“One and out” 3 of 5 bubbles

405 Pub and Grill
Ranked #23 of 83 Restaurants in Laconia
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Meredith, New Hampshire
“One and out”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Might be a great Pub and fingerfood but not so great as a place to go for dinner. Wife, from Louisiana and knows her pull pork and sweets but this pull pork was way too sweet. I had fried haddock, nah. Go to Walters Basin or George's in Meredith on Friday for some delicious AYCE fried haddock. Other items on the menu eg. fried scallops coming in at $21+ seemed quite pricy for a Pub and Grill. Finally, at least where we were sitting VERY loud. If I was to go back it would be to have a beer and sample their wings which are supposed to be very good.

• Visited August 2014

Windsor Locks, Connecticut
“Nice surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Don't let first impressions fool you. The exterior of The 405 appears like a diner ... but the interior is far from the diner décor. The waitress we had was great. My husband had the Prime Rib and I had a Greek Salad with Steak Tips. Both meals were excellent. To end our meal we had the Bread Pudding Bites ... they were yummy. Before we left the guitarist began playing. He was excellent! I wish we could have stayed longer. Would highly recommend The 405!!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Carol C
Laconia NH
“Good Food, Good Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I have now been to the 405 a few times and have to say the food and service has been good each time. The nachos I had were very good. The waitress recommended the dirty wings which were excellent - and I am NOT a wing fan at all! I would order them again. I tried a burger last time which was quite good. I have never had a long wait, the service has always been "with a smile" and the food has been good. I cannot comment on the bar scene as that is not what I was there for. It does appear to be a small bar, though. A friend went on a different night and said the music was way too loud, until the owner showed up, and then it got turned down. I have not had that happen to me. I plan to go back. I find the food much better here than at another very popular local spot and also less hectic than at yet another popular Laconia spot.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank kris S
Holderness, New Hampshire
“Greatcsteak tips & Ribs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

The dark curly haired hostess makes you feel like you're in her home. She welcomes you with a warm smile and sends you off in the same manner. The wait staff is still working out some kinks,, but the food is very good. The ribs are some of the best I've had. The owner has a great personality and the atmosphere is very welcoming. A great place for friends & family.

• Visited March 2014
Center Harbor, New Hampshire
“went in hungry, came out concerned”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

We ordered nachos and fried clams which were both on the mediocre side. I say that it was sysco food but there was some funky texture going on with the clams as they cooled down. The nachos were over cooked and were lacking for ingredients other than chips.

The real downer(s) happen while dining. It seemed that every time we looked at an employee they were doing something disturbing with their hands. The chef was wearing gloves but itched his sweaty head while making a salad. Two waitresses could not leave their hair alone. The worst was when the bartender picked at her teeth and did not appear to have washed her hands afterwards.
he owner appears to have a lot of passion for the place but is obviously inexperienced in the restaurant business.

• Visited December 2013