“Great Down to Earth Food”
Review of The Lebanon Diner

The Lebanon Diner
Ranked #22 of 66 Restaurants in Lebanon
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Great Down to Earth Food”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stopped by this morning for breakfast and found the restaurant delightful. The food is all local grown and fresh. A rarity is fresh fruit and the coffee was above average. You will not be disappointed!

• Visited August 2013

Lebanon NH
“Really nice people, good food”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The Lebanon Diner is a fairly recent addition to the food scene in Lebanon, and a welcome one. The style is retro 50's style diner with black/white floor tiles, cozy tables lined up along a wall next to a usually-full counter with tall chairs, and choice larger tables by the large front window.

The food is good basic diner food, with the added bonus of daily gluten-free options (much appreciated, since I am gluten-sensitive). The coffee is just fine and everything we've ordered there has been very good.

There aren't very many places in Lebanon, NH for breakfast - and the Lebanon Diner is the only b'fast AND lunch place in downtown Lebanon, other than Quikmart-type places and the truck stop by exit 18.

But the main reason to visit the Diner is to meet the incredibly nice people who own (and run) it, and to experience a real hometown diner frequented by locals. In a world of out-of-state-owned chain restaurants with profits flowing away to big companies with anonymous stockholders, we are glad to support locally-owned places that actually provide a living wage for our neighbors.

• Visited July 2013
Lebanon, New Hampshire
“Not Going To Hurry Back”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I visited this spot for breakfast, hoping I'd discovered a convenient in-town spot for breakfast (aside from Dunkin' Donuts or the local truck-stop restaurant!) My Mom and I had a seat by the window, and immediately felt a sort of subtly hostile atmosphere. The half-dozen or so other patrons all looked grumpy, and there were only two people behind the counter. Service was courteous, but minimal, and it took a little while for our food to arrive. I had an omelette, which was pretty much rubber. Mom stuck with a muffin and coffee, and neither were anything to cheer over. The family seated at the next table were so close that the little girl seated immediately behind my mother kept rocking her chair into my mother's, prompting a seat change on our part. Perhaps we hit the place at a bad time, but based on the cost of our meal and the quality of what we received, I've yet to be inspired to return.

Visited February 2013
Brownsville, Vermont
“Great food.”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

We really like the Lebanon Diner. The couple that owns it is very enthusiastic about their business and about the food they offer. There are a few items that are "standard fare", but nothing seems ordinary. Most items are made fresh, such as french fries; he cuts up a potato with a knife and puts them in the frier when you order them. The corned beef hash is made from scratch, and is the best hash I've ever had. Their soup is homemade. Every meal has the option of coming with fresh fruit instead of french fries.

I will agree with some of the other reviewers that said the menu is limited. I do not necessarily consider this a bad thing. By keeping a smaller menu and having the majority of the orders coming from the Specials Menu, they are able to offer fresher food and still remain a profitable business. And their food is fresh! Just about everything is sourced locally, and I believe they don't have a can-opener in the building.

The location is great; right on the green in Lebanon. We will continue to stop in for lunch, and now that Stella's is closed in Hartland, this will probably become our Saturday morning breakfast spot.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank gulloj
Lebanon, NH
“I love the diner !”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

The food is always very good and tasty and ambiance is friendly. Specials are yummy. I love the chocolate-chocolate chip muffin, the omelets and the hashbrowns !

• Visited February 2013