“Worst, most overpriced hotel ever!”
Review of The Landmark Inn

The Landmark Inn
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Laconia
A TripAdvisor Member
“Worst, most overpriced hotel ever!”
Reviewed 31 August 2005

After traveling 14 hours by car to Laconia, NH, my family and I couldn't wait to get to our hotel. Once to our room, we discovered a dirty kleenex under the bathroom counter, peeling wallpaper, torn lampshades, holey curtains, a dirty floor, and a horrible musty smell. We complained, and were given a new room. Same problems as the prior room, it was a dirty mess. Our other family members had the same problems, and we all complained to the front desk and filled out complaint forms. We stayed for 2 nights, and it cost us $270. We expected some form of discount or even an apology from the manager, but got nothing. Oh, and the breakfast was horrible too.

Basically, this is an overpriced, filthy, mess of a hotel, and I would never recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New Hampshire
Reviewed 8 August 2005

I read the review from June regarding the Landmark and decided to give them a chance. WHAT A MISTAKE!

The Landmark is a VERY OUTDATED facility, I was suprised that I didnt have cockroaches in my room. The room was so filthy and dilapidated, Im surprised the state allows them to continue opening their doors each morning.

The carpet & bedding is so stained and worn, the furniture looks second hand, and the breakfast was weak, (not to mention the mold on the muffins).

The staff was young, rude and inexperienced, very unprofessional.
I wouldnt stay there on business if you paid me.
TO ALL, dont waste a penny on this dump, spend the extra $20 on a decent place!

• Stayed July 2005
9 Thank thegreatone

Travellers are raving about these Laconia hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 June 2005

I read the only other review regarding the Landmark Inn, and I have to say that I disagree. This hotel is one of the most reasonably priced hotels, if not THE MOST reasonably priced hotel in the entire area. I stay here frequently on business and always receive a $49.99 rate mid week, however I believe the rate goes up in the summer. The rooms are standard sized, perhaps the bathroom is a little small, but still adequate, and I have never had a problem with the cleanliness of any rooms here. They offer a continental breakfast every morning included in the rate, however there are no other amenities. I recommend this hotel for business travellers, students, quick visits, meetings and conventions, or anyone looking low rates. I believe this is primarily who the hotel is most geared for as there are many other resort type hotels in the area for people who desire vacation-like amenities.

• Stayed March 2005, travelled on business
27 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Westford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 March 2005

very deceiving main entrance was beautiful but that is where it all stops
rooms were small for the money the bathroom was so small that you bumped the door when you were in it not enough towels continental breakfast muffins were stale juice was warm thank god stayed only one night

• Stayed June 2005
24 Thank korney2015
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laconia
Econolodge Inn & Suites
Super 8 Tilton/Lake Winnipesaukee
Lazy E Motor Inn
Lazy E Motor Inn
#5 of 5 in Weirs Beach

Been to The Landmark Inn? Share your experiences!