“Good food in tired hotel”

Garden Court Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 67 Restaurants in Lebanon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed at the hotel while on a business trip and decided to stay in for dinner. Restaurant was just about empty. Thought I would eat in the bar, which only had four stools! That being said dinner was really quite good. Nice variety on the menu. I chose to keep it low key. Excellent burger cooked perfectly with great crispy fries and onion rings (might have been homemade). Attentive and friendly staff. Very few people came in all night which made me think it's not a restaurant locals frequent, but for those staying on business it works fine.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I am from the lebanon area and just found out that the Garden Court Restaurant in the Fireside Inn is open to the public. A friend of mine just started working there so I brought my whole family. What a beautiful setting and the food was amazing! I could tell everything had been made fresh from scratch.I hesitate to tell everyone about it because I want to keep this all to myself but, I have to give "props" where it is due. My family and friends and I will be back!

3  Thank Doris3214
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Had to stay the night at the Fireside Inn because of bad weather. So glad I did because I enjoyed a wonderful certified black angus burger with homemade onion rings.

1  Thank Daina S
Reviewed 21 November 2013

After seeing their sign advertising a daily breakfast buffet and taking a quick look at the beautiful room a couple of months ago (after the buffet was closing at 10AM), I decided to give this one a try. Never again! I got seated quite quickly in the virtually empty room at 8:15. That should have been a warning. Coffee came immediately and I went to explore the buffet offerings. Unfortunately, that took me all of a minute, and things went down hill from there. All they had for hot food was scramble eggs that had obviously been sitting for quite a while (perhaps from the day before), crunchy bacon, and a cheddar and ham quiche that was virtually petrified, with almost no cheddar and even less ham. There was a pancake maker, with a sign saying don't use, and a waffle iron, with no batter. I tried to toast a pretty stale english muffin, and after almost 5 minutes gave up...it got barely brown, but even more stale. Orange juice was watery and almost tasteless...kind of like orange cool-aid. Coffee was good, but only managed to get two refills to a pretty small cup, partly because of the arrival of a college basketball team which was staying at the hotel and only one lonely waitress. Quite expensive compared to other local options. If you are staying at the Firestone Inn, which this is part of, have a breakfast voucher, and don't want to go out, then it's tolerable. It certainly is pretty. Otherwise, it's on-par with chain hotel free breakfasts and quite expensive for walk-ins. Granted that breakfast buffets are difficult, but this one is pretty low on the scale. If the coffee hadn't been good and the room beautiful, I'd have rated this terrible.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

The atmosphere was quiet,(similar to a Northwest Lodge), spacious, and well-staffed. The food was tasty, served hot and the portions were more than adequate. The ice cream was real New England dairy style.