“Very Clean but some issues”

Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Lebanon
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Firstly, I booked this hotel at a discount and I will be writting my review based on that, If I had paid full price it would be a much different review!
Location- Great! Near the highway and right next to a grocery store.
Check in- Also Great! Front desk was extremly nice, in fact ALL the staff was wonderful.
Cleanliness- ABOVE EXCELLENT!! This is the cleanest hotel room I have been in! I was amazed at the level of cleaness especially since it has a stove etc , I thought it would be somewhat messy, but not the case!
Rooms-
The rooms were nice, there were some issues though.
One- our freezer did not work and unfortuantly we didn't know this until we took out the ice cream we purchased and it was soup.
Two- They didn't have any dish detergent, or sugar. Usually when you rent a romm at a residence inn there is regular sugar and some liquid dish soap (no big deal but an observation)
three- Water pressure in the shower was extremely low, to the point it was almost pointless to take a shower, it basicly dripped out of the shower head and NO I am not beging dramatic.
Four- our room was slowly falling apart, the bathroom door handle came undone. Bathroom floor tile had a huge crack running down the middle, tub was chipped and rusting, the sink had been patched in several places. The dishwasher detergent holder was broken and wouldn't shut. (not a big deal , due to the price I paid)
Five- The rooms had paper thin walls. All night I heard the herd of elephants upstairs running back and forth. You could also hear the people next door.
six- The pool didn't have any towles and you had to go through the hallways dripping.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. I'm pleased to hear that our staff was "extremely nice and wonderful". I apologize that although your suite was very clean, the overall condition did not meet your expectations. I have passed your comments on to our maintenance crew who will continue to make it their goal to update and repair our suites.

Please feel free to contact me directly the next time you are in town so that I may ensure your stay is a success.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

We always enjoy staying at a Residence Inn and this one was no exception. Clean comfortable beds. Dish washer was great for washing baby bottles. Breakfast the next morning was tasty. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience at the Residence Inn with other travelers. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and were comfortable in our spacious suites. Creating a memorable stay is always our goal. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting our area.

Reviewed 2 June 2012

I was very impressed with the staff & service at this hotel. The staff went out of their way to meet guests needs and make each encounter pleasant. The rooms are clean, spacious and equipped with kitchen utensils, plates, glasses and pots & pans. They also offer breakfast & nightly foods.I will definitely stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
LebRes, Director of Sales at Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at the Residence Inn with other Trip Advisor members. We truly appreciate your kind words and recognizing our staff's committment to going the extra mile for our guests. Our mission is to provide exemplary service.

I'm happy to hear that we will be able to welcome you back the next time you are visiting the Upper Valley.

Reviewed 16 May 2012

Hotel is well located with beautiful mountains view. Room is comfortable and CLEAN, with living room and kitchen.
When we checked in dinner was waiting for us (complementary), and was actually very good comfort food, served with nice young greens salad and a glass of wine.
It feel like at home, it's stormy tonight and I'm writing the review in the comfort of the living room feet up and at the sound of the rain.
Not to far, a food coop, and a gym center with pool (free access for clients).
Front desk staff, really nice and going the extra mile to make you feel home. Will be back.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Laura V
LebRes, Director of Sales at Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

I appreciate you ending your day of travel by submitting a favorable review of your first night's experience at the Residence Inn. I'm happy to hear you arrived in time to enjoy some comfort food on a stormy night and that our welcoming staff made you feel at home.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Upper Valley.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

This location was exceptionally convenient to the highways and attractions of this part of
NH/VT. The setting is lovely, right next to the woods and there is a Margarita's restaurant
(Mexican) and grocery store within easy walking distance. The room was very clean and well
appointed, and the studio-king was ample sized for 2. The only downside was that there must
have been a visiting college team in town because there were college vans in the parking lot, kids standing around drinking in the parking lot next door, and LOUD kids gabbing and running
down the hall way until after midnight when we finally yelled at them. ("Parenting 101") .
I think this is always a danger of picking a hotel in a college town on a weekend, however.
Other than that, it was great.

Room Tip: Ask for something in the back with a view of the woods. Beware the partying college kids!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bebrbabe
LebRes, Director of Sales at Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Thank you for the nice review. We take every review to heart and appreciate the time it takes to leave a thoughtful and constructive opinion that can only assist in improving our service. Our staff is dedicated to exceeding our guests’ expectations. Your understanding of the benefits and challenges of being located near a college town are is commendable.

We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

I picked this hotel because my daughter had an appointment at the hospital early in the morning. I chose this hotel also because of the kitchen and pool/hot tub. Check in was standard, not overly friendly, they did upgrade our room which was nice. However we were not told the hot tub was out of service. Now for someone who is on business or by themselves, it might not be a big deal, however I was with my 7 year old daughter who has special needs and the whole experience seemed to be about the hot tub for her. We were not told at check in that is was broken, we were not told in advance either, we found out for ourselves after we unpacked, went grocery shopping, and went down in our bathing suits to be disappointed. Honestly we would have stayed at another hotel as my daughter was very upset. The pool was still working but it was extremely cold, so she of course did not want to be in there long. I just want to say that I was very disappointed about this and wish I had known, and that the staff had mentioned this.
Breakfast was fine, the room was fine, beautiful flat screen tv's but with no HD channels which made the channels blurry. The room was quiet, and clean, however there was some mold in the shower. Beds were comfortable, checkout was fine. It was nice to have the coop next door to get groceries.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank k_cook36

First let me thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay and let me apologize for any disappointment you or your daughter experienced. I’m happy we had the opportunity to provide a complimentary upgrade that would ensure your comfort and help to make your stay more enjoyable. It is sometimes a challenge making sure our added amenities are available 100% of the time and still conduct the general maintenance needed to keep the facility safe and clean. I understand your frustration with the lack of communication in regards to our hot tub. In the future we will put a sign up at the front desk alerting guests to any renovations or changes to our standard offerings.

I hope you will give us a chance to make it up to you in the future.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I would like to have given the hotel 3-1/2, because it is better than average. I was placed in an end room on the third floor. I had some concerns about being over one of the parking lots, but I wasn't disturbed by parking noise. Of course, being in New Hampshire tempts one to open the windows to let in the fresh air! Speaking of windows, there were three windows in my room, all of which opened. That was a nice treat.

This hotel is along the main road leading from I-89 to Hanover and Dartmouth College. I was in town for business at the College.

My room was comfortable and large enough and to the standard of a Residence Inn along a highway.

I held back from giving a higher rating because my room had been smoked in and the hotel hadn't cleared the smell. I stay at Marriott properties because of the non-smoking policy. Walking into a room that smells like an ashtray is a turnoff, as is seeing burn marks alongside the bathroom basin.

The Internet was down the night of my stay, which was frustrating. Consistent Internet is an expectation these days.

That said, I am likely to give this hotel another opportunity.

Room Tip: I recommend the third floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank RMA626

I appreciate you taking the time to provide constructive comments that will assist us in improving our service to our valued guests. I apologize that the condition of your suite was not up to par, that surely is not our standard and we put a high value on upholding the Marriott non-smoking standard.

I’m happy to report that we have successfully upgraded our internet with new boxes from our provider and the internet so the internet will be consistent and reliable for your next stay. I’m happy to hear that you will give us another chance.

Please feel free to contact me directly on your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Courtyard Hanover Lebanon
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Lebanon
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#2 of 8 in White River Junction
Six South St Hotel
Six South St Hotel
#2 of 2 in Hanover

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Hanover Lebanon? Share your experiences!