“Courteous and Compassionate”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Lebanon
Reviewed 24 January 2012

During a difficult time for our family (our grandson was to have surgery at Dartmouth Medical) we arranged to stay at the Fire Side Inn. Gary was very courteous and compassionate to our needs. Thank you so much!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Shawn B, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We strive to exceed our guest's expectations and are delighted to hear that we are doing just that. We hope to welcome you back to the area soon. Hopefully under much more pleasant circumstances.

There are newer reviews for Fireside Inn & Suites

Reviewed 12 January 2012

Everything was fine except the noise coming through the halls at 5:30 in the morning when they hit the door bump, at first I couldn't tell what it was then I found out it was the Laundry attendant, I think his name was Gary? Why would this hotel let someone that early come through the halls making that much noise. It was very inappropriate

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Shawn B, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2012

I would like to thank you for posting your review on tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear of the incident that occured during your stay. I can assure you that this is not a typical situation. This employee is a hardworking individual and did not anticipate making any noise, but wishes to extend his deepest apologies. We are happy to hear that aside from this incident, you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you to the area again soon.

Reviewed 8 January 2012

An in room massage chair like the kind you always see at Brookstone! Plus a gas fireplace! All on a $119 managers special in the off season.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Shawn B, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

Thank you for posting your review of the Fireside Inn & Suites. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us. There are many great deals to be found through out the year. We hope to welcome you back to the area soon.

Reviewed 12 December 2011

A bit of a strange location, behind all the stores in West Lebanon, but once inside really cozy... big fireplace with actual fire in the lobby. Didn't get a chance to check out the pool or restaurant but the room was really nice. I had a king with lots of room, coffee, and ironing board.... and the massage chair in room was wonderful. Front desk was very helpful, overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Shawn B, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2011

Thank you for sharing your comments with the TripAdvisor community. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that during your next visit with us, you will have the opportunity to experience the pool and the Garden Court Restaurant. They are both wonderful contributions to the hotel.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Since I had never heard of the Fireside Inn, I was a bit hesitant about what it would be like. It's not in Hanover, New Hampshire, but about 15 minutes by car from there. As it turned out, my husband chose it because we were in Hanover with another couple to see the Yale Dartmouth hockey game, most of the visiting hockey teams playing Dartmouth stay there so the price is right, and it's fairly large.That all meant good accomodations and a full breakfast. He was on the mark. The four of us liked it. It's not fancy, and it could propably use an update in its decor. But, It's right off the highway, our rooms were very clean, good size, we had large, comfortable double beds, and -ta da!- windows we could open! (that's important to us, as we always try to sleep with the windows open, anytime of year.) It was close enough to Hanover that I was able to go to the museum, do some shopping then drive back to the hotel to change and rest before making the games on time. The breakfast buffet was help-yourself, and very pleasant waitresses made sure our coffee was refilled and the table was cleared each time we went back for more food. Next time we go to Hanover, we'd definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Shawn B, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that your stay with us was everything that you hoped for and more. We look forward to welcoming you back to the area soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2011

My husband came back from his 5th deployment to the Middle East a few weeks ago, and we decided to take a road trip through New England as a much needed family getaway. On night 4, after having driven for 14 hours, we stopped in West Lebanon, NH. As this was the closest hotel to the interstate, we ended up staying here. The room itself was ok. It was dated, but clean. There was a bed and shower. No funky smells in the room. You could tell they tried. We're a military family, we've stayed in hotels all over the U.S. and in Europe during PCSes- believe me when I say, the room is fine. This is not my issue. The problem came the next morning while my family attended breakfast. My husband took my son ahead while my daughter & I got ready. My husband waited patiently to be seated, as indicated by the sign and once he'd done so, told the server that there would be 4 of us. When my daughter & I showed up, the wait staff studiously ignored us for around 15-20 minutes- going so far as to wait on the table adjacent to us THREE times before I finally was able to get the lady's attention to ask if my husband & I could have coffee and my daughter could have juice. I should mention there are NO coffee pots in the rooms, so your only caffeine fix is what your server pours you in the buffet area. She immediately copped an attitude, passed the task off onto a younger server in front of us - a college kid, I assume - and walked off. I don't remember her words, exactly, but I haven't forgotten her attitude, or how she made us feel. She then came BACK to the table next to us and resumed her conversation. Our drinks, for some reason, came up in their conversation and she said "I was going to, but you know, it must have slipped right out of my mind...." then asked them if she could get them anything. When the server finally showed up with our coffee & my daughter's juice, I was in the process of rubbing my eyes and made the comment to my daughter that it was too early. This waitress spit out "I've been here since 5 am." Then promptly went back to ignoring us. I was so upset that for the first time, EVER, in 14 years of military service - 10 PCSes---countless trips back and to across the country requiring countless hotel stays --- I went to the front desk and made a complaint. Apparently, the first lady is the floor manager for the breakfast area and has "issues" with people seating themselves (which we did NOT do). Look, I don't know what their deal was, but I have a 5 year old Autistic child, a husband coming in from his 5th combat deployment & countless other things going on at any given time. We were on vacation, we were supposed to be getting away from all of our worries. It was supposed to be a fun trip - and instead, these people ruined the last day of our vacation and left a sour note on what was a much needed getaway. I have never been treated so poorly, EVER, in any hotel, anywhere. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Keep driving.

Room Tip: Keep driving.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank C M
Shawn B, Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2011

I would like to start by saying that we are truly sorry for the situation that you encountered with one of our servers. This kind of behavior is not tolerated here at the Fireside Inn & Suites, and has been addressed with this individual. We take great pride in the service that all our employees provide our guests and want to assure you that this was not a typical interaction with any member of the staff. We do have coffee makers in all of our guest rooms. We are undergoing renovations too all of our guest rooms and some of them have the coffee makers in the television armoires. Fireside Inn & Suites is very appreciative of all that the military members and their families do for our country. Please accept our sincerest apologies. I hope that the next time that you are in the area, you will be willing to give us another chance. Please call me directly so I can be sure that you get the experience that you, and all of our guests, deserve.

Reviewed 20 September 2011

Hi,
Stayed 2 nights here. Check in took forever after waiting over an hour to check arrived in at 5:00 PM. Left to get dinner came back and checked in again. Room was just freshly painted. Very strong oder. I had to request moving from freshly painted room. Relocated to new room 2 queen beds fit for a street sleeper. So hard I had no sleep first night and 2nd night I layered the bedspread under the sheet to add padding. Even doubled over 3 times the bed was hard.
My husband used the other bed and had the same complaint. I mentioned on check out and was told LOL " All 110 rooms have the same type of "medium firm" bed...LOL So at your own risk...don't plan on sleeping...Internet was very weak in the room I had. Be sure and ask if there is a good signal in your room you may be up all night. : (

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DS137

Thank you for taking a moment and commenting on your stay with us. It is through our guest's feedback that we are able to see the areas in which we excel and the areas that we need to focus on. I do apologize for your wait to check in. It was on a day that the majority of the hotel was checking out and all the rooms were resold for that evening. We work very hard to have all rooms ready for arrival by 3 pm. Sometimes, circumstances prevent that from being possible.
I believe that there was a misunderstanding with the desk agent that you voiced your concerns too. We do not "LOL" at any of our guests. While there is no universal mattress that is perfect for everyone, your feedback has prompted us to look into solutions for our guests that require a softer mattress. I hope that the next time you are in the area, you will contact me directly for reservations so I may address the mattress situation for you. Thank you again for your feedback.

West Lebanon, NH

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Holiday Inn Express & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Whi...
#3 of 8 in White River Junction
Baymont Inn & Suites West Lebanon
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 8 in White River Junction

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!