“fun getaway”
Review of The Naswa Resort

The Naswa Resort
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Laconia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Went for the first weekend of bike week, three of us including our 13 year old son. Rode the bikes in, arrived soaking wet, and 3 hours early. The room was ready, and they let us check in early. Staff made my son fell important and spoiled him a bit, the place has some great people working there. Leatherneck bike clubs were everywhere, making it even more fun. Mattresses leave a bit to be desired, but overall a great stay. Will be back next year.

Room Tip: cabins away from ar are quieter
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Naswa, Owner at The Naswa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Glad you enjoyed Bike Week and all that is offered for this area event and tradition. All of our guests are very special to our staff and it is nice to hear your son enjoyed himself. We have begun replacing our mattresses this season and while we may not get them all replaced this year we hope to have this project completed as quickly as possible.

Looking forward to seeing you again for next year's Bike Week or sooner!

NASWA

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed at the NASWA for 4 nights during Laconia Bike Week and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The rooms overlooking the lake are terrific, the entertainment and food at the beach bar are great and the staff are outstanding. Highly recommend.
Ray Lessard/Rich Marini

• Stayed: June 2014

So very glad to hear you truly enjoyed yourselves this past Motorcycle Week! The weather, the entertainment, the guests and the food and drinks at the NazBar & Grill really made this year's Bike Week unforgettable. Hope to see you next year or sooner!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We decided to have a last minute getaway for the weekend. The Naswa was recommended to us from a friend who stayed there. The location was perfect. We loved that we could eat by the water with our feet in the sand and a beautiful view! The next day we were able to lounge in the chairs by the water. The room was across the street with a balcony and lovely view of the lake. Very clean room. The price was extremely reasonable!

Room Tip: If available, I would get a cabin for families or a room on the water side (not across the street) w...
Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kate04043

Thanks for your review of our Resort. We are glad you enjoyed our convenient location and the beautiful views of Lake Winnipesaukee. It seems as summer has finally arrived. Many of our guests enjoyed lounging on the beach this past week and dining waterside at the NazBar & Grill.

Hope to see you at the NASWA again this season!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The Naswa has been a place for my wife and I to go every Memorial day weekend. We love staying at the Inn across the street. Clean beds, great views, noisy at times but the fresh air makes up for it. I wish they had fridges in every room, that is the only "negative" I could find and that isn't really a negative. For Memorial Day weekend, the price is affordable. Overall a very nice lakeside motel that offers a little bit of everything for everyone.

Room Tip: Inexpensive, Inn across the street but is noisy with cars driving by. Lakeside, Aquavista building...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KSNL
Naswa, Owner at The Naswa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thanks for making Memorial Day Weekend a tradition at the NASWA! Memorial Day Weekend is typically the kick off of summer for us. This year the weather was beautiful and it was nice to see the boats out on the lake and people enjoying themselves especially after such a long cold winter!

Fridges are available in many of our rooms but not all of them. Please be sure to request a fridge on your next visit.

See you next Memorial Day Weekend or sooner!

NASWA

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Wonderful lakeside resort. Starting with the staff, who could not have been more helpful to the best Lobster rolls and coleslaw ever. Our room was bright and comfortable with an amazing view of the lake.
The on-site dining is excellent, whether it's upstairs in the Blue Bistro for a more formal setting or the casual dining outside on the lake. The servers are very friendly and polite and the food is exceptional!
There's lots to do, pedal boats, kayaks for guest use. Lovely sandy beach for relaxing.
I would recommend the Naswa Resort for anyone; family and friends, alike.
The location is perfect with lots of attractions nearby.

Room Tip: Lakeside is beautiful!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pie440

Thank you for reviewing the NASWA Resort on Trip Advisor. This is our 79th season and we are so happy to hear you enjoyed all that is offered! Many of our guests enjoy our Lake Winnie charm and atmosphere. Our staff works very hard to make sure our guests have a wonderful stay. Your praise will be passed along to them.

In the Spirit of Hospitality,

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My family and I have been vacationing at the NASWA Resort for just about 40 years. I have been unhappy over the last few years with the lack of attention paid to the room I stay in and additionally the customer service. Recently, I wrote an email to let them know I would not be coming back this year. And even though this has been a place that I vacationed as a child and now take my daughter, that I simply was unhappy and would be spending this summer vacationing somewhere else. Within a week I received a most surprising and unexpected call from them. I have never received a personal call from any establishment or business with apologies and wanting to make things right. I would like to highlight the positive here in my review! The Makris Family and all of the NASWA staff went out of their way to make me feel like they truly cared about my family and our satisfaction. This also showed me they truly care about their customers and showed me what the NASWA means to them. In a day and age where customer service is non-existent...they receive my high praise! I am happy to say we are heading back in August for a long weekend on them! Thank you again to the Makris Family and the NASWA staff for allowing my family tradition to continue! It means more than you know!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Marianne F
Naswa, Owner at The Naswa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you for sharing both the good and the bad with other Trip Advisor travelers. Authentic reviews are very important and helpful to others when making reservations. Most importantly, thanks for taking the time and initiative to let us know how you feel and giving us the opportunity to correct our mistakes. It is so disappointing to myself and my family, who have owned and operated the NASWA for over 79 years, when a guest's satisfaction and enjoyment are not what was expected! We care about each and every one of our guestsand consider them to be friends in our home. As a family who has worked together for 3 generations we understand the significant importance of family time together and family traditions. We are honored that over the years your family has made the NASWA their family vacation and tradition. We promise to do our very best to make all of your next visits wonderful. We look forward to seeing you this summer! Please do not hesitate to call on me personally when you are at the NASWA.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I reviewed the Naswa over the summer about our stay on July 4th weekend. While my complaints from that stay still hold true, I would like to write a new review for the excellent customer service that occurred after. The management from Naswa went out of their way to contact me to discuss my complaints after seeing my post. They wanted another chance to please us and offered us two free nights in a beach front room. This room was slightly better than the original room we stayed in, and we had no issues with bed sheets or cleanliness. Again, staff were super friendly and accommodating. The kids enjoyed many pirate themed activities including a treasure hunt. The beach was nice and peaceful and we ordered lunch from the restaurant that was delivered right to our spot. I have to give the Naswa accolades for going above and beyond and for making us feel like valued guests. I have never had a company go out of their way to contact me and attempt to make things right. For this, they have my repeat business for next summer for sure!!

Room Tip: Beach front our nice!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jill J
Naswa, Owner at The Naswa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to win back your trust and confidence in our resort and guest services. Our guest comments, both positive and negative, are taken very seriously and used constructively to improve the NASWA experience offered to our guests. We appreciate your updated review and are glad to hear you will be staying with us again in 2014. While we hope your next stay is as pleasurable as the last one, please make us aware of anything which is not to your satisfaction during your stay so that we may correct it while you are here.

Happy New Year!

NASWA Resort

Also consider these accommodations in or near Laconia
The Wolfeboro Inn
#2 of 5 in Weirs Beach
Lazy E Motor Inn
Lazy E Motor Inn
#5 of 5 in Weirs Beach

Been to The Naswa Resort? Share your experiences!