“Never go back bad”

Cuisines: Mexican
NH
“Never go back bad”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I used to frequent this place When I lived in Laconia. They had good food and drinks. Can't imagine what happened. Low quality and high price. They're even charging for salsa and chips. The greeting was "would you like some salsa and chips for a dollar"? The chips were big but tasteless. Salsa tasted like it was straight from the supermarket. I got the steak grande. Poorest excuse to date for Mexican food. One burrito, one chicken chimi and 3 house margaritas $55.50 They've seen the last of me.

• Visited August 2014

Raymond, New Hampshire
“Shabby”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Upon walking in you are greeted with a shabby interior. There were flies everywhere! The light in the ladies room wasn't working so we had to use the men's room. After sitting down and placing our order, 20 minutes later the manager came out to explain that the kitchen was closed. She was very apologetic and gave us a gift certificate for our trouble. I've heard the food is good here but I won't be back because of all the flies. It makes me wonder how clean the place is.

Visited July 2014
Reading
“food was not good”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

the food came out cold they were getting ready to close and ran out of what we wanted to order. looked like a locals bar very busy on the bar side. Noone was on the restaurant side so that should have been a give away to the quality of the food.

Visited July 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not bad, but not great .”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We were here for dinner last night. Being that it is Laconia's Bike Week Rally, we were seated fairly quickly, waited on quickly, our server was good, the drinks were good, but we ordered a plate of nachos, they come nacho chips and melted cheese, period. If you want add ons, you need to order them and they are priced separately . That did not leave us a good impression, However, the place is very centrally located in the area of Bike Week, so we found it to our satisfaction. Hubby and I will often stop here for a cold beverage, over summer months. But we don't often order the food. The place is getting old, their carpet needs to be clean or just simply replaced!

• Visited June 2014
Gilford, New Hampshire
“The Gringo is a little crazy”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This is a restaurant that I have been frequenting for 20 years, through it's name changes and management. I was excited when The Crazy Gringo opened up. The food was consistent and you get it hot and just the way you order it with enough for lunch the next day. The margarita's NEVER disappoint.

However, the prices have increased . . . $79. including tip for a dinner for two and 4 margaritas, oh and that includes the $1.00 for the lousy chips and bland salsa. What Mexican restaurant charges for poorly made chips and flavorless salsa. Just last year I could order the same thing for $20 less. Harsh yes, and I should have taken my own advice the last time where I stated, "this is the last time". I think I mean it now. Though I'll probably pop in via boat for a margarita now and again during bike week.

Sorry and unfortunately, but I believe the owner is not investing in his business as he should as the decor is still drab, though improved over the years I think he is focusing on his bar business and less on the restaurant portion.

• Visited March 2014