“Sashimi Portions Getting Smaller and Smaller!”
Review of KOTO Japanese

KOTO Japanese
Ranked #17 of 67 Restaurants in Lebanon
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I have downgraded the Kyoto restaurant, principally, because the sashimi portions are getting smaller and smaller. In the past, I have always loved the De Luxe Sashimi for dinner here, but this time felt that I was being short-changed. I did order an appetizer of Shrimp Tempura and that was excellent.

Perhaps I am now spoilt by the sushi bar at Peking-Tokyo in Lebanon, NH, where I regularly have the Sashimi Bento Box lunch?

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Jane decided she want to celebrate her 60th birthday in a place where everybody, young and old, could enjoy. The folks at Koto's Japanese Steakhouse had everything ready and were very nice.

1  Thank Unreal P
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

We've been going here for several years and it's always great.Wonderful hibachi show-noodles are fantastic.The chefs always are entertaining.My whole family loves it.Try the fried icecream!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is a resteraunt that prepares the food right in front of you. The show the chef puts on is great. They are great entertainers as well as great cooks. The food was wonderful and the portions were more than enough. This is a great place to bring that special person for a romantic night out.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Food is consistently good or very good. However, service is still a problem. Wait staff simply don't seem to know the menu and what comes with what. On a recent visit, after disagreeing with my waitress about just what "sides" my meal included, I actually retrieved a menu and showed it to her. Her apology was nice, but when I go out to dine, I want it to be a pleasant experience, not a hassle. Entrees are well prepared and often delicious. But, why are the soup and side portions so small. Can't you give more than 4-5 ounces of miso soup? And, what's with the skimpy portion of rice?? It's a somewhat more expensive restaurant than most in the Upper Valley, and they need to more generous with the soups and sides. Overall, we go back often because the food is quite good (and when I order, holding the menu in my hand, I review with the waiter just what my meal includes).