“Nice value, clean room”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lancaster
Boston, MA
“Nice value, clean room”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Good for snowmobiling. A bit far for bretton woods skiing but the next closest place was $$ more expensive so we were willing to drive to stay in budget. The motel was a very nice surprise. Check in was easy, lady at front was nice. The room was clean and fresh and had plenty of space for our gear. Only ding was mat in shower was gross and should have been replaced a long time ago. Large fridge in room. We were happy enough with the choices close by for dinner (subway and such).

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank TravelerWithFour

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Oxford, Maine
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We arrived on New Years Eve. The motel was very clean and very quiet. Very good breakfast and excellent staff. We will definately stay here again. There is stores and places to eat all with in walking distance. Looking forward to our next visit there.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ksmom1226
East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

In October 2013 my wife and I stayed for two nights in room number 102, a disabled accessible room on the ground floor. We paid $92 / £57 each night, which wasn't bad value at all considering the time we stayed and the cost of other places in the area. We had only planned to stay one night but the day before we arrived our plans changed. Luckily I was able to book the room online for a second night. It was a good job I didn't leave it until we checked in because I was told that I would have been disappointed due to how busy it was.

This place is marketed as a motel but you wouldn't think it was once inside. All of the rooms are accessible from the internal corridors and if the other rooms were anything like ours then it would put a lot of chain hotels to shame.

Our room was very large and there was more than enough room for my wife to manoeuvre her power wheelchair. It had two queen beds; we only used one but it was very comfortable and of an appropriate height for my wife. The TV was an old style CRT and the old fashioned fridge was sat atop a rickety looking stand and had a table lamp on top of it; it did look a little odd. However, the fridge and the rest of the room was spotlessly clean. The WiFi signal was very strong.
The A/C unit took a little bit of time for me to work out how to use but once I had sussed it out it was quite efficient - and fairly quiet.
Our room was next to the laundry and I expected to be disturbed all night by the machines running, as happened in an earlier hotel on this trip. I need not have worried though; the machines did not run at night. The lift (elevator) was opposite but we were not disturbed by it at all. Overall our room was very quiet.

The bathroom was large and had a roll-in shower; I was surprised by that as usually when we stay in motels they only have a tub or a pokey shower stall in their so called accessible bathrooms. The only negative point was that the shower curtain did not meet the shower tray, the result being water leaking onto the floor; luckily there were plenty of towels provided, some of which were used to mop up. The sink though was in the main room and not the bathroom. This turned out to be better for us as it made it easier for my wife to sit in front of the sink and mirror and do her lady beautifying stuff. There were plenty of power sockets nearby too; all too often hotels place a large mirror in the room that is always out of reach of the sockets.

The breakfast room was tiny and all tables were soon taken. My wife would have had no chance of getting in there with her wheelchair. All was not lost though as our room was less that thirty feet away so I took our breakfast back to the room, where we could comfortably sit at our own table. The breakfast was OK with cereals, yogurts and breads etc for toasting. The coffee was quite tasty too. The juice however was not nice at all; I think it may have been reconstituted powdered stuff as it reminded me of that disgusting Sunny Delight. Luckily we had bought some pressed apple cider in Vermont before we came over the border.

We are planning another trip in the Fall of 2014 to the New England area but we intend to just pass through New Hampshire in a day or so rather the spending a few days. I do intend though to plan the route in order to fit in another stay a night at the Coos Motor Inn.

Crofton, Maryland
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I've stayed at many hotels, motels and inns in and around Lancaster but this is the nicest one by far. Inexpensive, located right downtown within walking distance of shops, restaurants and the movie theater, and right next door to a grocery store. What I found very refreshing was how clean and well kept it is. It looks freshly painted with new carpet but it was last redone several years back and just kept well by the staff. The rooms are comfortably large with fridge and TV and there is free wireless (ask for the code at the front desk). The staff were very nice and very helpful as well. A nice little gem of a place that I will revisit the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Beautiful giant room. Squeaky clean. Located in a gorgeous little community. Big grocery store next door and every other need within walking distance. Free breakfast offering has great selection but seating is limited so be patient.

worcester
Reviewed 18 October 2013

clean, spacious rooms. Fridge, TV, hairdryer in room. next door to a supermarket and a short walk into the main town where there are a couple of bars/restaurants.
plenty of parking, free "continental" breakfasts - just means cereals, muffins, coffee - but adequate.
friendly staff, free wi-fi. good value

Alton, Illinois
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed at the Coos Motor Inn in October and had a great experience. Beds were comfortable and good breakfast.
Best part was the service. I had left my purse in the room only to discover the error 2 hour drive away. When I called the Coos they had already left a message on my home phone (in the mid-west). Upon my request, they promptly Express mailed my purse to the address in Burlington where we were spending the next night! Received my purse before noon on the next day. Great relief to have such prompt service and help.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Cabot Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Littleton
Hampton Inn Littleton
#1 of 5 in Littleton
Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa

Been to Coos Motor inn? Share your experiences!