“Not so Friendly”

Friendly's
Ranked #6 of 6 Dessert in Laconia
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I use to go here for long time and had the traditional friendly service however because of today I will never ever go to a friendly's and will tell my friends, family and followers not to do so. My family and I went to friendly's for lunch. When we ordered our drinks I asked for water (nothing special). When our drinks came my water had a funny taste I went to look and there was dish detergent on the inside of my cup. As it was the restaurant kind it was very strong and gave me a bit of a sour stomach. Beside us in the other both was the manager of the friendly's children and husband. The waitress allocated so much time and attention to them and never bothered with us. She played, carried, and sat with the manager's family right across from us. Upon receiving our meals the waitress carried the manager's child with our food. Thus resulting in hair in my sisters food that was the same color as the kids. Her food was also cooked improperly as it made her sick. My Mom's salad had lettuce that was brown and black. My food was dry, and was cooked incorrectly and made me sick. While waiting in line to puke in the bathroom with my sister. My mom went to explain the situation. The woman there told us it was the managers children and that she was not going to comp our food despite the fact that other than me (worst decision ever to eat some of my food) no one ate the food and were currently waiting in line to throw up. So after paying we went to another store to puke, I have been unable to eat since (as it happened today) and my stomach feels awful. Needless to say this was one of the worst experiences at a restaurant. A little friendly advice don't go to friendly's.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I am from the hometown of Friendly's and hardly ever eat there. Look for a place to eat in Laconia did not find much so I went to Friendly's. Same lousy service with average food and I waited 5 minutes at the register too pay my bill. I think I finally learned my lesson. No more Friendly's

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We don't normally eat at chain restaurants while we are traveling, but because it was a Sunday evening and was getting late, we decided to eat at the Laconia Friendly's because it was open and didn't look to be crowded. We weren't expecting much, to be honest. What a surprise! My former experience with Friendly's was that it was no different from Denny's, Shoney's, or the late Howard Johnson's restaurants. This location seemed to have its act together, and it was so good that we went back another evening while we were in the area...this time because everyone in the family said that was where they wanted to go! Our server from the first visit, Emily, saw us and even came over and said "you came back!" I can't say enough about how Emily made our first - and second - visit memorable! She totally handled the old grouch in our group and even made him grin a couple of times.

The new chicken-bacon-chipotle melt that I ordered was one of the best things I had to eat in two weeks. That one's a keeper.

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

My husband & I are on an 8 day vacation through New England. This was by far the worst restaurant we stopped at. We were looking for an inexpensive meal but after our experience, I would've paid triple the price for better food & service. The restaurant wasn't clean (floor, tables or chairs), the waitress we had was so incredibly slow & disinterested in serving us. As we checked out with our bill, 2 employees were griping about something and another was visiting with her boyfriend near the counter. They were unprofessional. I was disappointed in the service.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

My husband and I live Friendly's supermelts but in our home town the restaurant is so slow and disorganized we rarely go. We were apprehensive about stopping here but we thought we would give it a try. We were professionally seated and served and finished within 40 minutes. The food was good and hot and made exactly as we requested. Our hats off to you......now if you could only come to NYS!