“Okay Food but Terrible Service” 1 of 5 bubbles

J L Sullivan's
Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Irish
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bar Harbor, Maine
“Okay Food but Terrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I have never written a negative review before. But the experience my family and I had last night compelled me to say something. Perhaps in the hope that the restaurant itself would read it and fix this issue. My husband and I have 6 year old twins. We arrived at JL Sullivan's at 6:45 pm. We were told they were out of children's menus but were seated in a timely manner. It was twenty minutes before our drink order was even taken. There were other children in the restaurant, which was not full, that had crayons and paper to color on. I asked again for a children's menu and was told they were out. When the group beside us left 45 minutes later, I had to go over to their dirty table and collect the crayons (provided by the restaurant) and then go over to the hostess stand to get some coloring paper. Then our drinks arrived. The waitress was still not ready to take our order. 10 minutes passed before she came back. I noticed her notice the crayons.... It was 1 hour and 40 minutes before our food came. I complained POLITELY and she was certainly apologetic. Then clearly there was some sort of argument in the kitchen because a different gal came out and asked, "Were your plates hot when you got them?" I replied yes and she turned and walked away. At this point 8:15, my six year olds are sleeping stretched out on the benches and their food remained uneaten. I guess an apology or some sort recognition would have staved off this review.

The menu was not to my taste, but was certainly adequate pub food. They had a reasonably good beer menu.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Dogmatix4804

new hampshire
“Good pub food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The smell of the barbecue drew us in. Sat outside on the deck overlooking the river. Beer was cold, pulled pork sandwich and baked beans were delicious. The chicken tenders were huge and you can choose your sauce - I went with the barbecue sauce which was hearty. A side of pasta salad was good. A treat for all the senses! Will eat here again as we are often in the area on the Harley.

Visited July 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

It was an average pub and bar. Nothing spectacular but consistent pub type food. Not much more to say about it. Given the choices in the area it seemed about the safest bet for food!

Visited June 2014
Portsmouth, NH
“Pub Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Nice location on the river, tables outside. We ate there around 8PM so ate indoors. Good pub food, fries, bar-b-q, fried seafood. Cold beer on tap. Not bad.

Visited May 2014
Mirabel, Quebec, Canada
“Nice... And that's it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Nice pub, food was ok, poor (near bad) service... Not much more to had coming from an Irish family. Is there another resto in Lancaster?