We stayed at the Lancaster Motor Inn twice this Columbus Day Weekend. It cost HALF of what I was quoted for a hotel right down the road! The room was everything we required: clean, truly non-smoking (we've had difficulties elsewhere where non-smoking rooms left us with respiratory equipment that reeked of cigarettes), and quiet even though we were the second room from the street. The staff was very friendly and helpful, going above and beyond the call of duty in getting our computer online with their free wifi (their computer guy works for a major company doing IT).
We only planned to stay one night, but an unfortunate meeting of a turkey and our windshield left us with no wheels until the Tuesday after the holiday. We went back to the Lancaster Motor Inn and they accomodated us at the last minute. The hotel is in the center of downtown Lancaster, so we were able to walk everywhere: a grocery store, Irish pub, pharmacy, McDonalds, a flea market, an upscale breakfast and lunch restaurant called the Moonbeam Cafe, shops, a covered bridge, the post office, library, farmers' market, churches that had great suppers this weekend, and a fun art-deco movie theater. A very stressful time for us was made easier by our staying there - we really could not have landed in a better place for two people on foot (and one of us uses a cane!)
This would be a terrific place to stay if you are budget conscious, especially with a family. Santa's Village is about 10 minutes east of here and Six Gun City about 20 minutes. There is a park the kids can run in about 2 minutes walk west of the hotel. When we had our car, we ran our niece and nephew down to Littleton to the world's longest candy counter (yup, it's in the Guinness Book of Records!) (about 1/2 an hour away). Staying at the Lancaster Motor Inn saved us enough money to let the kids loose with no limits at the candy store and to take us all to the Pub 99 restaurant in Littleton for less than I would have even paid for the hotel room at the first place I called. Made this frugal Yankee heart real happy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exterior corridor Motel, Free parking in front of rooms, Large clean rooms have A queen bed with pull out sofa or two DBL beds. All Rooms have Free Fridge/Microwave/VCR, Free Movies, Free Continental breakfast and Free WIFI internet access. Center of town location. Near by Restaurants and shopping. The Motel is only 5 minutes away from Santa's Village and Six Gun City Attractions. close to many Ski Resorts. Close by public swimming pool. You can snowmobile from your Motel to corridor 5 directly. Minute from Famous Lancaster Fair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lancaster Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancaster Motor Hotel Lancaster
- Lancaster Motor Inn NH - White Mountains