“What a Find!”

Lake Opechee Inn and Spa
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Laconia
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My husband and I stayed here when we went to see a concert at nearby Meadowbrook arena...we have gone to concerts around here before and haven't really been able to find a hotel that we were happy with. Lake Opechee Inn was a wonderful exception for us! We had a second floor lakeview room which was surprisingly large and luxurious; with a sitting area with corner gas fireplace, high bed with great linens, and bath with jacuzzi. We didn't have time for dinner but we did sit in the bar and sample some wonderful appetizers. We will probably go back just to stay here, even if we don't attend a concert - it was that nice. The nearby Weirs Beach area is fun and has amusements and arcades, and Lake Winnepesaukee has boat rides, etc. A great overnight!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Lake Opechee Inn and Spa

Reviewed 22 July 2011

Stayed here for one night in double Queen with tree view (Not a forest, just bank of trees hiding a bikepath.). The Lake or rather an inlet of the Lake is across the drive. Lake has no access or beach so the up charge for the view doesn't merit the charge. The room was great. Comfortable beds plenty of room.
Free internet but a cable is required. (No Wifi). Gas fireplace was a nice touch...but for another time of year. Large Bath and Frig w/ a counter and coffee set up. Breakfast area was country kitchen set up with ample food (Continental). The restaurant "O" is worth a visit ...even if you don't stay at the Inn. Great service, reasonable price and perfection of the plates. Easy to find location w/ all locastores and chains one needs on vacation. Will return.

Room Tip: Don't bother on lake view. You can sit on rockers on lobby level if that's your thing.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank BobBoston
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We were starting our vacation and needed a hotel to stay in the night before we could get into our lake house for the week. We had our small dog with us so this place looked great since it was pet friendly and not a motel. 1) The WHOLE property is pretty, right on the lake, the inside is wonderful and the rooms are great. 2) We were in one of two pet friendly rooms, they totally catered to my dog, leaving bowls, treats, a card, and a crate in case we wanted to go out. 3) The bed was amazing, so comfy and just BIG. 4) the next morning the breakfast spread they put out was also well done.

The property also had an exercise room which I used, and lots of outdoor seating to relax. I must say I heard no noise while in my room, and used the fireplace to relax. I feel like this would be a great place to stay in the winter with it feeling so cozy.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2011

This was my second stay at this gem of a hotel. The decor, the balconies, the jacuzzi tub, all fantastic. They put on a nice breakfast as well. Spring for the lake view balcony--worth it. I don't know what kind of ridiculously soft sheets they have, but they're fantastic. And the bed is SO cushy as well. A great place.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Montana2, Owner at Lake Opechee Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2011

A restful nights sleep is what one should expect to get when staying at an Inn that boasts Tranquility! And here at Lake Opechee Inn and Spa, we have found a secret weapon. The response to our new sheets has been overwhelming in a positive way. So many of our guests are ordering sheets from us and taking that good night sleep home with them. Life is so stressful today and many of us go to bed a night with so much on our minds. A good nights sleep is vital to our health and our productivity during our waking hours, Lake Opechee Inn and Spa is very happy to know that we are helping our guests get that oh so important rest we all need. This can be such a rewarding business when you are able to treat people to something new and special. I am glad that you all love the new linens. Sleep tight everyone and take care of yourselves and loved ones.

Reviewed 20 April 2011

WONDERFULLY is what I have to say about my stay at this inn. This is my second time at the lake opechee inn and spa and it gets better each time I return. The people are the most friendly people you wil ever meet. Ron and the staff in the spa you are great people and your hospitality was greatly appreicate. Thanks and hope to see you again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2011

My Fiance and I recently stayed at Opechee Inn for Valentine's Day Weekend. Our room was beautiful, spotless, and the staff was excellent. We didn't want to leave! The room (The Robin, which we requested) was spacious and extremely comfortable. Everything from the feather bed, pillows, fireplace, view, whirlpool, shower, etc was fantastic. We didn't use the spa but we did have dinner at the restaurant "O" off the lobby and the food was incredible!! Would love to go back and highly recommend this inn!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2011

If you're looking for a quiet relaxing weekend this is the place! I booked based on their website and the reviews on this site and was not disappointed. The hotel is spotless from the rooms to all the common areas (even the gym). We had a terrific dinner at O's and the next morning went to the spa for a couples massage. I can honestly say this was the best massage I ever had! We had only booked one night but did some sightseeing around the neighboring towns and decided we weren't ready for our weekend getaway to end and returned for Saturday night. Every member of the staff was fantastic in the hotel, spa and restaurant. We definintely plan on returning in the warmer weather to really enjoy all the lake has to offer! All in all one of my favorite places and a great weekend memory!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laconia
The Naswa Resort
The Margate Resort
The Margate Resort
#4 of 13 in Laconia
Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee

Been to Lake Opechee Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!