“Pub Food”

J L Sullivan's
Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Nice location on the river, tables outside. We ate there around 8PM so ate indoors. Good pub food, fries, bar-b-q, fried seafood. Cold beer on tap. Not bad.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Nice pub, food was ok, poor (near bad) service... Not much more to had coming from an Irish family. Is there another resto in Lancaster?

Reviewed 4 March 2014

And that's it. Food and service leave much to be desired. Takes forever to get seated, then longer to get waited on. Hamburger was luke warm and blah. Lettuce and tomato very wilted.
Almost tasted microwaved. They are a short distance from our home, so would be very convenient, but we won't go back. Gave them a second chance and nothing had changed.

1  Thank Stellas_mom1025
Reviewed 14 October 2013

When we walked in, it looked like a place we would like. The sign said "Wait to be seated", so we did. No hostess in sight. In the meantime, people walked in, walked around us and sat themselves. We went to sit in the bar, but by now all those seats had been taken. I think it was the owner who finally asked if we had been helped and then sat us at a terrible table with a light so bright I felt like I was about to be interrogated. We changed our seat to a hallway type area right next to the kitchen, for lack of a better option. We got Shepards Pie and I think a Pot roast dinner. UGH! Expensive and lacking of any flavor whatsoever. The Pot Roast was meat scraps, I never saw anything like it. The $13.00 Shepards Pie was a bowl of mashed potatoes, it looked great, but tasted like nothing. It was loud, our service was incredibly bad. The waitress was stressed the whole time. We occasionally did see a hostess who kept hiding out in the kitchen and doing nothing for people walking in. Maybe the burgers are good, I don't know. This place was a huge let down.

1  Thank myshorepath
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Went here with my husband and 3 year old and loved it. Very kid friendly but still enjoyable for adults and only a short ride from Santa’s village!. My 3 year old is a picky eater and the waitress did a great job accommodating her. My husband had the fish and chips and I quote “best he has ever had" i had the house salad topped with steak tips that were out if this world. It was very very clean and the staff did a great job taking care of us. The food here is unbelievable, highly recommend the steak tips.

Will definitely be back!