“Not awesome.”

Tamarack Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 87 Restaurants in Laconia
Reviewed 25 July 2013

1. Everything is fried. 2. The teenagers working the counter don't seem to care how you feel about being served. 3. When I visited they were out of literally everything that I might want to eat or drink. And by "out," I mean clam strips, tea, and diet pepsi. Basically everything. 4. Then one of said teenagers gave me attitude about wanting water for three of the four people in my party ordering food. Sorry about that -- I would've ordered a beverage with a cost associated if, you know, you'd had ANYTHING without sugar in it.

Anyway, I love supporting local businesses. Just not this one so much.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We were heading out to meet some friends in N.H. Four of us had a hankering for belly clams. We said that we would go a bit out of our way (15 miles) to get them. We did. We loved them. !! This is as good as it gets in the summer. We also took home 2 large lobster rolls for our sons. It made their day. We will be up in the lakes region in August for vacation. This will be one of the most visited restaurants for us. Two of us work for a supermarket chain in Ma. and do know that seafood prices have gone berserk in the last 10 years. Scallops used to be $6.99 a pound back then and now we sell them at $16.99 per pound. If you want fresh seafood, then expect to pay for it. Stop griping about the prices , no one is putting a gun to anybody's head and forcing them to buy seafood. You can always go to Mc Donalds, or BROWN-BAG it.

1  Thank Edward B
Reviewed 8 July 2013

we stopped at the Tamarack Restaurant on the 4th of july, we wanted seafood and i always remember this place being good, but was i wrong, we got the fried scallops and chicken fingers, no drinks and the bill was 28.00, there was no more them 8-9 baby scallops with a hand full of french fries, and a tiny little cup of coleslaw, the scallops had a fishy taste and where very dry, not good, my wife had the chicken fingers 4 stips of chicken with a hand full of french fries, we ate in about 10 minutes and looked at each other and said where are we going to eat, i would not go back, very disappointed , would not recommend this place they need to look at there food and do a refurb on this restaurant

Reviewed 1 July 2013

I am a Lakes Region native, and still visit my hometown frequently. This past weekend I brought my son along with me. We stopped at the Tamarack on 28 June. My son ordered the lobster roll basket, and I ordered the clam roll basket. We asked for our food "to go". The girl taking the order looked bewildered, like this has never happened before, then said, "OK. I'll just tell them". I got the impression she didn't know how to enter the information on the cash register, and didn't much care if she got it right or not.

Our food was served up on a tray. When we mentioned it was a carry out order, this second girl actually glared at us like we'd said something nasty. She took the tray back and boxed the food up - no napkins, no condiments except for a scant spoonful of tartar sauce, and a cellophane wrapper from some crackers or something was tossed in for good measure. There were no condiments available on the counter outside, so we were out of luck as we enjoyed our supper back at our motel.

The lobster roll was pretty good. The clams were a bit overfried, but also good. The fries were okay, but no ketchup or other condiments were offered or provided, so they were kind of bland. Nothing special. The portions were skimpy considering the prices charged. The service provided was terrible. If these young ladies do not want to be annoyed by people asking for things, and if they don't care whether they serve the customer well or not, they need to seek employment outside of the restaurant business. We won't return to the Tamarack.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Had the Whole Clam Plate and the Buffalo Basket. The clams were good (not excellent) but the quantity was low. About 12 clams for $18.00 is just too much! The Buffalo Basket was a complete waste of food! The buffalo sauce was way over done, and it is very low quality sauce. They took a bunch od fried food and slathered the sauce on. It was running out the bottom of the container. Won't be back

1  Thank KW03276