“Keeps getting better!”

Ranked #3 of 87 Restaurants in Laconia
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Local Eatery features a year-round menu using as much local food as Chef Kevin Hallifan can find. Even through the winter produce will be preserved from summer surplus or greenhouse grown by special arrangement with local farmers.
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We discovered this gem this year and it quickly has become our favorite spot for when we travel visit our vacation home at the lake. The area was in need of palace like this as the food is so unique and one of a kind dishes. They serve as much local products as they can and the open kitchen adds a nice ambiance to the setting as you see the different dishes being delivered to other tables.

The menu changes often so it is typical to always have new surpries to try. Great staff and outstanding service with specialty drinks has made this the place for us to go without a second thought.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We have tried Local a couple times over the past few months and are always impressed. The staff is warm and welcoming. The place is very small so reservations are a must. Food is fresh and all locally sourced which is great for the community. Menu changes weekly and offers a wonderful variety for all tastes. Kevin has done an amazing job bringing a top notch establishment to downtown Laconia.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I've been to this restaurant two times now and have learned that the best time to go is on a Tuesday or Wednesday from 4-6 PM. I have not been disappointed in the food I ordered, mostly locally grown, but I consider this restaurant a bit pricey for my wallet. Three appetizers and three drinks came to $73 on my last visit with a friend. The previous visit came in at half that price so I asked about the Happy Hour. Turns out that they offer this special only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. My favorite appetizer was the sesame crusted tuna, but my friend has a special request for the oyster mushroom every time she goes, which is not always offered. So don't be afraid to ask for your favorite, even if you don't see it on the menu.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

OK, maybe this is the best in Laconia but if so the competition must be terrible. The meal was consistently below expectations. Brisket was tough, gnocchi was cold and pork overlooked, stir fry was over salted, wilted lettuce in the salad, cobbler desert was cold, coffee was half strength, service was friendly but not very knowledgable and di ot know how to run the coffee mqchine. May be they had an off night but this is the worse review I have given a restaurant in a long time.

2  Thank Peter V
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I grew up in Laconia, and have come back every year for the last 20 years. There have been many restaurants that have come and gone in the area, but none like this.

The Local Eatery is the best meal I've had in town in at least 10 years. I go to O every year, and it's good, but not this good. Locally grown ingredients add a HUGE kick to the menu. Every dish bursts with the just the right flavor and subtle accents. The menu in itself makes your mouth water.

I currently live in Naples, FL where fine dining is king, and I would put Local Eatery up against any of them. The only difference is that they don't have their nose in the air.

If you want a great meal, and a fun atmosphere (they are located in the old train station downtown) this is the number one ticket in town, bar none.

Enjoy!