“An Incredible Evening at Tavern 27!”
Review of Tavern 27

Tavern 27
Ranked #1 of 87 Restaurants in Laconia
Price range: US$5 - US$41
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Tavern 27 is an Americana Farm to Table Tapas Restaurant and Piano Bar in Laconia NH that features all-natural, local and organic Deliciousness!! The restaurant is location on 20 acres in a 231 year old house. We maintain our own organic garden and feature many local New Hampshire and New England products on our menu. Our seasonal menu has something to please every palate, everything from steamed vegetables to grilled all natural tenderloin to crispy fried haddock from our dedicated gluten free fryer. We have an extensive Gluten Free and Vegetarian/Vegan menu, a beautiful wine list featuring very unique sustainable/biodynamic selections; our beer list includes mostly New England brews, we have a seasonal drink menu, and specials everyday. Tavern 27 is a MUST stop on your visit to the Lakes Region of NH.
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I picked Tavern 27 for a friend's Birthday Dinner and couldn't have chosen a more wonderful place. Everyone was so warm and welcoming upon our arrival and even during the reservation process. I highly recommend that you make a reservation as the entire restaurant was packed (it's a favorite among locals and visitors alike!) The menu was so extensive and we ordered 8-10 tapas and 2 bottles of wine. Everything was delicious - my favorite dishes were the Garlic Poppers, Tavern French Fries, Chickpea Fries, Duck Confit Rolls and Stuffed Dates. The food is very innovative and delicious. The staff was even more amazing (if that's even possible!) - we spent a good deal of time talking to the owners who told us the sweet history of the place. Our server was incredible and was constantly refilling our water glasses to make sure we were all fully hydrated! The restaurant itself is a gorgeous (think dark and beautiful wood paneling and thoughtful touches and souvenirs all around). Thank you so much for an unforgettable evening at Tavern 27!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Lovely small restaurant with tapas menu. Highly recommended.Often they have live music.The chef and staff are awesome.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We had a wonderful dinner at Tavern 27 this past Sunday night. This was recommended by the owners of the Ballard House Inn and we are so thankful they told us to give it a try. The service was wonderful, the food was outstanding and the piano player made the night perfect. We could have stayed all night listening to him. Definitely give this place a try.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

My husband and I ate here for the first time and it was definitely a great experience all the way around! This is my daughter and her boyfriend's favorite restaurant and they eat here quite a bit. The atmosphere and excellent service goes well with the great food. They have their own specially bottled water that is out of this world... so good that we drank a lot of it! I love the tapas concept and we tried 4 different dishes and each one was delicious. The bonus was that it was "open mic" night and there was a gentleman playing the piano who was very friendly and gracious and we enjoyed listening to him. My hubby joined him on the bongos (hubby is a drummer) and another dinner guest sang and played the piano for a couple of songs as well. The place was very busy the night we went and we were fortunately early enough that we were able to be seated. I recommend reservations!!

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

I truly love this place. Everytime I am up there I HAVE to go to tavern. The tapas are delicious and they accommodate to any size crowd. The chips they serve once you are seated are so good and the dip is actually something I have been trying to make on my own since I first went here. I love the white bean dip the chips comes with! They have a pumpkin one during winter which is good, but the original is the best! My all time favorite is the crab cakes. They are little balls and have a skewer in the top of them and are drizzled with this mustard seed sauce- heaven. We have probably tried just about everything on the menu because we go a lot. The T-27 sauce is spicy and delicious on shrimp (cloud 9 shrimp) or chicken skewers. We also like the tavern French fries, which is a mix of sweet potato and regular potatoes with a regular ketchup and a chipotle ketchup. The chipotle is very good! The how sweet it is pizza sounds weird but once you eat it you'll thank me for telling you that it is worth trying!! This is a place you can't go wrong! Their cosmos are my go-to drink...always done right!

Been to Tavern 27? Share your experiences!