“Wolfeboro Visit”

C J Avery's
Ranked #61 of 86 Restaurants in Laconia
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Well worth the ride over. Food quality was excellent. Prime Rib cooked to perfection. Service was good and the server was pleasant. By far one of the best restaurants in the area. Rates up there with the Woodshed.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Love the prime rib, the fish, chick parm., and the friendly atmosphere. having a family birthday party in one of their small dining rooms. They'll take care of everything, including the cake.

Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

First off, upon entering there was a foul odor around the entry way that was not at all appeasing.
We were seated in a dark gloomy corner. Decor wasn't the best but we were there to eat not look at pretty decorated walls!
We ordered drinks, which we watched the owner himself make and then that sat at the end of the bar for ten minutes. When I got my drink (a Pearl Harbor) it tasted like watered down pinapple juice, no alcohol what so ever.
My friend ordered wings which came out wrong. His wife had a salad which was WAY overloaded with dressing.
Main course was fair, I've had better at fast food joints. Won't be back ever! Too bad because this was my first visit after hearing rave reviews.

1  Thank Dave6397
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Used to go there regularly but the absolutely horrible attitude of the staff and ridiculously slow service did us in. Owners don't care if you are unhappy or not. We voted with our feet and won't go back. Prime rib was their best dish and it was good.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Let me start by saying that my wife and I are foodies and have lived in the Lakes Region for almost 35 years. Good restaurants that serve GOOD food have always been a problem in the area. This is a casual place that has many large screen TV'S and a great bar with outstanding drinks. While this might not have the build outs of other upscale restaurants in the area, the fact that Chip Avery uses USDA beef is second to none. You cannot go wrong here with the prime rib but the onion soup, ceasar salad and rib eye steaks are just a good. When it comes right down to it, the food quality is what counts and you always get a fantastic meal at a reasonable price here. We drive 47 minutes one way to eat here, although there are many places within a 10 minute drive from our house. Been there 100 times, always go back, never a bad meal. If you like college sports, especially college football on Saturday evening, no better place to be.

Been to C J Avery's? Share your experiences!