“Still has great food!”

China Bistro
Ranked #64 of 86 Restaurants in Laconia
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Previously known as the Oriental Garden, this restaurant is in the Winnepesaukee Lake region of New Hampshire and is has won awards as one of the best Chinese restaurants in the country. I recently had a great experience and would like to write a review. Thank you.
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I lived in the Lakes region when I was younger and moved away after college. Me and a few buddies decided to come up and I noticed the name of restaurant changes from Oriental Gardens to China Bistro so my friends and I wanted to check it out. They really cleaned up in there. Nice decor and even the bathrooms were clean (if you saw them before, you would know what I mean). One big change was there was no more buffet. Waitress said they havent had a buffet for many years. We ordered a pu pu platter for four and some other dishes. Food was tasty and filling. We had so much leftovers! Overall, it was a good experience and definately will come back again when I visit the area.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Now I know why there are never many cars in the parking lot. This is the worst place in the world for Chinese food. Buffet bar is not the least bit eye appealing. Food that should be hot is cold, food that should be cold is hot. Also ordered off the the menu and nothing was edible. Place is also dirty and dusty. I would never go there again.

1  Thank PeaceChick
ChinaBistroNH, Owner at China Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

We regret that you did not have a wonderful experience at a restaurant in Laconia, NH.
We however have NEVER offered a BUFFET at China Bistro, we make all of our dishes fresh to order.
As you may have had an unpleasant experience at a local buffet place we invite you to enjoy a meal with us at China Bistro next time whenand I assure you it will be wonderful, fresh and made to order as all of our dishes are for over 30 years.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

I have been coming to this place since the eighties. The same owner since 1984 - Imagine fresh made food - nothing from steam trays. I just love their Crab Rangoon and YoungChow fried rice.
I suggest you try their General guo’s chicken and spring rolls. GOTTA HAVE THEM!
A favorite of my Husband is the Walnut Shrimp, the Savory sesame beef...oh and their Wonton Soup is the best. Great portions. They are also doing a huge take out business. I have them on my speed dial and a couple of copies of their menu in my car and at work.
This is still family owned and sometimes you even get a ringside seat to the family drama.

1  Thank NancyAJ2013
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was on a weekend trip with my husband and went to get chinese at China Bistro. First- there was only a couple of cars in the parking lot, which I didnt think much at first since it was only 4pm. Go side, and its all dark and dingy. Ours drinks took 25mins and the food looked great....three bites in, i ran to the bathroom and threw it all up! I've never had this happen, since i eat all kinds of food. It was basically rubber junk! I always try to see the bright side in every situation. Although, China Bistro had now up side....dont waste your time or money, venture in town a little and there is way more of a selection!

2  Thank jcrawley04
Reviewed 26 September 2013

been there a few times and its been a bad scene its across from the big lake and margate resort lousy service bad food but we tried it a few times with us and family i am not the kind of perso who tries it once and bad mouths it but in this case YES i am 71 my wife is going to be 70 oct 2 we are semi retired and bounce around a lot wer have traveled a lt so we do have opinions the best vacation we ever took was and alaska cruise out of vancouver inside passage /juno/skadway/ketchakan