“Not what I remembered!”

Ranked #30 of 86 Restaurants in Laconia
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not what I remembered!”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We would always stop for a lobster roll....again many moons ago because it was the Best around and worth the 2 hour ride up! NOT ANYMORE! Horrible. Dirty, and run down. The lobster rolls were now served in a small hotdog roll and not much in it for the money!
Scratch that fond memory off my lobster roll list!! Very disappointed and we took my son and daughter in law there bragging of how good it was with extra long rolls....the fries were horrible and when we left we were still hungry looking for desert!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Denise L

New Jersey
“What happened???”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I have not been to Tamarack in about 15 years and have fond memories of pretty good seafood.

Quite a bit has changed:
1. $15.00 for a mediocre lobster roll on a hot dog bun -- not a very generous portion and for $1.00 more you get a side of fries and paid for a "tiny" side of inedible cole slaw. (Was just at Jersey shore and paid $12 for an overly generous lobster roll that included two (fancy) sides of your choice.)
2. Picnic tables were all dirty, chipped paint, peeling.
3. Counter-staff persons were not helpful, knowledgable or friendly.
4. Inside seating area and bathroom(s) was dated, smelly, dirty and just gross.

Very sad and disappointing experience.

• Visited August 2013
Farmington, Connecticut
“Nothing in stock”
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

We drove out of way on Monday to eat here as we wanted seafood and heard it was good. When we got there they were out of everything we wanted so disappointed. How can you be a seafood place in the middle of high season and running out of things. I am not normally this hard on a place but as someone who grew up here you only have a few months to make your living make sure you are well stocked.

Visited July 2013
JimClay, Owner at Tamarack Restaurant, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Brandy, you have my sincere apologies! It's a bit of a balancing act ordering seafood. The last thing I want is to under-order and be forced to tell a customer I'm out of something. The next to the last thing I want is to over order and have seafood sit around, I won't sell ANYTHING that isn't of the best quality. That being said, this weekend, the first scenario came true & i did run out of some items. Again, my apologies & if you'll come back, your dinner is on me for your time & troubles. Just ask for me.

Jim Clayton
Tamarack
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
“Not awesome.”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

1. Everything is fried. 2. The teenagers working the counter don't seem to care how you feel about being served. 3. When I visited they were out of literally everything that I might want to eat or drink. And by "out," I mean clam strips, tea, and diet pepsi. Basically everything. 4. Then one of said teenagers gave me attitude about wanting water for three of the four people in my party ordering food. Sorry about that -- I would've ordered a beverage with a cost associated if, you know, you'd had ANYTHING without sugar in it.

Anyway, I love supporting local businesses. Just not this one so much.

• Visited July 2013
Dedham, Massachusetts
“clams to kill for -superior service !!!!!”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We were heading out to meet some friends in N.H. Four of us had a hankering for belly clams. We said that we would go a bit out of our way (15 miles) to get them. We did. We loved them. !! This is as good as it gets in the summer. We also took home 2 large lobster rolls for our sons. It made their day. We will be up in the lakes region in August for vacation. This will be one of the most visited restaurants for us. Two of us work for a supermarket chain in Ma. and do know that seafood prices have gone berserk in the last 10 years. Scallops used to be $6.99 a pound back then and now we sell them at $16.99 per pound. If you want fresh seafood, then expect to pay for it. Stop griping about the prices , no one is putting a gun to anybody's head and forcing them to buy seafood. You can always go to Mc Donalds, or BROWN-BAG it.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Edward B

Been to Tamarack Restaurant? Share your experiences!