“Comfortable stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Lebanon
Rockford,IL
“Comfortable stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel was recently renovated.
The furnishings were tasteful the beds comfortable.
The staff was very efficient, helpful and professional. The night manager was very helpful in securing us a room at the last minute.
The fitness center was new and very well equipped.
The hotel was immaculately clean and convienantlylocated. Close to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and a short Drive to Hanover / Dartmouth.
A shuttle to both is available and convenient.
Great choice of hotel in this area.
Fourth floor rooms are quiet and afford a nice view.

Room Tip: Fourth floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We just got back from two nights at the Courtyard and had a great stay.

They must be done with the renovations because we didn't see any sign of construction while we were there, Everything looked brand-new. Rooms were clean and comfortable, and staff was very friendly and helpful.

The only (very minor) drawback was the staff in the Bistro area seemed like they were still trying to get the feel of the system which sometimes made service a little slow while they figured things out, but you could tell they were trying and were all very friendly, and the food was good.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the new Bistro system, but that seems to be a change Marriott is making to all Courtyards so I won't hold it against this hotel. The Bistro is basically a coffee-shop counter with a handful of full entrees you can order for breakfast or dinner. You place your order & pay, then they bring the food out to you. If I'm paying $30-40 for two adults & a child to eat breakfast, I'd rather be able to sit-down and order, or have a buffet experience. With a picky 7 year old in tow it was hard to find something she'd eat - she normally grazes on little bits of this and that from hotel buffets when we travel (unless, of course, there are pancakes, which The Bistro doesn't have).

After the first morning, we decided we were better off visiting a local diner for breakfast if we wanted more than a quick coffee with something small to grab & go.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Having read a previous reviewer's exasperated comments regarding ongoing renovations at this location (great to have that heads-up, by the way), I called ahead to check the status on those.

The good news is that the renovations are complete, and this is one terrific looking hotel as a result. Lobby and rooms both have a décor I haven't seen before in Marriott and they're both very modern and elegant. Service was excellent, the staff cordial and welcoming and apparently any issues regarding room cleanliness have been addressed by the hotel- we experienced no room problems at all, cleanliness or otherwise.

Location was great, as there is quick and easy access (10 minute drive) to shopping and restaurants in nearby Lebanon and Hanover.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel-where we stayed- has a bit of a view, and noise was no issue. If you take the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Long Beach, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Under MAJOR CONSTRUCTION.. Tarps, concrete dust and hazardous stepping greets you. First night was horrible, rhythmic pounding and drilling woke us up. Long black hair in shower curtain. Manager was friendly at first, comped first night, moved us to a room far away for the second night and did discount the room HOWEVER when we took a shower, LONG BLACK HAIR AGAIN!!! Stay away until they finish, shows disrespect for the customer that they are even open during renovation.They did promise corporate was coming to train....housekeeper came into elevator with huge bag of trash, could overhear profanity in casual conversation between workers...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank CheepsLB
CYLEBMANAGER, Director of Sales at Courtyard Hanover Lebanon, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for your review, we value your feedback and apperciate that you took the time to share. I’m pleased to hear that our front desk associate took care of addressing your initial room concerns. However, I am truly disappointed by the lack of cleanliness you experienced in your guest room as well as that you overheard inappropriate conversations between our staff. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness, as well as our staff service and your experience falls below our standards. Lastly, I am sorry that our hotel renovation caused you inconvenience, we understand that your stay was not ideal as a result. We are proud of the upgrades that we are doing that will ultimately improve the quality of our guests experiences at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to our renovated hotel when business or pleasure brings you back to the beautiful Upper Valley.
Hatfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

My family, including our 4 year old daughter, stayed here a couple weeks ago - it was a very pleasant experience! Even with the renovations we had a nice quiet stay. We were on the top floor and never heard any noise; not from other guests or renovations.

We also made good use of the hotel shuttle. It's wonderful because it will bring you anywhere within a 10mi radius. The onsite pool was perfect for our daughter. It's small and is only 3-4 feet deep. Which was perfect for us. They also always had pool towels laid out.

Additionally throughout the renovation they are providing complimentary breakfasts. So this made for a nice convenient start to our days.

Bottom line - I would recommend this hotel, especially if traveling with young children. The other Hanover hotels are nice, but do not offer as many family friendly amenities.

Happy travels!!

Stayed April 2014
Ooltewah, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Even with the renovations, rooms have been very comfortable, and the staff is GREAT! Will use this hotel as my top choice when there for business over the next year. Ok. Need more words.... So....great hotel!!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
South Kingstown, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

I recently stayed a total of 3 nights at this hotel during a family emergency. My son was in a snowboarding accident and was taken to the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Trauma Center which is conveniently a short drive across the street. I arrived at the hotel at midnight, after ensuring he was stable and in good hands, after a 3.5 hour drive. I did not have a reservation and was hoping they had a room. I was greeted by a very friendly front desk clerk who went out of her way to find me a great room in a quiet section of the hotel which had just been renovated. Not knowing how long I would need to stay, she kindly advised how to best handle the situation and we decided I would reserve for 2 nights informing me I could cancel the 2nd night with no penalty as long as it was before 6pm. The room was spacious, nicely decorated, very comfortable and inviting with plenty of closet and drawer space. The bathroom was large and clean with all the amenities. The entire room and bathroom were exceptionaly clean, had an in room refrigerator and microwave in addition to a coffee pot, and plenty of very fluffy towels. I couldn't have asked for better!
I was informed upon check in that since the hotel was undergoing reservations, a buffet breakfast would be offered each morning free of charge. The food was very good and the there were plenty of choices, both hot and cold.
Every staff member I encountered was friendly, pleasant, and went out of their way to assist in any way they could. It turned out that I needed to stay an additional night and they were very nice in meeting my needs. They also informed me that they have a special "hospital" rate, which was offered without my asking.
I would stay again if I am ever back in the area without hesitation. I feel they couldn't have done a better job helping me in my time of need.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Corinne F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Element Hanover-Lebanon
#3 of 7 in Lebanon
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction

Been to Courtyard Hanover Lebanon? Share your experiences!