“Good Property, Nice Amenities, Close to action yet quiet”
Review of The Summit Resort

The Summit Resort
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Laconia
Hyannis Port, Massachusetts
“Good Property, Nice Amenities, Close to action yet quiet”
Reviewed 9 September 2012

The Summit Resort was very nice, rooms were very large and well appointed with full kitchen, open kitchen, dining and living room, large balcony and 2 bedrooms. Master bedroom is very large, has a queen bed, and bathroom with jacuzzi tub. Second bedroom has 2 twin beds and adjoins to a bathroom with washer and dryer and stand up shower stall.

Couch folds out to queen sized bed, mattress was very very thin, and of poor quality. It was fine for small child, but no adult would want to sleep on it.

I was surprised that both the bedrooms and living room had old tube tvs and a "Realistic" Radio Shack brand 80s analog stereo. This definitely needs updating.

Beds were OK overall, not too comfortable, and could use updating as well.

Playground was nice, and indoor pool facilities are great.

Overall, the beds and unit could be updated, but were very clean and well kept. COuld use updating, but would go back and recommend to friends/family.

Room Tip: End units are larger and have windows on sides of unit, making it brighter.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank john55c
Dcutillo, General Manager at The Summit Resort, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
It sounds like you enjoyed your stay with us in a standard 2 bedroom suite. All of the rooms at the Summit are quite spacious. These units do have some features that are scheduled for updates, but the maintenance staff does an excellent job keeping them in great shape. As you mentioned, all of our units feature in-room amenities like a full kitchen and dining area that are hard to find anywhere else in the area. I always say they are a great value for what the rooms have to offer.

If you are looking for a recently renovated unit for your next stay, try our deluxe 2 bedroom deluxe suite. These rooms include recent updates like flat screen TVs and king beds. In terms of the facilities at the resort, I am glad you enjoyed the amenities during your visit. Our amenities center is second to none in the Lakes Region.

Thanks again for choosing the Summit Resort. I realize vacation time is hard to come by these days and we appreciate your business. We hope to see you again in the future.

Rob Robillard, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I have been coming to the summit for skiing in the winter and the summertime. Overall, I love this place. It's better than a hotel; they provide washer and dryers in the room! Even the laundry soap!!! The best part about the summit is that it's extremely friendly staff will go
Out of their way to help you and they are always updating things! We loved have the coffee in the room and shampoos now which they didn't have before but clearly they take guest comments in to consideration :-). It was nice being here this time and having wi-fi
In the room, most places charge but they dont! Made emailing for
Work less of a hassle!
In a nut shell, you cant beat they're deals and the pools are awesome
The rooms are spacious and perfect for families. I love the fully equipped kitchen, makes
Cooking for
My family
A lot easier than eating out

I highly
Recommend the summit if you want a place to
Go with your family and is reasonable cost wise!!!

2 Thank Sky P
Dcutillo, General Manager at The Summit Resort, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
It is always great to hear positive feedback from a repeat customer. At the Summit we have been making strides to improve the hospitality experience for our renters. As a result we now offer the items you mentioned and also provide wireless internet for our guests. I am glad you recognized and appreciated these efforts.

The resort really is a great deal for the area considering our location and what we provide. I hope to see you visit with us again soon. Thanks for choosing the Summit Resort.

Rhode Island
Reviewed 13 June 2012

The Summitt is the best GEM we have found in the White Mountains. It is centrally located near local shopping, Weirs beach, Fun Spot, and delightful restaurants. The staff have always been courteous and accomidating. And the neighbors are respectful of our sometimes "loud" children. Which makes me believe the previous review is a phony. Especially if there were 6 complaints. The pull out couch needed updating. We have been going to the Summitt for many years, and never had a breath or complaint about security or cleanliness of the facility.

The D'Orazios

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank wheelsRhodeIsland
Dcutillo, General Manager at The Summit Resort, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
I appreciate the candid feedback from a repeat customer. The Summit has many positive qualities that set it apart from other hospitality establishments in the area. If your family enjoys the Lakes Region, then we are a great choice. Our staff takes cleanliness and security very seriously. I will let our housekeeping staff know that you were satisfied with the room.

Thanks again for choosing to return to the Summit each year. We hope to continue to raise the bar on our resort’s hospitality experience for you and your family.

Amesbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We came up for the weekend of 6/2/12 knowing full well that it was going to rain all weekend. We picked the Summit pretty much because it was near the attractions and seemed to have great amenities so we wouldn't mind the rain so much. We stayed in a 2 bedroom in Building 4 and we were blown away at how nice the room was. It was very comfy and we immediately felt right at home.

Now the rooms here are more like a Timeshare and not a Hotel. If you're looking for room service and daily cleaning etc... find an actual Hotel. If you're looking for what is essentially a "decked-out" apartment to stay in while you are visiting Weirs and the surrounding area... it's perfect. The room had a full kitchen, plates, silverware, dishes, (dishwasher too), a nice flat screen TV and DVD player, a Jacuzzi tub in the master bedroom, nice beds and a great porch. It would easily sleep 5-6 people comfortably.

Some things to keep in mind before you stay here... If you want ice, be sure and turn on the ice maker when you first get there. Also, be sure to bring your own paper towels, and if you drink coffee.. bring regular paper filters and coffee itself. They have a coffee maker... but they don't provide anything to put in it. Also, it would be nice if they had shampoo in the bathrooms.. but all they offered was bar soap.

The pool and slides, Roman Jacuzzi, and Sauna were all great as was the racquetball court. It would be nicer if they didn't charge $1.00/game to use the pool tables, but oh well. The indoor pool closes at 10PM, but the outdoor pool was open all night, which is nice. Getting around town is a breeze as it is well located and it's about a 5 min trip to Weirs beach and a few mins more to the FunSpot.

For the money, you really can't beat it. We will surely stay there again, but hopefully longer and with better weather next time.

Room Tip: Our room was so nice but I don't want to tell you which one in case I want to reserve it again...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank iamtheczar
Dcutillo, General Manager at The Summit Resort, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
I am glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us in the Lakes Region despite the weather. Your review perfectly sums up our hospitality offering. The resort provides a great value with spacious condo style rooms and a variety of amenities. As I always say, the summit is a great home base to explore the area.

As we move towards pushing our rental offering at the resort, I will take your suggestions for providing coffee filters and shampoo into account. I agree that it will help better meet guest’s expectations.

I appreciate your positive feedback and am glad we were able to provide a solid vacation experience for your family. We home to see you back in the Lake Region visiting the Summit again soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

Loved it! Our room was clean and huge! Could have easily slept 6 adults. We had room 310 which is a room with a jacuzzi. The decor was a little dated but it was more than spacious which makes up for it. The kitchen had a dishwasher, oven, full size fridge, microwave and coffee maker, 2 tvs and a balcony with a view of the playground and a little bit of the lake. Beds weren't terrible. Heat/cooling worked great. The shower was a little difficult to operate but we had sufficient hot water and pressure so once you found the right temperature it was fine.

The amenities building was great. If we had brought our kids they would have loved the pool and waterslides. It is near a lot of great locations in town. Would've been better in the middle of summer. The staff was less than friendly at check out. Don't think they even made eye contact with us. Also, the cleaning staff were hanging out talking in front of the amenities building which I thought was a little strange.

Overall we would definitely stay here again and bring the kids! Wish we could afford $200 a night during busy season, but this hotel is definitely worth that price.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emily M
Dcutillo, General Manager at The Summit Resort, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
I am happy you loved the resort. The Summit offers some of the most spacious units in the area and it is close to most area attractions. Our rooms are true condo-style units, so they are a great for anyone looking for a safe haven while visiting the Lakes Region.

Our amenities center is a major asset and guests tend to love it. Hopefully you can bring your kids on your next visit so they can enjoy themselves on the water slide.

I appreciate your feedback about the staff during check out. I will be sure to address this. Guests who choose to spend their valuable time at our facility deserve a smile and a positive attitude at the end of their stay with us. I hope you choose to visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

The front desk staff allow anyone to check into your room before you arrive when its under your name. All they ask for is the persons name the room is under and their phone number. Most peoples phone numbers are public knowledge so anyone knowing where you were going could check into your room destroy it and then leave you to pay for it. It should be a policy like every other hotel/resort that the person whose credit card the room is under be there! This happened to me and I was in shock that they allow this to happen. I would advise everyone to stay somewhere else. I had a horrible experience and will never return.

4 Thank irisheyess
Dcutillo, General Manager at The Summit Resort, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
As an organization we strive to treat our guest with respect and provide them with a positive vacation experience. With that in mind I regret having to directly refute your review. After discussing your comments with management I was informed that your party was associated with the guests that were removed from the property due to a noise complaint (see response to review below).

We did receive a call, allegedly from the reservation holder, that another guest would be checking in prior to their arrival. This name was placed on the record for the reservation. When this guest arrived we added them to the reservation, took down their license and informed them that if they were checking in they would be responsible to pay for the reservation. It is not uncommon for reservation holders to have other guests arrive before them. In these cases, we generally allow the reservation holder to inform us about these unique circumstances. The Summit Resort has never experienced an incident where an unknown party has stolen someone’s identifying information and used it to destroy a room.

It is unfortunate that several guests who you were familiar with and spending time with during your stay were removed from the property due to noise complaints. During this time period we received 7 noise complaints from nearby guests and had to provide free night stays to 2 different reservations. It is likely that this is the true cause of your negative experience during your stay with us. Suggesting that we compromise guest’s privacy and are an unsafe facility seems extreme given the context of the situation.

Rob Robillard
Reviewed 25 February 2012

This place looks nice. The rooms were alright. The front desk staff was horrible. There is no on-site security after 9pm. The front desk doesn't answer there phones. They do nothing for noise complaints either. When we finally got to through to the front desk and talked to the general manager she was rude and unprofessional. She even hung the phone up on me. I called her back and she told us we can leave the resort. I was completely disgusted with the staff there and especially disgusted with the general manager who had no cares for the guests staying there. I will never return to this place. It definitely doesn't make you feel at home with the horrible customer service. I would recommend everyone else to stay away from here as well

4 Thank snowboarding guy
It is unfortunate that what could have been a fun vacation experience had to end in such an unpleasant manner for both your party and for our staff. In this instance, I completely support my staff’s side of the story. After reading your review and meeting with all management representatives familiar with your stay, I find it very self-serving that you do not explicitly state that you were a member of the party that was removed due to noise complaints from other guests. While it is unfortunate that our security guard, whose shift ends at 2 AM, did not become aware of the disruption during the night, the resort did receive 7 independent complaints the following morning. The resort manager was obliged to comp 2 rooms in proximity to your room due to these issues. We had several eye witness account from other guests of beers being thrown from the deck during the night as well.

I understand that our manager had one initial conversation with your party in the morning and then was forced to take action on a second call based on the experience of other guests. If our manager was anything but professional with you during the process of removing you from the property I can only assume she was a bit flustered by the extremity of the situation. Our organization did refund the second night of your party’s stay.

For the record our front desk stops answering phones at 10 PM, guests are then directed to a cell phone number in their guest packets that is available until 2 PM. After those hours we have an offsite, 24 hour desk staff that is available to answer calls for the property. Your review does bring up the concerned that this communication chain may have been under-communicated to the guests staying in units near your room. We will work on improving this to be more responsive to future noise complaints as they are happening and hopefully prevent other guest from suffering as a result of irresponsible behavior by a single party.

Rob Robillard
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laconia
The Naswa Resort
Steele Hill Resorts
Steele Hill Resorts
#1 of 1 in Sanbornton
Fireside Inn & Suites at Lake Winnipesaukee

Been to The Summit Resort? Share your experiences!