“Friendly's same old Friendly's”
Review of Friendly's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Friendly's
Ranked #7 of 7 Dessert in Laconia
Cuisines: American
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Friendly's same old Friendly's”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I am from the hometown of Friendly's and hardly ever eat there. Look for a place to eat in Laconia did not find much so I went to Friendly's. Same lousy service with average food and I waited 5 minutes at the register too pay my bill. I think I finally learned my lesson. No more Friendly's

• Visited July 2014

Senoia, Georgia, United States
“So good we ate twice.”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We don't normally eat at chain restaurants while we are traveling, but because it was a Sunday evening and was getting late, we decided to eat at the Laconia Friendly's because it was open and didn't look to be crowded. We weren't expecting much, to be honest. What a surprise! My former experience with Friendly's was that it was no different from Denny's, Shoney's, or the late Howard Johnson's restaurants. This location seemed to have its act together, and it was so good that we went back another evening while we were in the area...this time because everyone in the family said that was where they wanted to go! Our server from the first visit, Emily, saw us and even came over and said "you came back!" I can't say enough about how Emily made our first - and second - visit memorable! She totally handled the old grouch in our group and even made him grin a couple of times.

The new chicken-bacon-chipotle melt that I ordered was one of the best things I had to eat in two weeks. That one's a keeper.

• Visited June 2014
Goldsboro, North Carolina
“Skip this restaurant!”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

My husband & I are on an 8 day vacation through New England. This was by far the worst restaurant we stopped at. We were looking for an inexpensive meal but after our experience, I would've paid triple the price for better food & service. The restaurant wasn't clean (floor, tables or chairs), the waitress we had was so incredibly slow & disinterested in serving us. As we checked out with our bill, 2 employees were griping about something and another was visiting with her boyfriend near the counter. They were unprofessional. I was disappointed in the service.

• Visited October 2013
Johnstown, New York
“A nice surprise”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My husband and I live Friendly's supermelts but in our home town the restaurant is so slow and disorganized we rarely go. We were apprehensive about stopping here but we thought we would give it a try. We were professionally seated and served and finished within 40 minutes. The food was good and hot and made exactly as we requested. Our hats off to you......now if you could only come to NYS!

• Visited September 2013
Bedford, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprise! A clean restaurant with delicious food!”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I've noticed that several local Friendly's franchises have gone downhill. Our family stopped going do to cleanliness, service, and quality issues (in that order).
I brought my family to this place reluctantly - but we were HUNGRY!
What a very pleasant surprise!
GREAT food! Excellent service! Very clean and good value.
The manager made a point of stopping by every table to make sure everyone was happy - a very good sign. He clearly cares about doing his job right - and so do his employees!

• Visited August 2013