“Home away from Home, Excellent Motel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bay Top Motel

Bay Top Motel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Laconia
Mass
“Home away from Home, Excellent Motel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2008

I have stayed at the Bay Top Motel for Laconia Bike Week for the past 7 years and I have always found the Motel to be very clean and welcoming. George the owner is very helpful to each of his guests and always makes me feel at home. I highly recommend his Motel and would suggest it as the ideal place to stay when visiting the NH area. I look forward to many future Laconia Bike Weeks at the Bay Top Motel as I know they will all be relaxing and enjoyable because of the excellent accommodations the Motel provides.

Sharon H.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Ninja2Mass

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Taunton, MA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2008

We stayed with a friend during bike week. We are aware of how ownership can be wary of troublemakers during bike week, however, the ownership of this hotel (although charging inflated prices during bike week, which they all do) does not treat his bread and butter (bikers) very well. My husband and I arrived soaked from riding in the rain and even though the friend we were staying with TOLD the ownership that we were staying with him, he would not let us in the room to take off our wet clothes and bring in our getting more soaked by the minute gear.. ok, well, I sort of tried to understand.. he has to wait for our friend.. When we asked if we could use the dryer for some of our clothes since we rode up and had limited stuff to wear.. he said no! We had to hang our soaked clothes on the back of chairs outside the room. The best thing about this place is that it is walking distance to the Wiers beach area. the rooms are decent. Typical motel. Although we didn't care for the ownership, we wanted to book a room for ourselves the following year and bring our young son so he could experience his first bike week.. It looked like we were all set to book, until we mentioned our son.. all of a sudden it was a no go.. I REFUSE to ever even SET FOOT in that place again. We didn't even visit our friend when we wen the following year and booked at Christmas Island instead up the street that gladly accepted our son. I can't speak for how well guests are treated during other times of the year. It was not a dump as alot of these motels can be.. I just wish we had been treated like guests.

Stayed June 2006
2 Thank zeenut
GeorgeNH, Owner at Bay Top Motel, responded to this review, 2 June 2008
The young lady that wrote this review was never a customer at this motel. She never had a reservation, never filled out a register card or paid for a room, she was a visitor with an attitude. Her and her husband were planning a free nights stay in the room of another customer. This particular customer was one of my first customers 22 years ago when I bought the motel. He is a good friend with many biker friends. Our motel like most motels has a no visitors policy during bike week. However, I tend to look the other way for this particular customer. I did not know who this young lady or her husband were and even if I had been told which I was not, I would not let strangers into someone's room. On several occasions over the years I have had people try to gain access by claiming a friend or family members was staying here. Sometimes it was true sometimes it was not. I would prefer to have someone upset that I kept friends out rather than let a stranger in.

Regarding children, on only two occasions in 22 years have customers asked to bring young children to bike week. Both have been angry with my refusal. For those not familiar with bike week, it is an adult party week, there is a noticeable lack of young children present in the area. Many of my customers have expressed similar feelings that bike week is not a family event and prefer not to have children present.
nyc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2006

we had 2 adjoining rooms---super clean,nice,comfortable-
TV,fridge,microwave,heat,hot water etc.all worked fine.
wonderful people.

great value.

• Liked — value,cleanliness
  • Disliked — absolutely NOTHING
  • Tips/Secrets — well worth your money
  • Stayed April 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank catroina
NY, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2006

We spent just under a week at the Bay Top.

It is clean and well-located. The staff is friendly. I think it would compare favorably to most local hotels and is priced competitively as well.

I would recommend for families, as well as couples.

Stayed August 2006
8 Thank NYCandworld
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2006

I haven't been to Baytop in a while but.... I do know that it is one of the best places to go to for a nice relaxing time in Weirs Beach.
George (the owner) is a fantastic person . Between him and his son the service is top notch. I have been known to sit in the office for a while and just talk with the both of them.
The motel grounds are very well kept as are their rooms. There are BBQ grills and a nice clean pool.
To this day, if I see either George or Scott outside I give them a honk of the horn and a wave as I pass them by. Hey guys if you do read this, the big blue blazer is gone. But if you see a red Huyndai pass by and beep it's Joe !!!

• Stayed December 2004
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Winthrop, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2006

going there for years ===we love the everthing about it----jacki&suzanne from winthrop,ma.

• Stayed July 2005
7 Thank 387suzanne
Richmond, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2006

My partner and I recently stayed here for a ski trip to nearby Gunstock. We weren't expecting much, since this area is clearly more of a summer destination and many of the motels weren't even open. But after reading some of the reviews of other, pricier "resorts" in the area (a good number of them bad), we decided to take a chance on this small motel that had no reviews posted. We were quite pleased with the front-desk service (very friendly and helpful), the price (very cheap by comparison to the others), and the cleanliness of the rooms. No complaints at all. And if you stay here, we can also recommend the nearby Willows Restaurant for good steaks and seafood.

16 Thank wanderer26