“Chinese Restaurant in Laconia Giving Great Service and Good Value”
Review of Shang Hai

Shang Hai
Ranked #28 of 86 Restaurants in Laconia
Cuisines: Chinese
Bemont, New Hampshire, United States
“Chinese Restaurant in Laconia Giving Great Service and Good Value”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The Shang Hai restaurant (http://www.shanghainh.com/) is located on Route 106 in downtown Laconia, New Hampshire. (603) 524-4100 (603) 528-8088

My husband and I went for lunch at Shang Hai for the first time last week and we are definitely going to be back!

I have lived in this area for the past 25 years and I am not sure why we haven't discovered this place before, but it is on a busy main street, so I think people tend to drive right by.

We had the All You Can Eat Lunch Buffet for $7.75 each. Everything was fresh, including the Sushi (my favorite).

"Ann", the hostess and Owner explained to us that everything is cooked fresh every day, and small portions are cooked to keep the buffet hot and steaming. I can say that I did see the buffet steaming several times in the hour that we were there.

I didn't check, but I believe Shang Hai is alcohol free.

We have been to Hong Kong Buffet, Green Ginger and now, Shang Hai. Of the three, we would have to say that the quality of the food here for the price we paid was a very good value. We will be back.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Fran S

Hopedale, Massachusetts
“Come hungry, leave full”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

My wife and I decided to try Shang Hai for the buffet. Shang Hai is a typical older Chinese Restaurant, not fancy, a little dated, but okay.

The buffet was excellent. A huge variety of food (including sushi and desserts). The food was very good, just what I hoped for.

The servers were very cordial and the price was only $12.

Again, not fancy, but filling. We will be back.

• Visited September 2013
Easthampton, Massachusetts
“Filling Buffett”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

For all the food you can eat and dessert the price was not bad for four people. They had a variety of food to select from not just chinese food. The service was quick and friendly.

• Visited July 2013
South Hadley, Massachusetts
“Good buffet”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I don't agree with some of the previous reviews on this place. I actually liked the buffet. There was a good selection of food and it all tasted pretty good. The restaurant was clean and the staff was friendly

• Visited July 2013
New hampshire
“Horrible”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Disgusting buffet. This place was recommended by a friend and the ratings were good here but what we found was very bad food. Definitely no healthy options on buffet.