“Good Customer Service”

Applebee's
Ranked #34 of 67 Restaurants in Lebanon
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We've been to this location before and had a mediocre meal as our appetizers were warm at best. Being we do enjoy Applebee's we decided to give it another try.
Our waitress was named Skye and was very friendly. She took our order promptly and with a smile. But unfortunately we encountered the same fate. Our appetizers were yet again warm at best and chips were either to greasy or just not cooked. Our main entree tasted fantastic but it too was only warm at best. We did not make a fuss but only told our waitress our concerns. When it was time for the bill a manager came over to speak with us to let us know that he has given us a credit on our bill and apologized for the inconvenience. We did not demand or expect this at all. That's good customer service.

We do enjoy eating out at an Applebee's so this is not a deal breaker, but I'm not really sure if we'll try for a third time at this location if and when we go back to the area.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed in the area for a quick weekend getaway. Came in about 5:30 on Saturday. We were greeted immediately,seated immediately and within moments asked if we would like a drink. Drinks were great (and not overpriced). We tried the new sampler which we chose, pretzels with cheesy beer dipping sauce (how sinful) with extra hot boneless buffalo wings (my husband thought they weren't very spicy but I loved them) and spinach/artichoke dip. All good. Then onto the meals: my husband ordered his usual: steak with garlic shrimp and of course he loved it. I tried one of the new meals, could not for the life of me remember the name buuuut I know there was nothing left on the plate.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

WAS HERE on MAy 7, 2014 .Had a very early dinner at 4:30 PM.. very few tables occupied so we were seated quickly.. The greeter who seated us also took our order// Food was received as expected.
The place got very busy at the end of our meal and our waitress was tied us at several other tables both seating and taking orders, She did stop by once after receiving food and asked if all as OK..but then we didnt see her for another 35 minutes.. 15 of which as after we were done eating.. This my pet peeve about any eating establishment - - no check,, just ignored... but she had he hands full seating customers as well as taking orders. I managed to get our check and as I pulled my wallet out so i could pay and get out of here she walked away as I asked her if i should pay her directly. Not getting an answer and wanting to leave, I walked to the front desk and was told I could leave money t the table.. I advised I needed change, so a fellow appeared after i began complaining and said he would take care of it. Five minutes later he appeared and told me my original waitress would have to handle it.. Another few minutes, and she appeared with my change,m still very busy.. I complained to the hostess ho asked me if I wanted the manager.. I just said I wanted service so she disappeared and this fellow appears from the kitchen ; fiddling with the silverware... As I was counting my change , he apologized..I thought he was a bus boy as he never identified himself as the manager.. Finally I figured he was s he said he hd been busy in the kitchen. Then I went on bout the poorly staffed dining room and he was sort of speechless, apologizing and probably happy to see me leave. Why do they put incompetent management like this in these positions.. WONT BE DOING THIS PLACE AGAIN
i just want my check in reasonable time after eating and be able to pay quickly.I made it clear that the problem here was management with poor staffing , not the waitress.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

...........Long work day with more travel and long work night planned ahead.......

Food was good, but if you ordered appetizer and soup/salad, etc., things arrived too quickly......

Appetizer - clam chowder - was served before Appetizer - Spinach Artichoke dip - then Salad was served before Appetizer - Spinach Artichoke dip - was done...... by two guests.

I understood things were being rushed by that point - and the restaurant was not busy. Plenty of empty tables.

The food was good; the server smiled and all that baloney; but, certainly the emphasis was on getting us in and out the door versus a less-rushed atmosphere. Slow down a little........

Let's face it - this is not fine dining. It is just food. Oh, yeah, dessert was good, but we had to 'ask' for another glass of water - there was no "how is everything?" upon service of entrees.....was just kind of un-nerving.....kind of felt like cattle being herded in and out.....

Reviewed 13 September 2013

The food was actually ok for the price and tasted like other Applebee's offerings I have visited in the US (as it should). Ordered Appetiser and Main (hungry) ..... All arrived quickly ....together!! Now I may be old fashioned but I prefer my courses separately with a little more space for digestion !