“Great Food, low key atmosphere!”
Review of Yama Restaurant

Yama Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 67 Restaurants in Lebanon
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I have driven by this place many times and I am glad we stopped on this trip. The service and the food were very good. I had a Korean spicy squid with veggies dish and my wife had tempura shrimp and veggies. We will go back!

Reviewed 27 April 2013

As others have mentioned, this place is a bit hard to find, as my GPS map keeps directing me to South Main Street, instead of Main Street. From Interstate, head a bit further north if your map directs you incorrectly, and turn left at traffic light...

The place isn't big, only about 10 tables. We had to wait a bit before being seated. There was also quite a few people waiting to take out. A good sign...

The menu consists of both Korean and Japanese items. I choose a pork and rice dish in a hot stone bowl, while my wife chose a kimchi-soup dish in hot stone bowl.

We were served little appetizer vegetable dishes, something that Korean restaurants do. My main dish was very tasty and good. Do be aware that it's spicy. My wife's dish was even spicier! Nevertheless, I really enjoyed my dish.

Great food from a little unexpected restaurant in a small town. Would definitely go back next time I'm in the area.

2  Thank palladia
Reviewed 10 April 2013

My wife and I love this restaurant. We are treated like old friends and VIP's every time we go. Excellent sushi and Korean classics. The home spun decor is fun as well.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

There are two Yamas. One in Hanover and one in West Lebanon. I know some people who eat regularly at Yama and prefer the one in West Lebanon. It is easy to miss it on the Main Street but parking is easy as they have a parking lot.

I met a friend of mine here who is vegan. We had steamed dumplings, sushi, teriyaki tofu and a variety of sauces and tidbits in front of us. We couldn't eat everything. I had a dragon roll with eel on top, which was wonderfully fresh. My friend loved the teriyaki tofu. There were times we were enjoying the food so much, we were silent.

Service was quick and there were people waiting to get a table. The wait on this Friday night while Dartmouth College is in session but it isn't tourist season, we waited about 10 minutes for a table. Be prepared to wait for a table any night.

With all the food we ate, a bag to take home and two sodas, we paid $50 including the tip.

To find Yama in West Lebanon can be a bit tricky at night. It is set off from Main Street but there is a sign by the road. If you are coming from Hartford/Wilder/Hanover area, go through the West Lebanon light (known as "The Point" by the locals) that intersects Main Street and Bridge Street. Start looking on your left for the Yama sign after you go through the light.

If you are coming from West Lebanon Route 12A or the miracle mile, you'll go through the light at Mascoma Bank and the library. Start looking on your right a bit up the road but don't pass the light at the point.

1  Thank ArloBeagleMom
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Living locally, I have eaten at Yama (both locations) and Yama West Lebanon will always be my first choice. It is a no-frills, rather drab interior, but I have never had a bad meal there.
The staff are always friendly, courteous and usually quite attentive to the needs of diners.
The yama roll is my favorite appetizer, as well as steamed dumplings.
I usuallyh opt for chicken served in the traditional hot stone pot. Also excellent is the tofu served in a spicy hot sauce.
I recommend this restaurant to anyone as the prices are very reasonable, service and food excellent.
I eat there at least once monthly, and a restaurant has to be good if I am to go back again and again!!

1  Thank iamguiseppi