“Great value”
Review of The Landmark Inn

The Landmark Inn
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Laconia
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Friendly, inexpensive, clean, free parking, nice free breakfast and coffee in the morning. Located in the center of an adorable town and very convenient to the Meadowbrook Paviliion. All in all a very good value.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mollysuze

Reviewed 11 September 2012

This is a decent budget hotel with lumpy beds, no service, but friendly people. I booked this place through Hotwire who rated this hotel as a four star hotel which made this the most disappointing place I've ever stayed at!!!!
The maid tried to enter the room at 9:40 a.m. while we were still sleeping. She/he proceeded to slip a note under the door advising us that the room would not be cleaned and that we should go to the front desk, if we needed fresh towels. The nerve!!!

Room Tip: There are no amenities, so I can't really rate them! My GPS was stolen from the car which was p...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2012

This hotel was very clean and well maintained. The desk clerk was able to let us check in our rooms a few hours early which was great. While the decor was dated it didn't detract from the quality of the hotel. For a longer stay I might want a nicer TV. This one was from the dark ages and pretty small. The continental breakfast (cereal, bagels, muffins) was included in the room rate which I felt was very reasonable. The charge for the night was charged to my credit card upon booking and if cancelled was subject to a small fee. We stayed here to attend a concert at the Cellular Pavilion which was only a short drive away. The lake area is absolutely beautiful. We stopped at the outlets on the way home.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Older hotel. Nothing fancy. Clean rooms. Decent continental breakfast. Central location. Walking distance to shops in Laconia. Stayed there after a concert at Meadowbrook.
Thin walls, but quiet the night we stayed. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I reserved a room for Friday, August 10, 2012. Before my arrival, my son David Clevenson , arrived and took over the room for 2 nights. When we departed on SUbday, August 12, 2012, the desk clerk assured me that I was NOT sharged for the room as my son had paid for BOTH nights. However, on my current bill from my charge card, I note that the Landmark Inn has chartged me for the night of August 10th. Did the dedsk clerk make a mistake in telling me that I wasn't charged for the night? Did my son not pay for 2 nights? I would like some clarificatoion as to why I was billed for one night. It is not necessary to publish this review, but it seemed the only way to contact the Landmark Inn directly..Since this review goes to "Trip Advisor", perhaps ypou will forward this review to the Landmark Inn.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2012

If you’re looking to stay in the center of all the excitement that the Weirs Beach has to offer…this is not the place for you. However, if you don’t mind driving approx 10 minutes from there and have free continental breakfast included in your stay..this IS the place. In my opinion this place needs a little TLC. It has an antique feel to it, which is not necessarily bad, but the TV could use some updating. They have really old ones there. ( big brown boxes) The size of the rooms are average and the beds are average. I did not find a coffee maker in the room, which most hotels and even motels provide. The free continental breakfast is great for kids and adults alike, includes coffee, orange juice, apple juice, milk and assorted teas. Also, bagels, croissants, pastries, cereal, muffins and fruits.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I stayed at the Landmark Inn from 7/27/12 to 7/29/12. We were in a softball tournament in the area and they recommened it. It was very dated, the pictures on line look nothing like what it actually looks like. It smelt very must the beds were horrible i found two bugs in the bed while i was sleeping. There was damp rid hidden underneath the bureau to try to get rig of the damp musty smell. The bedding was soo old and worn. I wanted to cancel upoin arrival and they would not refund my money. I was travelling alone with my daughter and voiced my concerns about the hotel and still no refund. The continental breakfast was coffee and bagels .. i was charged $140.00 per night for this. It was a dump !!!!! I would never stay there ever again and would never recommend this hotel to anyone !!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laconia
Econolodge Inn & Suites
Super 8 Tilton/Lake Winnipesaukee
Half Moon Motel & Cottages
Half Moon Motel & Cottages
#2 of 5 in Weirs Beach

Been to The Landmark Inn? Share your experiences!