“Amazing Honeymoon! Made to feel like a member of the family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Naswa Resort

The Naswa Resort
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Laconia
Freeport, Maine
“Amazing Honeymoon! Made to feel like a member of the family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

We stayed in one of the rooms overlooking the lake with a private balcony. I can't say enough how wonderful it was. The room wasn't fancy...but was clean and cozy! We rented a boat for the week which we docked there at the resort...which was great. We loved the beach bar where you can have your feet in the water, listening to great live music and having nice cool drinks! The Blue Bistro was unbelieveably good! Breakfast never disappointed us nor did dinner. But what REALLY put our stay over the top was the service. Whether it was at the NazBar or the front desk or at the Blue Bistro...you were made to feel welcome and like you were the most important guest there...you can't beat that! Everyone congratulated us all week...they left us champagne and a card...and it was so great that we booked an extra night! We're thinking of going back for our anniversary! LOVE LOVE LOVE it there!

~Susan Kennedy

Room Tip: We liked the rooms facing the lake with the private balconies!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Naswa, Owner at The Naswa Resort, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
It was our pleasure serving you during your Honeymoon stay at our Resort ! The NASWA is family operated and our guest's satisfaction is our top priority. We look forward to celebrating your future anniversaries with you at the NASWA! When making reservations please remind us that it is your anniversary!

NASWA Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

We stay at the Naswa last month on our Honeymoon and enjoyed it very much. I would highly recommend it and would stay there again. It is an old school type of motel but kept up very well and is very clean. It is family run and everyone is very nice. Beds were super comfortable and I LOVED the shower. Lot's of water pressure. Dinner at the Blue Bistro was very good and our server was very pleasant.

Room Tip: We originally had a "Lake View" room which is across the street. Because it was a slow wee...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Naswa, Owner at The Naswa Resort, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Thanks for spending your honeymoon at the NASWA. We hope the NASWA will become a wedding anniversary tradition! Looking forward to seeing you at the NASWA for your first anniversary. Please be sure to remind us that you are spending your anniversary with us!!

Greenfield, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

I hadn't stayed in Laconia since I was a child. For the price I was expecting an ole run down motel like we had stayed in during the 70s down the street a bit. Our room was immaculate! Bed were comfortable. Pillows amazing. Bathroom spotless and the water pressure in the shower fantastic! A great view of the lake. All of the staff were incredibly friendly and very accommodating! The Bistro food was incredible and very reasonably priced. I highly suggest the pasta and chicken dish I had the first night. For breakfast the first morning I had the Caribbean French Toast and it was to die for. I'm not a huge fan of Mimosa but they are complimentary for resort guests. The second morning I had the corned beef hash, again, it was amazing-real corned beef, not some canned version. My son, who ate for free, as I learned children do at the Naswa, had a humongous angus beef burger off the children's menu with french fries. His Shirley Temple and chocolate milk--a proper portion in what looked like an 8oz. glass, was the only thing that seemed small, but we really don't need to be a super size nation. I had a salad at the Nazbar that was just ok. Only because the chicken breast was overcooked. Don't let me forget about the dessert. My son and I shared the Chocolate molten cake--I have never had a better one. We liked it so much, we had it again the second night to celebrate my birthday with. That was another example of stellar service. We arrived back to the Naswa after the M/S. Washington dinner cruise as the Bistro was closing and the staff was kind enough to make this dessert for us. The complimentary use of the paddle boats and Kayaks were fun. I particularly liked the new Heritage Featherlite. It moved through the water very easily. The Naswa is located within walking distance of Weirs beach which was very helpful not having to fret about parking when we went to the shops, arcade and the M/S. Washington. I purchased my cruise tickets right at the Naswa at a discount. Again for the family dinner cruise on Wednesdays kids under 13 are free. I would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Other folks have mentioned their lodging needing updating I felt our room overlooking the water on t...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Heatherstrip
Naswa, Owner at The Naswa Resort, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review your NASWA experience on Trip Advisor. Many of our guests visit Trip Advisor prior to making a reservation with us and your detailed review will help others when making their travel plans. We have been serving our guests for 78 years. Our staff works hard keeping the facilities clean and continually updating our property. It sounds like you had a marvelous stay taking advantage of many of the amenities the NASWA offers as well as enjoying Weirs Beach and the M/S Mount Washington Cruise ship on Lake Winnipesaukee.

Hope to serve you again in the near future!

Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

Wonderful place to relax. Nothing fancy but who needs fancy when the location is what counts. Very clean rooms, beds are so comfy, plenty of extra pillows and towels. Restaurant and Naz Bar both with great food and great service so no need to ever leave the resort. Staff very efficient and friendly.
The only thing that would make this perfect would be some umbrellas here and there to shade the chairs at the beach.

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms are best. You can sit on the balcony and be right on the beach at the same time...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Naswa, Owner at The Naswa Resort, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thanks for staying with us! Glad you enjoyed our convenient location, our restaurants and our customer service. Our housekeepers do their best to make sure the rooms are very clean, well equipped and stocked. We will certainly pass on your compliments to them.

The summer is just beginning! Hope to serve you again this season!

Marlborough, Connecticut, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

First, I must say that the staff was always friendly and offered to do anything to help....but this place is in such horrid condition I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. There was NOTHiNG positive (other than the friendly staff) . The cottage was tiny and slanted from old age. The tv barely had any working stations....and I haven't had to get up to change channels since I was about 15 . The shower was old, ran hot and cold and was about 2 feet wide. The bed was uncomfortable and only 2 feet from the motel. We didn't even have a working toaster. The beach was difficult to walk on because of the slant and in order to enjoy the lake you had to step off a 2 foot wall. I attempted to use the only stair down and slipped it was so covered in slime. Needless to say, I didn't often go into the water since it required help getting in and out of the lake. I was unable to connect at all to the wi-fi and when a relative complained about this they said there were no problems. The light from the outside lights were so bright it was brighter at night in the room than during the day! To top it off the blanket for the bed wasn't even long enough to pull up without having the feet bare (even with the bed being tiny) I don't blame them for having such a busy street so close, but with a bright light, a small uncomfortable bed, and loud noise....there is NO way to get a good nights sleep. I had to leave the vacation early because I just couldn't take it anymore....and the week wasn't cheep! For more than 1000 o would expect more than this.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ann K
Naswa, Owner at The Naswa Resort, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
We are truly sorry that our Resort did not meet your expectations. While your review is upsetting to read, your constructive criticism will be used to improve our facilities and amenities. Thank you for taking the time to speak with us on the phone and for sharing your feelings further with us. As you agreed, we truly care about our guests and their vacation experience when at the NASWA. We hope you will reconsider and join us for a weekend this fall. We appreciate the opportunity to earn back you trust..

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

A girlfriend and I stayed in a suite on sat/sun night. First the staff was very plentiful and efficient, someone was always cleaning everywhere. We did not eat in the restaurant it was a little pricey but that's to be expected. The price was good $150 a night for 2dbls and queen sofa. Beds squeaked and were hard but linen soft.
Things I would improve on... Towels have way to much starch., and the big thing is the bathroom.. First it is tiny tiny and really really needed to be redone. Moldy grout is one thing that does not work for me..

• Stayed June 2013
Naswa, Owner at The Naswa Resort, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Glad you found our resort to be a "clean and affordable" vacation spot on Lake Winnipesaukee. We have shared your review with our housekeeping staff in order to improve our housekeeping services for future guests. The NASWA offers two restaurant experiences to our guests. Breakfast and dinner is offered in the Blue Bistro and a more casual dining experience is offered lakeside at the NazBar & Grille. The NASWA was built over 78 years ago and while the hotel has been continually upgraded over the years you will find some guest rooms with smaller bathrooms. In the future please feel free to request a guest room with a larger bathroom and we are happy to honor your request.

NASWA
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

Love staying at The Naswa. Nice place..on the lake....very clean. Excellent friendly staff. Great beach bar with live music and really good food. Stayed with 4 guys in a 2 bedroom cottage.. very comfortable. Walking distance to Weirs Beach. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Naswa, Owner at The Naswa Resort, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thanks for staying with us during the 90th Anniversary of Motorcycle Week. Each June hundreds of thousands of Motorcycle enthusiasts flock to our area for this week long event. The NASWA family & crew has been hosting our "Biker friends and guests" for 78 years!! Glad to hear you enjoyed the food and the live music at the NazBar & Grill. It is a great place to kick back with friends! See you next year for Motorcycle Week!

NASWA Resort
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laconia
Church Landing at Mill Falls
The Summit Resort
#5 of 13 in Laconia
Weirs Beach Motel and Cottages
Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee

Been to The Naswa Resort? Share your experiences!