“Skip this restaurant!”

Friendly's
Ranked #6 of 6 Dessert in Laconia
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

My husband & I are on an 8 day vacation through New England. This was by far the worst restaurant we stopped at. We were looking for an inexpensive meal but after our experience, I would've paid triple the price for better food & service. The restaurant wasn't clean (floor, tables or chairs), the waitress we had was so incredibly slow & disinterested in serving us. As we checked out with our bill, 2 employees were griping about something and another was visiting with her boyfriend near the counter. They were unprofessional. I was disappointed in the service.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

My husband and I live Friendly's supermelts but in our home town the restaurant is so slow and disorganized we rarely go. We were apprehensive about stopping here but we thought we would give it a try. We were professionally seated and served and finished within 40 minutes. The food was good and hot and made exactly as we requested. Our hats off to you......now if you could only come to NYS!

Reviewed 17 August 2013

I've noticed that several local Friendly's franchises have gone downhill. Our family stopped going do to cleanliness, service, and quality issues (in that order).
I brought my family to this place reluctantly - but we were HUNGRY!
What a very pleasant surprise!
GREAT food! Excellent service! Very clean and good value.
The manager made a point of stopping by every table to make sure everyone was happy - a very good sign. He clearly cares about doing his job right - and so do his employees!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Decided to have lunch here on a whim. Ordered the hamburger you create yourself. It was delicious! The waitresses here are nice and seasoned professionals, not the summer kid help we are subjected to in other restaurants. My server, Cindi, was excellent. She was prompt, attentive, helpful & very nice. While I waited for my food to arrive the manager stopped by my table to see how everything was so far.
The burger was delicious & the service was outstanding throughout. I'll definately be back numerous times!,

Reviewed 18 December 2012

The food is good, but not for the price, the location is good. It used to be that friendly's was a good place to go for a sit down experience without the high prices of other chains. The prices aren't that good any more. And the service is always slow, very very slow. Waiters are always pleasant, but it takes forever!! I've experienced this in more than one Friendlies location. Enough that I don't go there anymore. And don't get me started on incorrect orders. It takes forever, then they bring the food and somethings wrong. They forgot to add something, or remove something. Or a particular menu item is missing a topping. They do have good ice cream and visiting the window in the summer is good. So overall, it's a fine place to eat if you have the time. But if there is another restaurant around, go there.