“cozy”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Lebanon
Providence, Rhode Island
“cozy”
Reviewed 12 December 2011

A bit of a strange location, behind all the stores in West Lebanon, but once inside really cozy... big fireplace with actual fire in the lobby. Didn't get a chance to check out the pool or restaurant but the room was really nice. I had a king with lots of room, coffee, and ironing board.... and the massage chair in room was wonderful. Front desk was very helpful, overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Shawn B, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 December 2011
Thank you for sharing your comments with the TripAdvisor community. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that during your next visit with us, you will have the opportunity to experience the pool and the Garden Court Restaurant. They are both wonderful contributions to the hotel.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Hebrew first
Connecticut
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Since I had never heard of the Fireside Inn, I was a bit hesitant about what it would be like. It's not in Hanover, New Hampshire, but about 15 minutes by car from there. As it turned out, my husband chose it because we were in Hanover with another couple to see the Yale Dartmouth hockey game, most of the visiting hockey teams playing Dartmouth stay there so the price is right, and it's fairly large.That all meant good accomodations and a full breakfast. He was on the mark. The four of us liked it. It's not fancy, and it could propably use an update in its decor. But, It's right off the highway, our rooms were very clean, good size, we had large, comfortable double beds, and -ta da!- windows we could open! (that's important to us, as we always try to sleep with the windows open, anytime of year.) It was close enough to Hanover that I was able to go to the museum, do some shopping then drive back to the hotel to change and rest before making the games on time. The breakfast buffet was help-yourself, and very pleasant waitresses made sure our coffee was refilled and the table was cleared each time we went back for more food. Next time we go to Hanover, we'd definitely stay there again!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Shawn B, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 November 2011
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that your stay with us was everything that you hoped for and more. We look forward to welcoming you back to the area soon.

Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 10 October 2011

My husband came back from his 5th deployment to the Middle East a few weeks ago, and we decided to take a road trip through New England as a much needed family getaway. On night 4, after having driven for 14 hours, we stopped in West Lebanon, NH. As this was the closest hotel to the interstate, we ended up staying here. The room itself was ok. It was dated, but clean. There was a bed and shower. No funky smells in the room. You could tell they tried. We're a military family, we've stayed in hotels all over the U.S. and in Europe during PCSes- believe me when I say, the room is fine. This is not my issue. The problem came the next morning while my family attended breakfast. My husband took my son ahead while my daughter & I got ready. My husband waited patiently to be seated, as indicated by the sign and once he'd done so, told the server that there would be 4 of us. When my daughter & I showed up, the wait staff studiously ignored us for around 15-20 minutes- going so far as to wait on the table adjacent to us THREE times before I finally was able to get the lady's attention to ask if my husband & I could have coffee and my daughter could have juice. I should mention there are NO coffee pots in the rooms, so your only caffeine fix is what your server pours you in the buffet area. She immediately copped an attitude, passed the task off onto a younger server in front of us - a college kid, I assume - and walked off. I don't remember her words, exactly, but I haven't forgotten her attitude, or how she made us feel. She then came BACK to the table next to us and resumed her conversation. Our drinks, for some reason, came up in their conversation and she said "I was going to, but you know, it must have slipped right out of my mind...." then asked them if she could get them anything. When the server finally showed up with our coffee & my daughter's juice, I was in the process of rubbing my eyes and made the comment to my daughter that it was too early. This waitress spit out "I've been here since 5 am." Then promptly went back to ignoring us. I was so upset that for the first time, EVER, in 14 years of military service - 10 PCSes---countless trips back and to across the country requiring countless hotel stays --- I went to the front desk and made a complaint. Apparently, the first lady is the floor manager for the breakfast area and has "issues" with people seating themselves (which we did NOT do). Look, I don't know what their deal was, but I have a 5 year old Autistic child, a husband coming in from his 5th combat deployment & countless other things going on at any given time. We were on vacation, we were supposed to be getting away from all of our worries. It was supposed to be a fun trip - and instead, these people ruined the last day of our vacation and left a sour note on what was a much needed getaway. I have never been treated so poorly, EVER, in any hotel, anywhere. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Keep driving.

Room Tip: Keep driving.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank C M
Shawn B, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 October 2011
I would like to start by saying that we are truly sorry for the situation that you encountered with one of our servers. This kind of behavior is not tolerated here at the Fireside Inn & Suites, and has been addressed with this individual. We take great pride in the service that all our employees provide our guests and want to assure you that this was not a typical interaction with any member of the staff. We do have coffee makers in all of our guest rooms. We are undergoing renovations too all of our guest rooms and some of them have the coffee makers in the television armoires. Fireside Inn & Suites is very appreciative of all that the military members and their families do for our country. Please accept our sincerest apologies. I hope that the next time that you are in the area, you will be willing to give us another chance. Please call me directly so I can be sure that you get the experience that you, and all of our guests, deserve.

West Lebanon, NH

Travellers are raving about these Lebanon hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Hi,
Stayed 2 nights here. Check in took forever after waiting over an hour to check arrived in at 5:00 PM. Left to get dinner came back and checked in again. Room was just freshly painted. Very strong oder. I had to request moving from freshly painted room. Relocated to new room 2 queen beds fit for a street sleeper. So hard I had no sleep first night and 2nd night I layered the bedspread under the sheet to add padding. Even doubled over 3 times the bed was hard.
My husband used the other bed and had the same complaint. I mentioned on check out and was told LOL " All 110 rooms have the same type of "medium firm" bed...LOL So at your own risk...don't plan on sleeping...Internet was very weak in the room I had. Be sure and ask if there is a good signal in your room you may be up all night. : (

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DS137
Thank you for taking a moment and commenting on your stay with us. It is through our guest's feedback that we are able to see the areas in which we excel and the areas that we need to focus on. I do apologize for your wait to check in. It was on a day that the majority of the hotel was checking out and all the rooms were resold for that evening. We work very hard to have all rooms ready for arrival by 3 pm. Sometimes, circumstances prevent that from being possible.
I believe that there was a misunderstanding with the desk agent that you voiced your concerns too. We do not "LOL" at any of our guests. While there is no universal mattress that is perfect for everyone, your feedback has prompted us to look into solutions for our guests that require a softer mattress. I hope that the next time you are in the area, you will contact me directly for reservations so I may address the mattress situation for you. Thank you again for your feedback.

North Texas
Reviewed 19 September 2011

This was a last minute choice. I think the staff is doing the very best with what ownership has given them. The room was as clean as one can clean sorely outdated carpets and bathrooms.
Hotel needs updated carpets, security access (none now), buffet, paint, doors, hardware and bathrooms.
The staff is great and energetic...don't blame them for the condition of the property.

Room Tip: Preview your room before accepting.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank ntxtraveler091
Thank you for taking a moment to post a review of our property on Trip Advisor. We are currently in the process of renovating all of our guest rooms, and hallways. We freely admit that our property is a little dated and in need of these renovations. In regards to our security, we do have the building monitored 24 hours a day, and all staff members are trained in our security procedures. We are looking into putting room key access locks on all of our exits that will lock all exits at a designated time of day, and only guests with room keys will have access to the building during that time.
Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to welcome you to the area again soon.

Irondequoit, New York
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Stayed here for the first time as most hotels in the area are booked up with storm cleanup crews and there is very little available.

Normally easily accessible, if a little hard to find the driveways, from I-89, construction at the exit can actually snarl up traffic during the rush hours. Other than that, the hotel is well located, with several restaurants within walking distance (though I wouldn't venture through the construction zone on foot right now) and a couple of strip malls (currently closed due to flood damage) with decent places to kill some time.

The exterior seems a bit dated, as does the lobby, though it is clean and nicely laid out. The hallways, however, and all of the room doors, are in desperate need of updating - almost tripped on large carpet "bubbles" a couple of times, room renovations were going on, extra cots are stored in the middle of the halls. I was getting nervous about what the condition of the room would be like, but to no real worries. The room was large (I think they had to give me a suite at the normal rate, I could have had a party for 20 in there) and clean, though dated. As I was all the way in the back of the hotel, the wifi was nonexistent, and given my proximity to the hill at the east end, I barely had cell coverage. Doors close very loudly, and the walls are thin. I easily heard a conversation housekeeping was having in another room, though it wasn't too bad at night.

The breakfast buffet was better than most, a lot of hot choices. I generally skip breakfast, but I had time today and it was enticing enough.

I stayed on a local company's negotiated rate, and that still may have been a little high for the hotel, but I will use it as a backup during busy times (and I am the sort of person who will stay 30-45 minutes away from where I have to be based on hotels I like)

Room Tip: Tell them if you need wifi - they seem to have a limited number of routers.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank mclee19
We do admit that our property is a little dated. We are in the process of updating the guest rooms and public areas. We are currently looking into solutions for the wifi issue. We have had several technicians come in to address this issue. As with any wifi router, the signal strength varies based on a variety of situations. We are looking into everyone of them, as we understand that wifi is very important to all of our guests. In regards to our cots being stored in the hallways... We do not store them there, however, your feedback has shown us that it could appear that way. We will be putting the cots in their proper place in a more timely manner. The housekeeping staff does have the cots that they have just made up,off to the side of the hallways while they are cleaning the rooms, but they are stored in a storage room when not in use by a guest.
Thank you for your candid feedback. We hope to welcome you back to the area soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We stayed one night (during the week) at the Fireside Inn while going to a meeting at Dartmouth. The room was comfortable and clean, with great a/c. The free wi-fi was wonky at best and only worked in certain spots in the room, at certain times of the night. Breakfast is included, but hard to recommend as we found a moldy orange on the buffet, and the general food service area was not kept clean and tidy. The hotel's location near the airport and adjacent to I-89, in an industrial park with a lumber warehouse and other businesses, is definitely not beautiful. If we hadn't booked through Priceline with a discounted room rate, we'd have been very, very unhappy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back of the hotel with no parking lot behind.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank SoupchickRI
Shawn B, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
We were alarmed to hear of your experience with our food service. I assure you that this has been addressed and is certainly not a common occurence. Thank you for taking a moment and posting your review. Your feedback is very important to us, and we hope that the next time you are in the area, you will be willing to give us another opportunity to show you the experience that you deserve.

West Lebanon, NH
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Element Hanover-Lebanon
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#3 of 8 in White River Junction
White River Inn and Suites
White River Inn and Suites
#5 of 8 in White River Junction
Courtyard Hanover Lebanon

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!