“Excellent Pub food and friendly service!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 66 Restaurants in Lebanon
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: An American style pub brewery offering something for everyone! Brewing fine and fresh ales - 8 on tap to choose from. Full-service menu and a full children's menu.
Lebanon, New Hampshire
“Excellent Pub food and friendly service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is an excellent restaurant if you are looking for some good food in a nice setting. They offer their own selection of brews along with some of the favorite standards. The food is quality and delicious! You can get anything from a burger to some of their specialties like Cock-a-leekie Pie, my absolute favorite! We ordered their sampler of their own brews and had a good time tasting the different varieties. Even though this is a pub, go ahead and bring the kids or non-drinkers...the food is definitely worth it!

Somerville, Massachusetts
“decent pub”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

This pub and brewery in West Lebanon is right off I-89 so I have stopped here many times on trips through NH to NY and VT. It is a comfortable and easy spot for an inexpensive meal. The food is not off-the-charts by any means, but it's standard pub food and there is a pretty wide variety of options. I often stick to the burgers which are just fine. I also recommend the red ale, but of course there are a variety of choices for beer, which you can also get in a growler, to go.

• Visited August 2013
Tunbridge, Vermont, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I'm not giving up on the place, but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Last week, my fiancee and I stopped at your restaurant for a nice, relaxing dinner. This was where we had our first date, where he proposed and, naturally, we are semi-regulars. We have fond memories and want to keep coming back.

That said, last week left something to be desired. We arrived around 6 p.m. to a very busy establishment and overheard another party being told it would be a fifteen minute wait. We shrugged it off and, since we had an errand to run anyway, we would just step out and do that while waiting for a table to open up.

Well, our jaunt turned into a half hour and, when we came back, the party that had been waiting previously was still waiting. Supposedly, there was still a wait, which looked to be indeterminate. Okay, annoying, but bearable. Then, a couple came in after us and were immediately seated.

Say what? That was when the host finally divulged that he had a table for a two-person party. He had never asked us if we were a two-person party and argued the point with me when I spoke up. He had assumed we were with the party of four that had been there. He copped a genuine attitude about the whole thing like it was our fault that we didn't do his job for him. For the record, we have always been asked if we wanted a table for two. We have never had to provide that information.

Well, our oh-not-so-gracious host got word that a table was opening up for us and immediately parked his butt at a table to wrap up some silverware into napkins. He didn't say anything more to us, not even an apology.

Originally, we were seated a little table, but when a booth emptied, our awesome waiter upgraded us. Aside from the minor annoyance of a pared-down menu, our service picked up from the rocky start we encountered. As I said, our waiter rocked and did his best to stay attentive even as he was absolutely slammed. I have no grudge against him as he retained a pleasant and professional demeanor. As for the host of the evening, he might do well finding another line of work. I don't think working with the public is his strong point.

Again, we have had some good times at this place. We really hope that the bugs are worked out, because we don't want to give up on it. However, the people in charge really need to be a little choosier at who they have working the front. Turning customers off at the front dor is not a good way to run a business and pissing off your repeat customers is a recipe for disaster.

But our waiter was fantastic! I want to stress that he was the bright spot in an experience otherwise made of fail. Get your act together, Seven Barrel! You've hired pleasant, competent hosts before and you can do it again!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Christine M, General Manager at The Seven Barrel Brewery, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Valued Customers,
All of us at The Seven Barrel Brewery would like to thank the many of you that have taken your valuable time to leave us important feedback and constructive criticisms about how you think we are doing. As our slogan advocates, “Beer is why we work”, we wholeheartedly believe in this motto.
Whether it is your first visit with us or you’re a regular customer, we do our very best to bring a little something special into the day of every patron that enter our little brewpub. Good beer, uncomplicated bites and honest conversation is what we are.
Do we get it right every time? Unfortunately not. Do we always strive to meet every customer’s expectation? Absolutely! We are honest and hardworking and want to be good at what we do. Keep the feedback coming!
Graciously Yours,
The Seven Barrel Brewery
Cumberland, Maryland
“Very Mediocre”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed in White River Junction and I wanted to eat at the Tip Top Cafe. The hotel manager recommended Lui Lui (Italian in West Lebanon)....but my husband wanted something different, so we settled on Seven Barrel Brewery. We both like micro brews. I have to say that the beer choices were not really that enchanting. Most were hoppy and bitter selections. I settled on the oatmeal beer (safe) and hubby had one of the new taps....very bitter though. For dinner, he had a bowl of soup and I had the something called Cock-A-Leekie. It was supposed to be a chicken, potato and carrot stew. It arrived and I found only two bite sized pieces of chicken. It tasted good, but I showed the waitress the two pieces of chicken and she came back and reported that she mentioned this to the manager. I don't know, maybe I am spoiled, but I really did think she'd come back with more chicken, or at least the manager would come over and talk to us. No such event! We finished the dinner, which was mediocre at best and I think for $25 just for this small amount of food, that it was over priced. Next time, I'll stick with my preference or the hotel managers recommendation for dinner!

Dover, New Hampshire
“Great service, decent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

My husband and I ate here on a Saturday night. We arrived about 6:45-7:00 and were seated right away. Our server, Alora, was pleasant and friendly. I ordered an item that was on their special menu (not a special, printed on a board, but an actual separate menu). They were out of that item - a steak with a Dijon cream sauce. I was not happy and Alora went back to the kitchen to ask about it immediately (excellent customer service), Turned out that they had no more of the steaks but could cut some for us. Rather than ask them to go to that trouble, we opted to have the strip steak instead and they agreed to put the sauce on that at no extra charge. I didn't like the vegetable choices so she offered she offered me a salad instead. The salad was fresh and the honey mustard dressing was delicious. The entrée was okay - the steak was well cooked (I had medium and my husband medium-well and both were correctly cooked), but there was a lot of gristle on the meat so that took away from the enjoyment of the meal. I had a baked potato - which was fine and my husband had the mashed potato, also fine. We split a chocolate mousse for dessert which was quite good. I also had after dinner coffee which was also good. The atmosphere was what you would expect in a brew-pub, lots of wood and brewery items. We didn't have beer but the table next to us had samplers which looked to be a cool way to check out the local beers. The whole meal came to $47 so the prices were pretty good. Not our best meal ever, but we would probably go back if we were in the area again.