“Modestly good”

Three Tomatoes Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Three Tomatoes Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 67 Restaurants in Lebanon
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Three Tomatoes Trattoria opened on November 20th, 1990. Over the years I have traveled extensively throughout Italy in search of new ideas, recipes, and great wines to bring back to Three Tomatoes. The source of inspiration continues to be the simple, fresh, healthy and local foods of Trattoria style cooking. Eating in a Trattoria in Italy is like eating with an Italian family. The mood can be relaxed or boisterous, but always friendly. It is a home away from home and a gathering place for friends. I have tried to capture the warmth of the trattoria kitchen with its open fire, the aroma of simmering sauces, roasted meats, grilled fish and pizza baking in our custom built wood fired oven. Our newly revised wine list has been enhanced by selections of distinction and value inspired by attending Vinitaly, Slow Food's Terra Madre and visiting vineyards throughout Italy, Sicily and Sardinia. Three Tomatoes has captured some of the spirit that makes wine, food, and conviviality such an important part of trattoria life. Salute and buon appetito! Robert
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Three Tomatoes is a standard in the Upper Valley of NH/VT. It offers great value, a decent menu, and a nice selection of wines. But be warned! If there is an event at the close-by Lebanon Opera House, Three Tomatoes will be mobbed with attenders and the kitchen will not be able to keep up the pace necessary to get you to your performance. For last Saturday's concert, my spouse and I made it to Three Tomatoes at 5:30 -- two hours before show time. Wait staff was attentive and got our order into the kitchen. Main course arrived at our table at 7:10, leaving us ten minutes to eat. This was not a wait-staff failure. It was a kitchen failure. Food was not up to Three Tomatoes usual fine standards. Time for management to re-visit their kitchen staffing.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The food is really really good. The wait staff, excellent. You can still get Shrimp Fra Diavolo, even though it is no longer on the menu. The acoustics are difficult. Not a good place for conversation. Take out is the best idea, only there is no parking.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The food is great and the service is excellent. This is a place we bring out of town guests. Always a favorite for family gatherings too.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I am very familiar with the Winooski location of this restaurant, which is why I decided to go to this location. We walked in and waited a long time to be seated for lunch, and the hostess walked up wearing yoga pants and sneakers. The building seemed old and the atmosphere was VERY different from the Winooski location. I felt as though I was in a diner for a cheap bite to eat, not a place where I would pay $14 for my pasta. The food was okay but the service was AWFUL. It took a long time for her to come and take our order and then once we received our meal she never came back to check on us until she handed us the check. Which then took another 20 minutes for her to pick up. I will never be going back to this location. Extremely disappointed.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stopped in for dinner after picking up my wife's shirt for the (delayed due to weather) Shamrock Shuffle We got seated immediately, waitress came by a few minutes later and we ordered drinks while figuring out that to have for dinner. Then we waited, and waited. Finally, our drinks arrived and we ordered a salad and dinners (both pasta dishes). Then we waited,. and waited, again. Our salads arrived (both great) and we dug in. About 2 minutes later, our main courses arrived, with apologies that the "kitchen is running kind of fast tonight". The problem wasn't the fast meal, it was the extremely slow salads.

Both meals were perfectly cooked and very tasty, and the waitress attentive through the rest of the meal. We weren't sure why the initial delays happened (no explanation), but the meal definitely made up for that.