“Cost cutting has gone to extremes” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon

Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Lebanon
“Cost cutting has gone to extremes”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

You will find that Marriott has decided that cost cutting is worth far more than customer satisfaction. One tiny bar of soap for both the bathroom and the shower. The lighting in the shower area similar to a night light and they no longer provide laundry bags. If you complain to customer care you get a response that is impersonal and doesn't care at all.

Room Tip: Bring your own soap
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DGreen442
LebRes, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear DGreen442,
Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay at the Lebanon Residence Inn by Marriott. I apologize for the what you perceive as what is going on at the property. Residence Inn's no longer offer 2 bar soaps in the suites but have switched the bath bar to a body wash. This change is made from extensive market research as to what guest's prefer when traveling. As far as the valet bags, unfortunately we ran out of this item but have reordered them. The bathroom lighting issue points to a need to change the light bulb.
It is every associate's goal to ensure your stay is the best that it possibly can be and apparently we did not achieve this with this stay which I am truly sorry for.
I appreciate your patronage to Marriott Hotels and Resorts and my property.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Newport, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

I go to the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center from time to time for various medical needs and always stay at this Marriott since it is right across the road from the Medical Center. It offers suites which include a full kitchen and a Queen-size bed (the Residence Inn Marriotts do not usually offer a King size bed) and a full, complimentary breakfast as well as a modest complimentary dinner. The rooms, as in all of the Marriott Hotels in which I have stayed, are perfectly clean with good work space and good lighting for reading and well worth the price for the stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Stephen607,
Thank you for sharing your glowing review of your opinion about our hotel. This review could be used in our marketing program.
I appreciate your patronage to Marriott Hotels and Resorts and our property. We look forward to your return when you visit Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.
Whitefield, ME
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

This Marriott is perfectly located for anyone needing to be near the Dartmouth medical center. There is also an excellent grocery store nearby. The rooms include a kitchenette with 2 stove burners and a full size refrigerator, so you can prepare simple meals. Breakfast and a light supper are included in the price, as is a shuttle service to the medical center. Also included is free use of the superb fitness club across the street. A network of sidewalks is nearby if you want to go out for a walk. My only complaint is the wireless -- always screws up my MacBook Pro for at least a week after staying here.

• Stayed August 2014
      Rooms
Dear snoluvr_24,
Thank you for sharing your experience from your stay with us. I am happy to read that for the most part you enjoy staying with us except for the MacBook issue after check out. I am not sure what that could be related to but I am sorry you have this frustration after you leave.
I appreciate your patronage to Marriott Hotels and Resorts and our property. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

One night here, a big room with an excellent bed and kitchen facilities. Great; helpful staff and a great place to stay close to the interstate. A food store and a Mexican restaurant a 5 minute walk away. I would for sure come back here!

Room Tip: Top floor, I believe the third.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LebRes, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear dt400blows,
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience about your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed everything about your stay.
We look forward to a return visit from you.
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We have stayed here many many times over the 4 years our daughter attended Dartmouth and found it a nice place. I'm a Marriott Reward Silver member. For graduation we reserved and paid one year in advance for 3 rooms for 3 nights (super expensive rates too). When we realized we only needed two rooms, we went on the Marriott website and canceled the reservation and got an cancellation acknowledgement. Only it turns out the policy of THIS property was not to refund graduation reservations. OK, I said. So give me my room back and I'll find someone who can use it. Matt the manager said, "We can't do that because we've already re-booked it." Ok if you've already booked it,, give me my refund. "No we can't our because our policy states that its non-refundable". Finally they agreed to refund two nights but not the third. They don't see this as a problem. hmmmm. Now they don't answer me at all. I think this reflects very poorly on the management at this property and I don't recommend you stay here. We have stayed next door at The Courtyard. More cost effective and it has a much more customer friendly management and I recommend you stay in that property. If you decide to stay at Residence, beware of their cancellation policy and lack of concern for your satisfaction.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Spkrman007,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay. As you stated in your post is that you were staying over Dartmouth graduation weekend. Our policy during this special event is that any cancellations would be charged one night's room and tax. You booked your reservations on-line and that policy was stated at time of booking. I am not sure about your conversations with Matt because our policy during this particular weekend is to not resell cancelled reservations based on contracts signed by our guests which you did not have one since you booked it on-line, however, I am aware that we did refund 2 of the night's charged so you were only ultimately charged for the one night cancellation fee which was outlined in your on-line reservation. Your satisfaction is very important to us and because of this we abided by the reservation policies in your on-line reservation.
Manama, Bahrain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our second stay at Residence Inn Hanover was as nice as our first. Easy location and a great Mexican restaurant next door. Great for a visit to Dartmouth College.

Nothing fancy yet clean, comfortable, and friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LebRes, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Susan B,
Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay with us. I am glad to read that you enjoyed it.
I appreciate your patronage to Marriott Hotels and Resorts and my property. I hope the next time you are in the area that you give us another opportunity to serve you.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We have been to this area many times but this was our first time in this hotel. We like to have our own kitchen so we can prepare fresh food or use leftovers from super-sized restaurant meals. I am surprised to read some of the posts here as we had a lovely studio room that was clean and inviting. There is a Food Coop store a two-minute walk from the hotel. It is like a Whole Foods type with prepared foods and a great butcher and fish counter, etc. You could easily stay at this hotel and prepare your own fresh food. The kitchen is well stocked -- we even had a measuring cup and colander. The front desk staff were super! Don has a great sense of humor and was so helpful and friendly. We had a problem with our car and Andrea recommended a super garage - Wilson's - just down the street. They were very competent and helped us right away. The cleaning staff at the hotel were warm and did a good job. Everyone was very professional and there is a huge staff here -- saw several different people over our few day stay. As for negatives for the hotel - the fitness room was under repair but they offered access to a nearby gym -- a better deal really. We did not want to use the pool so I cannot add to what others have posted here. As for the breakfast -- the foods were plentiful but not for me really -- I prefer to make fresh eggs in our room and we bought great sausages at the Food Coop. The evening meals offered by the hotel were also not for us....mostly foods we do not eat -- and on the par with a school cafeteria. That's too bad really. They should do away with it altogether and charge less for the room or serve something better. (We were told though that their manager had recently passed away and that he was he one who had arranged the meals etc. and they were understandably in the midst of addressing shifting responsibilities for staff etc.) On the whole we liked our experience here and would like to come again on our next trip.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor and far from the elevator. Very pleased.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
Dear Cohenprof,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Courtyard Hanover Lebanon
#3 of 7 in Lebanon
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction

Been to Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon? Share your experiences!