“Must see”
Review of Kellerhaus

Kellerhaus
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Laconia
Description: Located in the Weirs Beach area of Laconia, NH, we offer homemade ice cream and homemade chocolates using family recipes since 1906. We also sell candy by the pound at prices that are hard to beat.
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is a must visit each time we are in the area. Great ice cream followed by the unique gift shop and homemade candies. A nice break from the heat.

1  Thank Rich C

Reviewed 27 July 2014

full of little rooms that have a lot of unique items. Many kids items, ice cream and candy. Great place to go for icecream and just to hang out.

2  Thank jmf528
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This institution has a sundae bar where you can go to town and create the wackiest dessert you can think of.

The gift shop is fantastic and they make all of their iconic candy and chocolate in-house to ship around the world.

1  Thank ThePackedBag
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I use to go to this place 30-35 years ago when my family vacationed in the area. This place has not changed it is terrific. This place is so charming and nostalgic (for me). The have home made ice cream in several flavors an awesome ice cream sundae bar, where you make you own ice cream. After a long day at Weirs Beach, nothing better than hitting the Kellerhaus after. This is only an ice cream place. I was so happy to this place still in business and still great quality ice cream.

1  Thank WBSobe
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We visited Kellerhaus this week. It is the 5th time going here for the last 3 yrs on vacation. My 9 yr old granddaughter got an ice ream cone. She started to take a lick and the whole thing fell out on floor. We went back to the young fellow who obviously did not put it on securely. He said it was store policy not to replace and that was that so my granddaughter had to throw the whole thing away. Their ice cream is expensive and needless to say she was upset. The management hires foreign students for the summer and maybe they need some extra training. The girl at the check out was confused over making change. The ice cream is okay..not very rich. The make your own sundae is not an easy task because they don't give you enough room in container to put any of the toppings so one can really make a mess. The only plus is the nice old time player piano and all the interesting gifts they have. I tried a piece of their chocolate but was not impressed...could have been the choice I made.They did have a Wednesday special $1.00 a cone..did not see it advertised anywhere at their place but saw it in a booklet

1  Thank abaconian

Been to Kellerhaus? Share your experiences!