The Naswa Resort
The Margate Resort(Laconia)(Great Value!)
US$130
Bay Top Motel(Laconia)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$72
US$70
Half Moon Motel & Cottages(Weirs Beach)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$206
Hotels.com
US$173
US$137
Travelocity
Lazy E Motor Inn(Weirs Beach)(Great Value!)
US$73
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspaddle boatsbeach barbistro restaurantfree mimosasbedroom cottagefun placeacross the streetweirs beachlittle priceyswim areagreat resortthe cottagesscreened porchclean roomsfire pitlive entertainmentlake winnipesaukee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This review is for the Naswa Inn...located across the street from the main building. I was very disappointed with this place. I booked through Expedia, but was charged more than I was quoted. When I asked for a breakdown of the charges (which you don't get, just a credit card receipt with the amount charged), I was told they were unable to accommodate my request....uh, ok, I guess. I spent close to $600 for three nights there (July 3, 4 and 5). The rooms were VERY outdated. The sheets are too small for the bed and kept coming off, exposing bare mattress....YUCK. Hotel beds creep me out as is...never mind waking up to find your face is touching exposed mattress. I had big black ants crawl on me several times...another yuck. They charge extra for a mini-fridge...even though this resort has hardly any amenities...for the price I paid it just should have been included. Small room....old rugs. We went down to the beach to use the boats and were told not to swim there on account of "swimmers itch" cause by too many ducks. Ok, there goes the main reason for us staying there. The boat captain that took us out up front mentioned that he takes tips...I thought it tacky. Breakfast was good, but not enough staff and very slow. We waited so long for our meals that a manager came out and offered my son a free fruit cup while we waited....and we then waited 15 minutes for that to come out....lol. I cant comment on the cottages or other facilities...perhaps they are better. The bar was fun, and the staff all friendly....the only good part in my opionin

Room Tip: Try to get another part of the "resort"
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jill J
Naswa, Owner at The Naswa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

We have contacted this guest and thanked her for posting a review on Trip Advisor regarding her recent stay at the Inn at the NASWA Resort. Our guests’ reviews are taken very seriously and used to improve the facilities, amenities and services offered at the NASWA. We are always sorry to learn that a guest's expectations were not met.

It is not my intent to be argumentative or make excuses but wanted to take a moment to address some of the specific comments in this review. Her reservation was made with Expedia. This is our second season working with a company called Leisure Link. Leisure Link administrates our on line bookings with all of the Expedia type booking agents. It has been a challenge for us to work with them and get our rates and procedures to adapt to their system. Rest assured that we are improving these procedures since many of our guests use these type of booking agent services. We do encourage our guests to reserve directly with us at the Resort to insure the best service and rates.

Around the time that she stayed with us we did have a mix up with our linen service which caused some beds to be outfitted with the wrong sized sheets. This issue has been resolved.

We are happy that this guest plans to return to our resort. We are confident her next visit will be a pleasurable one.

In the Spirit of Hospitality,

NASWA

Reviewed 3 July 2013

We stayed in one of the rooms overlooking the lake with a private balcony. I can't say enough how wonderful it was. The room wasn't fancy...but was clean and cozy! We rented a boat for the week which we docked there at the resort...which was great. We loved the beach bar where you can have your feet in the water, listening to great live music and having nice cool drinks! The Blue Bistro was unbelieveably good! Breakfast never disappointed us nor did dinner. But what REALLY put our stay over the top was the service. Whether it was at the NazBar or the front desk or at the Blue Bistro...you were made to feel welcome and like you were the most important guest there...you can't beat that! Everyone congratulated us all week...they left us champagne and a card...and it was so great that we booked an extra night! We're thinking of going back for our anniversary! LOVE LOVE LOVE it there!

~Susan Kennedy

Room Tip: We liked the rooms facing the lake with the private balconies!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Naswa, Owner at The Naswa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

It was our pleasure serving you during your Honeymoon stay at our Resort ! The NASWA is family operated and our guest's satisfaction is our top priority. We look forward to celebrating your future anniversaries with you at the NASWA! When making reservations please remind us that it is your anniversary!

Reviewed 2 July 2013

We stay at the Naswa last month on our Honeymoon and enjoyed it very much. I would highly recommend it and would stay there again. It is an old school type of motel but kept up very well and is very clean. It is family run and everyone is very nice. Beds were super comfortable and I LOVED the shower. Lot's of water pressure. Dinner at the Blue Bistro was very good and our server was very pleasant.

Room Tip: We originally had a "Lake View" room which is across the street. Because it was a slow week they upgraded us to "Lake Front" so we were right on the beach. I would imagine that the Lake View 's have a great view as well because they are up on a hill. They are probably quieter when the outside bar is open as well. But it was very quiet when we stayed.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Naswa, Owner at The Naswa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thanks for spending your honeymoon at the NASWA. We hope the NASWA will become a wedding anniversary tradition! Looking forward to seeing you at the NASWA for your first anniversary. Please be sure to remind us that you are spending your anniversary with us!!

Reviewed 30 June 2013

I hadn't stayed in Laconia since I was a child. For the price I was expecting an ole run down motel like we had stayed in during the 70s down the street a bit. Our room was immaculate! Bed were comfortable. Pillows amazing. Bathroom spotless and the water pressure in the shower fantastic! A great view of the lake. All of the staff were incredibly friendly and very accommodating! The Bistro food was incredible and very reasonably priced. I highly suggest the pasta and chicken dish I had the first night. For breakfast the first morning I had the Caribbean French Toast and it was to die for. I'm not a huge fan of Mimosa but they are complimentary for resort guests. The second morning I had the corned beef hash, again, it was amazing-real corned beef, not some canned version. My son, who ate for free, as I learned children do at the Naswa, had a humongous angus beef burger off the children's menu with french fries. His Shirley Temple and chocolate milk--a proper portion in what looked like an 8oz. glass, was the only thing that seemed small, but we really don't need to be a super size nation. I had a salad at the Nazbar that was just ok. Only because the chicken breast was overcooked. Don't let me forget about the dessert. My son and I shared the Chocolate molten cake--I have never had a better one. We liked it so much, we had it again the second night to celebrate my birthday with. That was another example of stellar service. We arrived back to the Naswa after the M/S. Washington dinner cruise as the Bistro was closing and the staff was kind enough to make this dessert for us. The complimentary use of the paddle boats and Kayaks were fun. I particularly liked the new Heritage Featherlite. It moved through the water very easily. The Naswa is located within walking distance of Weirs beach which was very helpful not having to fret about parking when we went to the shops, arcade and the M/S. Washington. I purchased my cruise tickets right at the Naswa at a discount. Again for the family dinner cruise on Wednesdays kids under 13 are free. I would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Other folks have mentioned their lodging needing updating I felt our room overlooking the water on the second floor was nicely updated. Flatscreen tv etc.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Heatherstrip
Naswa, Owner at The Naswa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review your NASWA experience on Trip Advisor. Many of our guests visit Trip Advisor prior to making a reservation with us and your detailed review will help others when making their travel plans. We have been serving our guests for 78 years. Our staff works hard keeping the facilities clean and continually updating our property. It sounds like you had a marvelous stay taking advantage of many of the amenities the NASWA offers as well as enjoying Weirs Beach and the M/S Mount Washington Cruise ship on Lake Winnipesaukee.

Hope to serve you again in the near future!

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Wonderful place to relax. Nothing fancy but who needs fancy when the location is what counts. Very clean rooms, beds are so comfy, plenty of extra pillows and towels. Restaurant and Naz Bar both with great food and great service so no need to ever leave the resort. Staff very efficient and friendly.
The only thing that would make this perfect would be some umbrellas here and there to shade the chairs at the beach.

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms are best. You can sit on the balcony and be right on the beach at the same time. Just down a flight of stairs and you're at the water's edge.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Naswa, Owner at The Naswa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Thanks for staying with us! Glad you enjoyed our convenient location, our restaurants and our customer service. Our housekeepers do their best to make sure the rooms are very clean, well equipped and stocked. We will certainly pass on your compliments to them.

The summer is just beginning! Hope to serve you again this season!