“Appauled”

Dining options: Reservations
Bennington, VT
“Appauled”
Reviewed 18 February 2013 via mobile

After making a reservation we waited for an hour and a half for our table. This should have been our first indication to run, but our children were excited for hiabachi. Once seated we had to flag the manager down to take our order. After ordering we had to remind our waitress 3 times that we had also ordered sushi. Once she brought the sushi it was so warm from sitting out I couldn't eat it. When sending it back she was so rude we left our table. Went to find a manager, a waitress posed as a manager and tried to bill us for entrees and drinks we never received. When I questioned it the waitress quickly told us to leave as the real manager approached. We had to get our own drinks from the bar. It was surreal how terrible this experience was. I have been a tripadvisor reviewer for years this is the first bad review I have left. It was more than bad, the place should be ashamed. We were on a weekend away and spent 3 hours of our Saturday night at a restaurant that we didn't get food at. We ended up at the Wendy's down the street where surprisingly the food and service were better. We were offered a giftcard for our trouble but declined. I will never ever set foot in a Koto based on this sad excuse for an establishment.

1 Thank erinkhogan

nh
“pleasant surroundings”
Reviewed 30 January 2013

went for lunch--very quiet--excellent service, very good sushi--a pleasing experience-- a little out of the way at the end of a long commercial strip but right next to Home depot

Visited March 2012
Dimondale, Michigan
“Ton Katsu, Sushi, and Gyoza”
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I lived in Japan for 13 years and I had high hopes of this restaurant being authentic with great food like I find at the Japanese hangouts in NYC. I did not partake in the Hibachi grill festivities as I was by myself but there was a constant flow of people at the hibachi tables and the chefs seemed to make things enjoyable for guests. I am not sure what the hibachi grill items taste like as I did not eat any.

I ordered from the menu: Ton Katsu, Gyoza, Maguro Sushi, and Tekka Maki (Tuna Roll). The gyoza was just okay, the sushi was just okay and the sushi roll was average. The Ton Katsu seemed very dry unlike normal ton katsu which is very flavorful and moist. The presentation of every dish was delightful but the food was not on par for a Japanese restaurant. Maybe it's because the people working at the restaurant are not Japanese. The waitress was outstanding at attending to my every needs...great job to the wait staff!!!

I may come back again and try the Hibachi Grill if I am really craving some Japanese style food but I would not order anything else from the menu.

• Visited January 2013
Ontario
“HIbachi steakhouse in West Leb”
Reviewed 29 August 2012

OK place where we have gone for lunch.
Prices have doubled in last 3 years.
They also have sushi which we have not tried.

Visited August 2012
Norwich, Vermont
“Excellent Sashimi”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I love the Koto for the deluxe sashimi at the sushi bar, where over the years I have got to know the staff. Very friendly, they make their offerings into an art form. I have also enjoyed their miso soup and shrimp tempura.

• Visited July 2012