“great tapas menu”

Price range: US$5 - US$41
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Tavern 27 is an Americana Farm to Table Tapas Restaurant and Piano Bar in Laconia NH that features all-natural, local and organic Deliciousness!! The restaurant is location on 20 acres in a 231 year old house. We maintain our own organic garden and feature many local New Hampshire and New England products on our menu. Our seasonal menu has something to please every palate, everything from steamed vegetables to grilled all natural tenderloin to crispy fried haddock from our dedicated gluten free fryer. We have an extensive Gluten Free and Vegetarian/Vegan menu, a beautiful wine list featuring very unique sustainable/biodynamic selections; our beer list includes mostly New England brews, we have a seasonal drink menu, and specials everyday. Tavern 27 is a MUST stop on your visit to the Lakes Region of NH.
Montreal
“great tapas menu”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We had no reservations but probably better to make some . After 10 minutes wait we got a table and from then on the fun started. The owner loves to share how he started off this restaurant and the 9 hole par three golf course that he bought. The food was great and don't skip the apple dessert he learned to make with his grand ma. worth a visit

Visited July 2014

Gilford, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous night out”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have been to Tavern 27 several times and it's always been a great experience. It's not the place to go if you want to just get fed. It's the place to go when you aren't rushed and want to enjoy the company of who you are with, and enjoy a variety of great food. I went with my best girlfriend Sunday night for her birthday and even though they were busy and we didn't have a reservation the owner gave us the option of sitting at the couch with a coffee table. We were fine with that and enjoyed being in the middle of it all. The food and service were excellent and the owner surpassed any expectation I had for a great night. In the middle of turning people away because he was so busy he brought my friend dessert with a candle, even though I had only mentioned it in passing when we arrived that it was her birthday. He is an owner who truly cares about his customers and I look forward to going back again soon.

1 Thank 8lauriec
White Plains, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We just had dinner at Tavern 27. What a wonderful experience. The owner Ray made us feel so welcome as did the staff and our waiter/ bartender Charlie. The whole idea of having a Tapas meal is that you can take time to enjoy each dish, and not have to rush through a meal. The food was excellent. We would recommend this restaurant. We are from NY, so we know when we find a keeper....and this restaurant is definitely one to keep.

Bob and Rochelle
White Plains, NY

1 Thank Rochelle L
Laconia, New Hampshire
“won't go back”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I have had the opportunity to go to this restaurant several times and sadly have been unhappy with my experience each time.
The first time it was the fact that everything we ordered came out so slowly. I did stay hungry because I had metabolized one dish by the time the next one came. The food was just ok. The next time we stopped in to listen to the piano player who was excellent. We expressed that to the owner and then we were put way off in a corner where we could neither see and barely hear the player. Today I stopped in not to eat but to play their par 3 golf course. I was the only one on the course so I was hitting more than one ball. The owner came out and told me the $9 I paid was only for one ball. On all the golf courses I have played no one has ever said that to me.
The horse flies were biting quite severely so maybe he was doing me a favor. I wonder why I was the only one playing? Just to note I am someone who rarely complains and I have never written a negative review before.

5 Thank paul f
eat_tapas, Owner at Tavern 27, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
In response to your experience on the golf course, standard golf etiquette dictates that a green fee represents each golfer playing a round of golf on the course with only one ball (see USGA Rule 15-1). The green fee is not to use the course as a practice range, that is what driving ranges are for. Practicing on the golf course is not permitted unless you are participating in a playing lesson with the Golf Pro. I encourage you to call 100 golf courses and ask if you can go hit endless amount of balls onto one of their greens on the course.
Golf etiquette also dictates that ball marks are repaired and divots are replaced. What mostly concerned me was witnessing you taking a full swing off of the green with a club other than your putter, which can do damage to the greens and is timely and costly to repair. I informed you of the policy on the next tee box when it was apparent that you had no intention of repairing all of the ball marks you had made on the green. When ball marks are immediately repaired on a green it only takes about 2 hours for the grass to recover, otherwise it is about 2 weeks. Knowledge of golf etiquette is to ensure the enjoyment of the game for everyone.

In response to our service and food, we are a tapas restaurant, by design the food is meant to come out one at a time, so that you may savor your food and enjoy your company and the dining experience as a whole, not to be rushed. We are not a fast food dining establishment, all of our food is made in house to order.
Gardner, Massachusetts
“Mixed Emotions”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Overall we enjoyed our experience at Tavern 27 but it's probably not a place we would frequent often. I'm still not sure what the "tapas" experience was supposed to be (I'm sure it's a shortcoming on my part) but it left me a little befuddled.

I ordered the haddock nugget tapas and the fish & dipping sauce were spicy and tasty. But....all there was was fish and sauce. Luckily my wife had ordered the "I'll have steak" so I was able to mooch her fries and veggies.

The homemade lemonade was superb and the PI water was good. Our hostess and server were pleasant and attentive.

It's probably a better experience in a group but it just wasn't our style as a pair of tourists. I'm glad we tried it.

• Visited June 2014