“Very Accomodating”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Lebanon
South Kingstown, Rhode Island
“Very Accomodating”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I recently stayed a total of 3 nights at this hotel during a family emergency. My son was in a snowboarding accident and was taken to the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Trauma Center which is conveniently a short drive across the street. I arrived at the hotel at midnight, after ensuring he was stable and in good hands, after a 3.5 hour drive. I did not have a reservation and was hoping they had a room. I was greeted by a very friendly front desk clerk who went out of her way to find me a great room in a quiet section of the hotel which had just been renovated. Not knowing how long I would need to stay, she kindly advised how to best handle the situation and we decided I would reserve for 2 nights informing me I could cancel the 2nd night with no penalty as long as it was before 6pm. The room was spacious, nicely decorated, very comfortable and inviting with plenty of closet and drawer space. The bathroom was large and clean with all the amenities. The entire room and bathroom were exceptionaly clean, had an in room refrigerator and microwave in addition to a coffee pot, and plenty of very fluffy towels. I couldn't have asked for better!
I was informed upon check in that since the hotel was undergoing reservations, a buffet breakfast would be offered each morning free of charge. The food was very good and the there were plenty of choices, both hot and cold.
Every staff member I encountered was friendly, pleasant, and went out of their way to assist in any way they could. It turned out that I needed to stay an additional night and they were very nice in meeting my needs. They also informed me that they have a special "hospital" rate, which was offered without my asking.
I would stay again if I am ever back in the area without hesitation. I feel they couldn't have done a better job helping me in my time of need.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Corinne F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My review is based on a 4 hour stay so it probably isn't the most in depth but from what I saw the hotel was very nice. The night auditor who checked me in - Judy I believe - was an absolute sweet heart.

The breakfast room was undergoing renovations so they offered free breakfast - perfect!

The only thing is we had a corner room on the 1st floor and there was a good amount of noise from people using the side doors to get in and out of the hotel. If you are spending a regualr night and getting up at 7 or 8 this shouldn't bother but if you plan on being in bed a bit longer, try to get a higher floor or at least away from the side doors.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank youngmtl514
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed one night while visiting the area. The rooms are spacious, attractive and clean. They have a sit down breakfast which is currently free. The service at the restaurant was great and besides the typical buffet, they have someone who will make omelets as requested. The hotel is near a strip mall (walking distance) with a food coop store. It is convenient to the hospital. I will return there again.

Room Tip: The fourth floor is currently being renovated
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Susan M
Wilmington Island, Georgia
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I've been in the lodging industry for 30 years and HIGHLY recommend this property. My wife and planned a weekend trip to Hanover to finish Christmas shopping. The staff and hotel are both wonderful. The hotel is currently renovating the guestrooms. The existing rooms were well maintained, modern and clean. I'm guessing that the entire property will go from "Very Good" to "Exceptional" after completing their upgrades. Great job, thank you...keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BrettLoehr
West Hempstead, New York
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This hotel is immaculate, yet they will be upgrading their rooms next week. The pool is always sparkling clean as is the hot tub. Yes, they still have a hot tub despite having to make it accessible. We visit family and although the rooms are large there are 12 of us. Rather than go all the way back to their home we can entertain them in the lounge, play games, get drinks, popcorn etc. The server is pleasant and does not mind us staying. The front desk personnel is always there to give advice on anything and everything. Always has a smile on his face. We use to stay at the residence because of the free breakfast the kids love, but this so much better.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. We know because we get several at a time, for the last two years.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Joan P
New York, United States
Reviewed 30 November 2013

When you stay at a Courtyard, its not about glamour, its about value, and this one in Lebanon nails it. The room was quite comfortable, big TV, seating area, comfortable bed, excellent shower. Free delicious coffee and hot chocolate 24/7 in lobby. Nice touches like cookies at the front desk, and fantastic staff that always greet you with a smile. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Bethesda, MD
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Very nice stay just before Dartmouth commencement. Room was spacioUs and well appointed. The toiletries were upscale though very small containers, barely enough for one shampooing, bed was very comfortable. Very clean! Reception offered guest pass to nearby fitness place but found the in house facility was just fine. Short drive to campus. Wifi worked fine, desk chair was comfortable. Water pressure good in shower. Quiet at night. (but that Is to be expected up there...)
Nice touches of fridge and microwave in room for snack or bkfast needs.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Element Hanover-Lebanon
#3 of 7 in Lebanon
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction

Been to Courtyard Hanover Lebanon? Share your experiences!