“always satisfies”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Whenever I'm in the area I always eat here at least once and usually more than once. Lately it seems like it is slipping a bit but still a good place to satisfy a seafood craving at comparatively good prices. Their wicked good twins on Thursday nights are great. They seem to have a high staff turnover but I've never had a complaint with the food or service.

1  Thank kevin c
There are newer reviews for Weathervane Seafood Restaurants

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Wife had a lobster roll, I had a lobster pie, both with baked potato. Potatoes had been around for a day or two, roll good, pie greasy, lobster in the pie could have gotten better at the frozen food section of your super market.
Service unorganized and unresponsive. Facility full, depressing and falling apart. Needs attention to deferred maintenance, from pot holes in parking lot to rotting stairs and walkway which haven't been painted in 20 years...... Tired, tired, tired... No pride in ownership or hospitality.

1  Thank F A P
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This chain of seafood restaurants was started in 1969 in Kittery, Maine. We have been in several all over. This particular place in West Lebanon is resting on the company's laurels!!! Starting at the broken threshold of the door that is damaged and uneven enough to trip on, the place needs to be upgraded. Here we are in May, and the flowers in the bathroom are feeble, plastic poinsettias. The poorly-vented bathrooms smell like wet diapers are still in the trash-cans. Even the shelf outside the restrooms looks like it has not been wiped recently. I ordered native shrimp and baked potato. They were cooked well, but on a VERY small plate to make the portion look larger!!! The coleslaw came in a small, cardboard cup that got soggy and collapsed. The rolls were of the CHEAPEST type not worth eating. The booth tables are rough and do not even have paper mats.
The clam chowder had very few clams, not worth the $5, and the strawberry shortcake was a another waste of $5 as the "shortcake" was chewy and the portion of strawberries scant. Were I to risk another lunch, I would try the $9.99 combo available Monday to Thursday only.
Many locals go there with coupons that they get in the local papers. I guess you could go on-line to get the coupons, but why bother?

2  Thank scottishvermonter
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We had lunch here before heading to the southern part of the state. We were return clients and had eaten here many times before.

My husband ordered the Lobster roll with a side of onion rings -- well, he got a hot dog bun with about a quarter of a cup of lobster, and the rest mayo, celery, etc - the SIDE of onion rings took over the whole plate with the roll on the side. This plate should have been called Onion Rings with a side of lobster roll. The Lobster roll was one of the "Specials of the Day". Cost was about $16.

I would have ordered another of their specials of the day, the Trio Platter, but it includes shrimp and I cannot eat shrimp (allergies), so the waiter pointed me to a Broiled platter with 3 seafoods, which I ordered. When my plate arrived, I had a mound of mash, two very small pieces of salmon (totalling about 1.5 cu.inches), two pieces of haddock (about the same size as the salmon) and 4.5 bay (or baby) scallops, all for change on $20. This was disgustingly overpriced, and I was very disappointed as in the past, we have had more fish on our plates. They need to have a Monday Lunch Price menu, since obviously, they are very low on supplies and their supplier does not come till later in the day.

We decided to go here, instead of Panera's, as we had not been to the Weathervane in a long time ... what a big mistake we made. Unfortunately, we did not ask to speak to the manager, and I doubt that we will be returning here anytime soon.

Weathervane used to be a good place to eat. It will be a very long time (if ever), till this heals and we can return to this restaurant.

2  Thank br_luv2travl
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Way better than a chain food outlet like Chili's, Applebee's, The 99, etc. The seafood is always fresh, the fryers and griddles are clean, so you don't taste what the last 50 people ordered. Portions are more than satisfying. Seating is much like any other coastal fry shop, and Clean. Highly recommended!

1  Thank spl31166