share your experiences!