“Okay”
Review of Cabot Inn & Suites

Cabot Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The receptionist was wonderful, pleasant, upgraded our room, assisted us with coin operated soda/water machine. We didn't ask for the upgrade nor did we ask for help with the machine. She is just customer service oriented. The room was clean but surely showing signs of aging. When we went down to breakfast (usual continental fare with waffle maker), the room was over flowing with people, especially children. They have a much larger space adjoining the breakfast area. Should have opened it up. We chose to elsewhere for breakfast. They used to have a lovely dining room with very good food. As I say, they are on the decline. The price is also higher than I would expect for the quality.

Room Tip: Back side is where the view is. Very nice one! Also more quiet - away from traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Just returned from our trip to Santa's Village. What a wonderful vacation it was. For the second year in a row, we stayed at the Cabot Inn. We had a very enjoyable stay there. The rooms were perfect, nice and clean and a good size. The stay included breakfast in the morning-make your own waffles cereal, bagels, toast etc. juice and coffee. Perfect before the 3 mile trip down the road to Santa's Village. IT's so convenient to Santa's Village-right on the same street! The price was great and the pool and hot tub was fun and relaxing after a long day with the kids at Santa's Village. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the Santa's Village package!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Arrived on Friday, reservations were fine. The check-in counter was staffed with a very friendly person. Front lobby was very nice and clean. Went to our room and after a 4 hour ride from Cape Cod, of course we needed to use the bathroom. Water was pouring from the ceiling dripping on my left knee. The bathroom floor was soaked. We called the front desk and the very kind person said she would send someone. Eventually, (about an hour) two men came and looked and agreed the
Ceiling was leaking from the third floor above. Asked if they could clean the floor,but out of necessity and four bladders, we had cleaned the floor ourselves. Very hungry, we went to the attached restaurant. Ordered dinner, prices were very high but, oh well that's what vacation spots are for. Ordered a rack of ribs, delicious. A blooming onion, never knew what a raw onion with dripping uncooked batter tasted like, was like the consistency of a fresh apple and breadcrumbs soaked in milk. I know what you are thinking.... yummy lol. My grand daughters Mac and cheese was like macaroni floating in soupy cheese whiz. Yum again. So whAt could help this evening. A nice hot bath....ahhh. Went back to our room and turned the hot water in the bath tub... oh no... the bath tub stopper did not work.... argh. Called the desk. We were told, nothing they can do. Being a contractor (retired) I dis assembled the drain. There was so much hair in the drain it clogged the draining operation. I, yuck, cleaned it out, but it had been so long that it worked, it was very oxidized. Oh well, hot bath the next vacation. Did I mention the room and house keeping were very clean. Oh by the way, free WiFi, sure it was free because it was an extremely weak signal. Roomwas clean though. A gorgeous view and close to Santa's village. I recommend if you bring your own bathroom.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank diane s
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed here last week after a day at Santa's Village with my mom, my sister and her husband, and their three children. We chose it because it was close by, there was a playground, the view was absolutely spectacular, and the pool area looked great on the website.

We got there and checked into our rooms; mine was clean and comfortable, again- spectacular view. My brother-in-law however, found a half eaten apple tucked into the bedding. I met him in the lobby carrying this apple, and at least the gentleman behind the front desk was very apologetic, offered to switch his room and logged the complaint.

The pool area was clean and bright. The water, however, was so cold. I used to swim at the lake as a kid and that's what the water felt like. I got into the hot tub however, and the water was the perfect temperature for me and it felt great after a long day walking around in the park.

The beds were comfortable and I fell asleep immediately and almost slept through breakfast.

Speaking of breakfast. It was a free continental breakfast. They have one of those waffle makers where you make your own, I seriously want to buy one. The food was good, the area was clean and spacious. What I witnessed while I was waiting for my sister and her family to finish up took the cake.

An elderly man hobbled into the dining room and he couldn't move without holding onto something. He was alone, and he wanted to bring breakfast back to his room so he could eat with his wife who had her own health problems. He asked someone if they had a tray he could carry back to his room and the attendant behind the front desk (different from the apple incident), came in and told him she didn't have any and walked off.

Now it was obvious this gentleman wasn't going to be able to get breakfast back to his room, I don't think he could have done it even with a tray. So while my jaw rested on the floor, I got up and helped him get his breakfast ready, my brother-in-law got spoons and napkins and I carried it down to his room for him so he could enjoy breakfast with his wife.

It took all of 2 minutes.

I can shrug off a lot because I know what it's like to work in an understaffed business. Sometimes people forget things and mistakes do get made. But there's no excuse for poor customer service. In this situation you're not just representing the hotel, you're also putting your character out there, and she came up short.

We would have said something upon check out, but she was working behind the counter at the time. Needless to say, we won't be checking back in anytime soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Rebecca T
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed at the Cabot Inn because we were attending a wedding reception there , and they gave a 10% discount to the wedding party. We did not have high expectations, especially after reading some previous reviews, so we were pleasantly surprised. Our king size room had a loveseat, flat screen TV, refrigerator, table and two chairs, and a lovely view of the mountains. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. We would definitely return. To earn 5 stars, they should fix the water pressure in the shower (much too low) although the water was hot. Also, the hot tub seemed to have some grit in the bottom; the tub itself seems fairly new and clean. Manager Tracy Dunnells was very pleasant and helped us arrange a discounted room at the last minute for a late-arriving wedding guest. The regular room rates are reasonable too. The continental breakfast was very basic, but Tracy says they will have a regular restaurant up and running within the next few weeks.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Carol S
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I am reviewing the Knights Inn in Metairie. I keep changing this on the list, but that doesn't even work right. I booked this hotel because of the location to the airport and the 4 star rating online. This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at in my entire life! The halls smelled of urine and there was chicken bones all over the parking lot. I had my two little girls with me and I was fearful for their safety. We got in at midnight and had to catch a flight at six in the morning. If it wasn't for that, they couldn't have paid me to stay in that place. They also made me pay $82 in advance for the room which they said was non-refundable. I traveled for a living for over 3 years, and I have had to stay in some bad places, but this one was the very worst I have ever seen!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Decided to check out the gym and pool. Walking into the gym was a bit scary. It seems housekeeping does not cover this part of the hotel. Garbage in and on equipment dirt and grime everywhere. Although I should have known better I decided to go swimming. First thing I noticed was you couldn't see the bottom. Then once I saw the mold and mildew all around the edge of the pool I was out of there!!! Good luck to all who dare to go.

• Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank Karen R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
2 mi away
#3 of 7 in Gorham
The Lodge at Bretton Woods
The Lodge at Bretton Woods
#2 of 2 in Bretton Woods

Been to Cabot Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!