“Love your restaurant, but your smoky salsa is just not a fave.”
Review of Cactus Jack's

Cactus Jack's
Ranked #11 of 86 Restaurants in Laconia
Cuisines: Southwestern, Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Following the success of T-BONES, the first Cactus Jack's opened in 1995 in Manchester. In 2007, the Laconia location became New Hampshire's first dual casual dining concept - with both Cactus Jack's and T-BONES - on Lake Winnipesaukee. While it keeps up the tradition of "homemade" dishes, the look and menu at CJ's has its own style. Attentive servers are always ready to serve guests authentic Southwestern, Tex-Mex, Cajun, and barbecue dishes that are unmatched in New Hampshire.
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This restaurant, part of the CJ's and T-Bones restaurant chain, has been consistently good in my husband and my opinions, but their latest salsa is not my fave. It is a smoky salsa. I didn't realize that I had a choice because it was never offered to me. Only once I made a comment to one of the bartenders, did I receive an explanation that "original" salsa was still available. And even after the explanation, our personal bartender, Heather, didn't offer us the opportunity to receive some original salsa. The other bartender, Jen? Jess?, took it upon herself to bring us some original salsa, for which we are truly grateful. Thank you :-)

There are newer reviews for Cactus Jack's

Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

My girlfriends and I went out for Thursday night for a birthday and batchelorette celebration. The place was hardly full and as group of servers we thought the tolerance of the manager was miserably low. What could have been a fun filled night for returning customers for years to come, it ended up being short after the manager curtly over and told us to be quiet. With that aside the service was good and the food was mediocre at best. Dining here is an ok experience since I have dined there once before, but this is clearly not a place to go for a good time which is troublesome since its a beach vacation area.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Food was decent, slow in coming, very slow in coming but we weren't in too much of a hurry. People were pleasant but our waitress disappeared to hang out with some cyclists for an extended period of time.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

I have been to this restaurant several times and love it. The food is great and the service is always top notch. The drinks are always delicious. The only issue I am having with this restaurant is the price seems to be going up and up all of the time. They do have specials but the prices of the specials also keep going up. You can sit outside on the deck and overlook the lake which is great on a beautiful day. They always do have original menu items.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We arrived at Cactus Jacks and i told a waitress i had rang earlier for a table, they don't take reservations but take your name so you are not waiting long. We stood there for about 5 to 10 minutes and nobody showed us to a seat just kept passing us by.
We eventually sat down at a table ourselves and when the waitress came over to us she was not a bit friendly, we are from Ireland and obviously our accents are different but the way the waitress looked at us when we spoke, you would think we were form MARS.I did not like the food at all. we were in USA for 17 days and i feel that this was the worst meal we had eaten for our whole stay.My whole family left so much on our plates and we were not asked how was our food , i felt like we were more of a hindrance than paying customers . When the waitress was clearing waway the plates from the table she dropped a plate into my lap then onto the floor, i picked it up for her and got a very quiet thanks. Other friends in our company found their food ok but i would never return to it again or would i recommend others to go

Been to Cactus Jack's? Share your experiences!