“So Much Potential- Keep Driving”
Review of Cabot Inn & Suites

Cabot Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I am going to be blunt and straight to the point-
We stayed here Dec 6-8, 2013 for our first annual Santa's Village Trip. We booked here because they had a restaurant ( who wants to drive or cook after a long day at the village). We walked in the lobby felt like a fridge, so cold. Then we find out that there isn't a restaurant in the hotel. They moved out into a new location down in the square. After doing some poking around I found out they moved out in Feb 2013. Cabot Inn website says they have a restaurant JL Sullivans. If they moved out in Feb and we booked our visit for Dec. why didn't they tell us so we could make other arrangements if we wanted. So I made a trip to JL Sullivans down the square and they told me that they have been trying to get Cabot Inn to take their restaurant off their website.
False advertising and the old bait hook and switch. IT all starts with dishonesty on their website, stay away. Pool was cold and dingy dark, they didn't have any hand rails on the stairs, very dangerous. Dining area for the make-shift continental breakfast very cold, space heaters all around. Rooms were dirty, tons of flies and bugs stuck in the light domes.
This place has so much potential, it is very pleasing from the outside, great views and plenty of parking.
Not worth it- keep driving. Dishonest

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Gregory G

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Every year for the past three years my family spends the weekend after Thanksgiving at Santa’s village. Two years ago we stayed at the Cabot Inn, and we were less than impressed. We stayed at another hotel down the hill about 40 minutes away last year, and didn't like the drive. We drove 700 miles this year and decided to come back to the Cabot Inn, and we were blown away by the improvements. Apparently they are under new management and in the last six months have redone the rooms to the tune of new granite-topped furniture, new carpet, new bedding, new paint, a fridge, free wifi, and a 40 inch LED tv with an HD signal. They invested in a cover for the pool, and told us that even though the pool wasn't as hot as they liked, they will have a new heating system in for the pool in a few weeks. This hotel is completely different than it was two years ago, and is no longer a dive next to Santa’s Village. The price was really reasonable and the continental breakfast was a nice touch. We will be back again next year, Thanks Tracy!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Our family was visiting for a weekend in November. When we first entered the hotel lobby, it was very chilly and stark. Perhaps no more than 60 degrees. We rented two suites--one for us, one for other family members who were arriving later. We arrived in our suite and it was 48 degrees. The heat was not turned on at all--any other hotel we've stayed at in the fall/winter had the heat on to greet us. It took about 4 hours to get up to a reasonable temp. We quickly checked the other suite to be sure it would be warm enough for our family members, and it too was 48 degrees. We turned on the thermostats and the baseboard heat ultimately did NOT work. Their excuse was that the room had not been rented since Columbus Day. Huh?? So you don't check to see if everything is in working order before you rent it out again?? Their solution was to provide space heaters….which ultimately did work, but it took about 6 hours to get the suite up to temp. At no time was an apology given to us for the inconvenience of the heat not working.
Our suite fit us nicely, but the small things that make your stay an enjoyable one were NOT there. There was about 1 tsp. of dishwashing soap to do dishes, no dish towels, a broken remote control for the DVD player, not enough bath towels, and a toilet that was rancid with the smell of urine. We called to at least have the toilet cleaned, to which the housekeeping staff, who unfortunately didn't speak English well, just flushed the toilet in front of us and pronounced it "clean". We tried to explain the problem again…and they did clean the toilet…but it never lost the horrible smell. And I mean horrible. There was also hair in the tub upon our arrival, none of the clocks were set with the correct time, and the small refrigerators had no freezer space…which would have been helpful.
There was also a sign at the front desk saying that the pool heater was not working, and the hot tub was broken. We decided to check the pool out anyway. The pool area was very dimly lit for night-time use and yes, the pool was freezing…much to the disappointment of our kids. I am suspicious that the pool was not broken but that they just didn't want to heat it, seeing that the ENTIRE hotel was noticeably cold…lobby, hallways and all.
From the outside, the hotel looks so promising. Even the inside to some degree. But the customer service, and the amenities (like heat!!) were lacking for our stay. Needless to say, we were very disappointed. We paid a pretty penny to stay there, and we did NOT get what we paid for. We will not be returning.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank L M
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We went just for one night, it was very clean and the room was very nice. The following morning we had the continental breakfast that was included with the room, and it was very good. They had waffles you could make, cereal, fruit, three kinds of juice, cereal, bagels, yogurt etc. Everything was fresh and good, the only suggestion I would make to them would be to provide larger cups for coffee, the cups that were out were very small and had to be refilled over and over. I would go again anytime!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We've just spent 2 nights there. We booked a king sized bed. When we got there the receptionist told us some cock-and-bull story about there being a problem with our booked king size room and that we would have to have a room with 2 queen sized beds in it but the view would be nice. I asked why they hadn't called us to tell us this and give us a chance to find a king sized room somewhere else and was told that they had tried to reach us a few times. This was a lie. Nobody had phoned us/emailed us or even tried to. Th "nice view" was of the parking lot.
A couple of times the water just stopped in mid-shower. The supposed reason: so many people having a shower at the same time. This is a shabby state of affairs. Also, the dirty shower water did not drain away fast enough and you found yourself standing in a dirty pool of water.
Furthermore, the shower handle was broken, exposing sharp edges.
This is a place we definitely shan't be going back to!

Room Tip: Drive on past this hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank StephenMorris2013
Reviewed 15 October 2013

we stayed in the hotel part Oct 13,2013 and the rooms were spacious, well kept, very clean. The hotel staff was helpful and I would highly recommend the Cabot Inn. Excellent value.We were only there for one night but I would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My daughter & I along with her 2 very young children traveled 7+ hours to visit Santa's Village. We decided to stay at the Cabot Motor Inn, because it was located across from Santa's Village. We arrived on a Thursday evening & requested a suite for 3 nights, this was in mid-September (off season). The front desk attendant quoted me 200 per night. However, upon check-out the front desk attendant (different person) handed me a receipt charging us 269 a night. I told her that I was quoted 200 per night upon check-in. The desk attendant stated that the 1 bedroom suites are 200, but we stayed in a 2 bedroom suite & those were 269 per night. She stated that there was nothing she could do to help us. A few days later I called & spoke to the front desk manager who apologized for the confusion & reassured me that she would reimburse me the difference. I gave her a few weeks to do so before calling again, this time she said that her manager told her that she could not do that, that the price is what it is. I told her that was not what she told me, she did not say anything about needing approval & that she told me SHE would take care of it. ANYWAY, long story short her manager right out refused to answer my calls or call me back. & I had to pay $207 more than I had anticipated for our stay.

Room Tip: Get a receipt upon check-in
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank kahjam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
2 mi away
#3 of 7 in Gorham
The Lodge at Bretton Woods
The Lodge at Bretton Woods
#2 of 2 in Bretton Woods

Been to Cabot Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!