“Mixed bag”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dublin3
“Mixed bag”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The Salt Hill is located right on Colburn Park in Lebanon, so the location is excellent, as is the casual pub atmosphere. I've eaten here a few times, and the food is a bit of a mixed bag - the burgers are OK, nothing fantastic. The pot roast, on the other hand, is always fantastic and the serving is large enough to feed a family! Prices are fair and the beer selection is good.

• Visited August 2014

Searsport, Maine
“Great fried brussel sprouts & wonderful sandwiches!!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This will now be permanent stop point when we travel in New England! The fried brussel sprouts appetizer was excellent! No breading, lots of bacon & parmesan! A huge serving for $4.99!
I had a corned beef sandwich & my husband had pastrami. Both were large, fresh & ridiculously low-priced! Our server was attentive & friendly. Wish we lived closer!

• Visited July 2014
Plymouth, New Hampshire
“good burgers & good beer”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is a pub but a four dot pub. I always stop here on my way home from DMC. The have good burgers (i like the firehouse) and good sandwiches w/ a nice house ale. otherwise i drink harpoon ipa. Two beers and a burger for under 20$. A great lunch IMO.

Service is spotty, i always have better service at the bar and if you there during live music it will be busy and loud. Servers are friendly but tend to get distracted by their regulars so if you're there for quick eats you need to be there during a quiet time.

They also have plenty of TVs for the sport fan. Too many IMO. I've been here with friends and it is nice to chat and eat if baseball is on - they keep the sound down.

Last and this is a big plus to me - they get a very mixed crowd, tourists, regulars and folks like me and b/c it has a nice vibe everyone always seems to be talkative and friendly. Its not Ireland but you can't get a burger like the firehouse in ireland or a decent beer!

• Visited July 2014
Hanover, NH
“Great Local Spot”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We love SHP as our go-to casual date-night or gathering with friends spot. The food is good, the prices are reasonable, and when there is live entertainment it is usually very good. Do not expect quick service, we have often sat with empty glasses waiting for 15-20 minutes for the check or for the waitstaff to return for our credit cards.

• Visited June 2014
Hartland, Vermont
“Average food and sometimes very noisy”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have eaten here a number of times and find it acceptable, but not anything very special. It is one of those places with multiple tv screens and it sometimes very noisy. The place is more peaceful at lunch time. I like their Rubin sandwiches and once had a fairly good pot roast dinner. The place is large and sometimes very busy. They have a second similar place in nearby Hanover, NH. I would not have any resistance to eating here again, but my expectations would not be high. This is not what these days is called "fine dinning", it is just an ordinary place.

• Visited October 2013