“Great hotel for the value”

Courtyard Hanover Lebanon
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Lebanon
New York, NY
“Great hotel for the value”
Reviewed 2 September 2007

Just got back from a 3 night stay at the Courtyard Marriott in Hanover, NH. The hotel is fairly new (10 months, I believe). The room (with 2 queen beds), was large and very clean. Bathroom was nice size and also very clean. Beds and pillows (lots of them!) were comfortable. As you'd expect in most the Courtyard level of Marriott, there is no bellhop or 24 hour restaurant. I believe the restaurant serves breakfast only and we did not eat in the restaurant. There is a pool (indoors) -- the only downside to the pool is that it is very small. Big enough for my 2 girls to play in, but we were the only guests at the pool both times we went. Housekeeping is very quick with needs - the first night we were there we needed extra towels. I called housekeeping and they arrived at our room within 10 minutes. Checkin was quick and the staff was friendly. Would highly recommend staying at this hotel.

• Liked — Large room, comfortable beds, clean bathroom
  • Disliked — Small pool
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank emsoap

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 July 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Courtyard for a family wedding on campus. It's a little bit out of town on the highway by the medical center, but it's very easy to navigate around by car. If you're hoping to walk around town and Dartmouth campus this might not be the place to stay, especially since parking in Hanover is such a challenge all year 'round.

The property is newly built and still has that "gleam" about the place. The indoor pool and jacuzzi were very nice as were the outdoor seating areas, the lobby/bar area, and the internet room that had a selection of newspapers and magazines. I felt , however, that the room rate that included breakfast was a bit pricey for just your standard, steam-table buffet fare ($20 added into the rate), albeit with an omlette station (which seemed to be only haphazardly manned). I really didn't think it was much different than the spread Marriott's lower-priced Fairfield Inn puts out. We could have spent the $20 better at Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts for coffee and breakfast sandwiches.

There's a decent mexican restaurant "Margaritas" in the shopping complex next to the hotel that serves dinner until 10pm; we also had a great meal at the Canoe Club on Main St. which was a lovely, quirky place with great food -- not cheap, but not nearly as expensive as it looks.

All in all a solid stay at a solid Marriott. The employees were especially friendly and outgoing, from the front desk to the cleaning staff which is always a pleasant finding. And hey, yes, they still have the chocolate-chip cookies at check-in.

• Liked — New facility, great shower with marble ledge/seat
  • Disliked — Breakfast. Very loud A/C.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Beth B
Reviewed 13 November 2006

Stayed at the new Courtyard Hanover Lebanon this past weekend, just a couple of days after it opened. Since it was so new, I was anticipating that some things might not go smoothly, but I had nothing to fear! Everything from check-in, room, restaurant, to check-out went perfectly.

The hotel is located in a corporate-park area, with decent views of surrounding woods and mountains. There was ample parking. The people at the front desk greeted us warmly and had us off to our room very quickly. Two elevators were quick and we never had to wait long.

We had a double queen room, and it was decorated in the typical Courtyard style. Of course everything was new and fresh. I wish my own bathtub sparkled like that!!! The room had a mini fridge and microwave, coffee maker, and of course iron/ironing board. We actually had two closets ... one that was in the armoire, and a separate closet with sliding doors.

The mattresses were of course new and firm, and I slept well. I also liked that there are screens on the windows and you can slide the window open (but only a few inches, for safety). It was still nice to get a little fresh air.

My only concern was that there were no extra blankets. The beds have just a sheet and the lightweight down-like comforter, but that was rather thin. I don't like the heating system in any hotel room, so I usually shut it off during the night. I was a little chilly (okay, yes, I did have that window cracked open!) and wished we had access to a lightweight blanket.

Although the hotel seemed busy with a lot of guests, I never heard a sound from the hallway, and I am a light sleeper. They must have done an excellent job with sound-proofing.

We had breakfast in their cafe the first morning. The service was quick and friendly, and there was an adequately stocked hot and cold buffet. You can also have an omelette made to order.

Just across the driveway was a small strip mall that had a nice market, in case you would like to pick up a snack. Also a liquor store and a couple of other shops. Walk or drive a little further and there was a Margarita's mexican restaurant.

This hotel is located less than a 10-minute drive from downtown Hanover, home of Dartmouth College. It's a lovely area with lots of little shops and restaurants, a beautiful green, etc. We took a tour of Dartmouth and visited their Hood Museum. It was very nice.

All in all, a great trip to the area and I would definitely return to this Courtyard!

• Liked — Clean, quiet room
  • Disliked — Lack of blankets, would have liked pay-per-view movies on TV.
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank purple_phantom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Element Hanover-Lebanon
#3 of 7 in Lebanon
Hampton Inn White River Junction
Hampton Inn White River Junction
#1 of 8 in White River Junction

Been to Courtyard Hanover Lebanon? Share your experiences!