The Summit Resort
Half Moon Motel & Cottages(Weirs Beach)(Great Value!)
US$104
Bay Top Motel(Laconia)(Great Value!)
US$86
The Margate Resort(Laconia)(Great Value!)
US$130
Lazy E Motor Inn(Weirs Beach)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$173
US$132
The Naswa Resort(Laconia)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmaster bedroomwasher and dryersignature suiteindoor poolfull kitchentop floorweirs beachrefurbished unitsfirst floorsecurity depositjacuzzi tubnice condosand volleyballplayground for kidsdaily cleaningbreakfast bar areamain office
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I booked through Groupon and got a great price, probably because it was off season, so it was cheaper than most of the motels and hotels in the area, and it looked nice, so I took a chance. Wow! We started off in room 210. It had a nice open floor plan, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, full kitchen, washer and dryer, dining and living room area with a dvd player. A plus was the jaccuzzi tub in the master bathroom. The room was clean, nice and modern with a flat screen in the living room, and a box tv in the master bedroom. Everything was fine our first night... then in the morning we had no hot water. We called the front desk and were told the hot water tank was broken and would not be fixed for a couple of days. We were given the choice of staying in the room and getting access to showers in another building or moving to another comparable room. We thought it would be less hassle to go to another room. The staff was very nice and we packed up, switched keys, and went to building 3, to room 310. 310 was still great, it had everything that 210 had, but looked a bit more rustic and seemed a bit smaller, but that could have been the layout. Also, I think we downgraded from a Queen size bed to a Full size, which annoyed me a bit,.. but I bit my tongue at the time, it was a last minute unexpected move so I assume they did what they could to accommodate us.

As I said, we got a great price, and I've paid much more for much less, plus if I had never seen 210 I still would have been very happy. I didn't take any stars off because it really wasn't anybody's fault that the hot water tank broke. I wish we had gotten to stay in 210 or were put in an equally modern room, but 310 didn't lack anything and we still enjoyed our stay. We're not pool people, and didn't use any of the other amenities, but everything we saw looked clean and well maintained. We would book again even if we ended up paying a bit more.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The Summit Resort was very clean. The grounds were well maintained. We stayed in a Deluxe room. Each deluxe condo/apartment had a full service kitchen, washer and dryer. The Deluxe rooms have two bathrooms. One bathroom had a shower stall and the other bathroom off of the master bedroom had a jacuzzi tub with no shower. As a family of four, we wished that the master bedroom bathroom had a shower in addition to or instead of the jacuzzi tub, it would have made getting ready much easier. Also some of the decor was a little outdated/well used.
The kids loved the two slides at the indoor pools. One of the slides emptied into an approximately 2 foot deep pool and the larger slide emptied into an approximately 5 foot pool.
The resort was close to Wiers Beach, Tilton and Gilford.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2013

The Good. The place was clean and well maintained. The kitchen was fully stocked with everything you will need. The rooms even had a washer and dryer. The family loved the comfortable layout and we would go back in a heartbeat. The location is close to everything. Based on just this, I would have given it 5 stars.

Things you should know. Despite the early booking and half empty lot, we were placed in building four. Which is as far away from the both pools as humanly possible. Here's a hint, if you have young kids ask for something closer to the pool and playground. Also, bring towels and don't expect maid service. You can pick up towels every day if you want, but if you're washing them yourself, why bother? One last thing, the fireplace is decorative. It's looks real in the pictures but it's not.

The downside. My brother's family joined us on vacation and booked the rooms upstairs. We had a medical emergency the day of checkout that required my sister-in-law to visit the local ER. Since I now had four children under the age of five in my room, I called to request late checkout. but was cheerily declined. Then the front desk phoned the room 30 minutes later to ask "why we were still there?" My brother offered to pay an additional night with the Summit because of missing his 10:00 am checkout but he was told that was fine. That was nice of them but they still missed the mark in a huge way by providing zero empathy or customer service initially. Any good will that was built up during my stay evaporated with that phone call.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna G
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Love the area. Nice resort. Furniture very uncomfortable, bathrooms are a throw back from the 70's, décor very outdated. Have stayed there 6 times (former owner), also have exchanged to other resorts and found them much nicer.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Rob R, General Manager at The Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

It is always nice to hear from a former owner. I agree that the Summit Resort has a fantastic location for anyone looking to explore the Lakes Region.

I respectfully disagree that the décor is a throwback to the 70’s. The main amenities building was not completed until 1989. We have also made significant strides in upgrading the units including the addition of flat-screen TV’s in all units.

It sounds like it may have been sometime since your last visit with us. We would love a chance to change your perception of the resort if you gave us another try. Thanks again for staying at the Summit Resort over the years.

Rob Robillard, General Manager

Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

My family loved the deluxe room. Everything was impeccably neat. Kids loved how it was a mini apartment. Pool are and recreation room were very neat and comfortable. We will definitely return. The grounds are nice if kids want to bring scooters.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Ani8175
Rob R, General Manager at The Summit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Sounds like you had a great stay at the Summit Resort. Between the amenities, the central location and the spacious suites, the Summit tends to be a big hit with both adults and kids looking to enjoy the Lakes Region. I will be sure to pass your positive feedback on to the Housekeeping Manager.

Given the square footage and full kitchens, I agree that our suites are very much like apartments. I am happy to hear your family had a good time. Hopefully everyone enjoyed run or two down the slide.

Thanks again for staying with us at the Summit Resort. We look forward to the potential of hosting your family for a return visit.

Rob Robillard, General Manager