“Delicious and Local!”

Ranked #3 of 87 Restaurants in Laconia
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Local Eatery features a year-round menu using as much local food as Chef Kevin Hallifan can find. Even through the winter produce will be preserved from summer surplus or greenhouse grown by special arrangement with local farmers.
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My friend and I split 2 different meals and a salad. The beef and the scallops were soooo tasty. The risotto was, as well. My favorite was the oyster mushrooms in a Marsala sauce. The spinach salad with onions, cranberries and cucumbers was also delicious. Just ask... the Chef/Owner will proudly tell you where his ingredients were sourced.
Oh, and the selection of local beers was small, but very nice. Not at all "the same old." I enjoyed a Stowaway IPA from Baxter Brewing Co, in Lewiston, ME.
My friend enjoyed a cocktail made from NH made spirits, and locally-grown fruit.

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

I am not a big seafood person and their menu contains a lot of seafood so I kept putting it off. I am very happy I ended up going. We had to wait about 30 minutes and because it's so small, we were waiting right in front of the door/hostess. We were able to get a drink while we waited which was nice. I had a salad with goat cheese and arugula and beets which was very tasty. For dinner I got the shrimp with rice and the shrimp was delicious! It was perfectly seasoned and cooked. Their Cosmo was a bit different, but very good. Definitely worth going!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Has per my previous revue I find this to be a somewhat average restaurant. The owner has met the challenge of getting locals to eat his food by heavy discounts on food and booze week nights. I guessing many of the favorable reviews are from diners who come it for the discounts as the wife and I have done several times.

This review is based on a weekend visit that had us paying full boat for a not so good experience. We went with out of town quests because we were unable to get a table at our other two choices. Our experience went into an immediate nose drive from the moment we got out of our car. We were parked across the train tracks and as we walked towards the rear entrance we noticed several kitchen employees huddled around the kitchen door smoking. This is always a turn off to us. Once inside we were greeted by a young waitress who fumble around with indecision as to where to sit us. This made no seance because the place was empty. The waitress later demonstrated her knowledge base by responding to my inquiry about single malts with a recommendation of Jim Bean.

We were sat with a view of the open kitchen and witnessed the return of the staff from their smoke brake. We did not see them wash their hands before returning to work.
The food was pretty much on par with previous visits. Too much salt. The swordfish was way over cooked and a bit fishy or ripe tasting. This restaurant is a much better experience when discounted.

3  Thank Winni_Boater
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This is a place where "ordinary" cannot be found. The entrées are different & unusual, as well as delicious! Mostly locally-sourced menu items help support area farms. The changing menu makes every visit a new experience. The staff is great too. It's always a favorite destination!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

If you're looking for a really outstanding dinner, then head to the Laconia Local Eatery. It is small, so make a reservation. We have eaten there 6 or 7 times and have never been disappointed. It is in an unlikely location - the old bus station - but is easily one of the best restaurants in the area.