“Laid Back Biker Bar with Crazy Shots List”
Review of The Looney Bin

The Looney Bin
Ranked #18 of 86 Restaurants in Laconia
Glen Oaks, New York
“Laid Back Biker Bar with Crazy Shots List”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Just so you know, I am not a biker. I want to learn, I would love to ride, but I don't. So why would i be hanging out in a biker bar? Because The Looney Bin is conveniently located directly across the street from Fun Spot (where i play video games) and only a few minutes away from Weirs Beach. Also the staff are always friendly, the other patrons won't give you a hard time if you're not a biker (and believe me I was a little intimidated at first, but once inside it's a real friendly atmosphere), and they have a specialty shot list that you have to see to believe (the closest thing I've seen that matches is an actual shots bar here in NYC). The inside of the bar is a little small, but they have a great outdoor/patio/deck in the back where they have live bands play (great classic rock n roll). They do serve food but I've honestly never eaten there (just drinks). They have the standard American beers on tap as well as a few extra specialty beers and a fully stocked bar. I always go there when i visit NH and I always have a good time. Also, if memory serves me, they have a Halloween Costume Party the 3rd weekend in July, with live music; always a blast!

Visited July 2014

Belmont, New Hampshire
“country fun”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

small bar/pub across from fun spot weirs beach,nh family fun arcade/bowling spot but the loony bin is unique small but fun has some outsid seating /seasonal good parking best burgers in the lakes region a lot of history

• Visited May 2014
Methuen, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cold and hungry traveler”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Good food great waitress. Our waitress was very good. She took our order served us and came back a few times to check if we were all set. She was working alone with a full bar. I don't know how she did it , but it seemed natural. Food was hot and tasty.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Bbbbbmorrrr
Ashland, New Hampshire, United States
“Warm Beer, Lousy Food, Good Time”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

"Warm Beer, Lousy Food, Good Time" reads the sign over the front door. Best wings in the lakes region. Thursday is $0.40 wing night, they have a great selection of flavors. Large shooters menu, though I mostly stick to the beer. Staff is friendly and quick. Bike parking right out front. The walls are covered with funny stuff, always a good time. We're there every Thursday.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Zac S
New Hampshire
“Need to work on their customer service skills”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I've been meaning to write this review for a while but am just now getting to it. I wish I could say how the place was but unfortunately I wasn't given the chance. My wife and I had taken some of our employees out one night back in late summer or early fall, I don't remember the exact date. We decided to give the Looney Bin a try. As 3 of us walked up into the restaurant the bartender (who I found out later from someone else is the owner) looked at us and said to my wife and our employee, I can serve you both but I can't serve him. When I said excuse me she said "you are side-stepping, you are obviously intoxicated." That was news to me as I hadn't had a drink that night to that point. I do have an old hip injury however that causes me some time to favor it and walk with a little bit of a limp. I can only assume this is what she meant. However this is not very good business on her point. Why not ask me some questions? Start a conversation? See how my speech is? To simply call me out in front of the rest of the bar and declare that I am drunk and can't be served was uncalled for and it was embarrassing. I own a very successful business in this community, I employ over 80 employees, I have never been intoxicated to the point that I should be "cut off." Obviously I found this inappropriate and embarrassing, not wanting to have a confrontation with the bartender we simply turned around and left. We called the other members of our party who were on the way to meet us and we went to another local establishment and had a great night.

Advice to the owner: before you just judge someone as being to drunk to serve try talking to them a little bit and not just assuming the worst and being rude about it, at the very least you could have been more discrete about it you, it was uncalled for to announce it for every other patron in the vicinity to hear.

• Visited September 2013